It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC refuse to air Trump’s ad over 'fake news' claim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Wait so now some of the right want government propaganda forced on to TV?

Remember too that you will start seeing campaign adds from Trump because somehow he is allowed to start his 2020 campaign already.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I wonder why his first 100 days diary didn't include the woman's march, or mention tantrums over crowd size. I wonder why it didn't mention lying to the CIA on his second day.
I wonder why it didn't mention failed travel bans or world leaders he's already pissed off .or protests at airports from coast to coast.
I wonder why he didn't say anything about Mexico paying for a wall that congress refuses to fund .
He should have mentioned that he's under an FBI investigation but he left that out.
Or the fact that there's been some controversy every day since he took office and it doesn't look like that's going to change soon.
But he didn't mention any of that because he lies all the time about everything. He's just a liar. You can't believe a single thing he says.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Those networks can choose to air whatever ads they want.

I'm more interested in the fact that Trump is still putting out campaign ads despite winning months ago.

And having rallies. He needs to be on a stage hearing people cheer him. He's a flipping psychic vampire.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Has always happened...and still happens all the time. Its just now people are talking about it...all the Presidents going waaaaaaaay back...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Do those same networks air the positives of this presidency?

What "positives"?

He got a Supreme Court Justice seated. That's it. We know that. There is nothing else "positive" unless you want to say this presidency is "positively a danger to world stability and the lives of Americans everywhere."

"Positively" a clear and present danger. He's ridiculous!

edit on 5/9/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: brutus61

Do those same networks air the positives of this presidency?

What "positives"?

He got a Supreme Court Justice seated. That's it. We know that. There is nothing else "positive" unless you want to say this presidency is "positively a danger to world stability and the lives of Americans everywhere."

"Positively" a clear and present danger. He's ridiculous!

You should look a little harder and not just listen to what MSM is feeding you...

(post by 3danimator2014 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Those networks can choose to air whatever ads they want.

I'm more interested in the fact that Trump is still putting out campaign ads despite winning months ago.

And having rallies. He needs to be on a stage hearing people cheer him. He's a flipping psychic vampire.

The man's ego is so fragile, he has to lie constantly about polls, how many people came to see him etc..Hes like a teenage girl, tweeting about irrelevant things at 3 am and lying constantly.

Which i think is the only silver lining about this creep having won. He will CLEARLY go down as the worst president ever and it brings me a tiny bit of comfort knowing how that will crush his Kayne-style ego. Even if he never admits it, HE will know.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

You should look a little harder and not just listen to what MSM is feeding you...

This is interesting. Because you seem confident that you personally have "looked harder", and I too, seem to have missed the vast array of positives you claim, let's see a list from you of all the positive things he has done since being in office.
Please enlighten us.

Buzzy said he had managed to have a Judge appointed to the Supreme Court, but I think Mitch McConnell is the one to have actually accomplished that, by changing the rules. So please bear that in mind when compiling your vast list that one must look so hard to find.

Waiting.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Another example of the left leaning folks failing.. what should be done is run his propaganda and have a point for point rebuttal ready... by just going NO... NO...NO... they are not getting their side of the argument across and folks will just assume Trump is right.

ETA: By that I mean all the middle ground folks working their butts off trying to make ends meet... they just see one side refuse to put both sides out there, it appears weak.

Our society has changed in my lifetime to where the appearance of things is often times more important than the truth.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Another example of the left leaning folks failing.. what should be done is run his propaganda and have a point for point rebuttal ready... by just going NO... NO...NO... they are not getting their side of the argument across and folks will just assume Trump is right.

Actually i agree with you. They should not only not play his ads, but make their own ads rebuffing his.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Our society has changed in my lifetime to where the appearance of things is often times more important than the truth.

Yes. We have entered an era of "Post-Truth".

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Wait a second.

I thought Google declared that fascism was a right-wing ideology yesterday.

Doesn't even take a single day to blow holes through that definition.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

1st amendment re-written by Media: its now called "Freedom from speech" : Nothing else but "left side story" shall be aired.

1st amendment rewritten by President, it's now called 'if I don't agree with it, or I don't like you, then it's fake and shall be ignored'.

How long have NBC been classed as left wing then?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988

Do you seriously not see the problem with airing half the story behind things? That in itself is fascism. Deliberately misleading the public by not printing certain aspects of the story.

AND NO I AM NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER!

Well you can turn that around and say the commercial itself is deliberately misleading the public. Why advertise only half of the story ?

Where are all the screwups ?

Then the media should refuse to run McDonalds restaurant commercials.
Those ads show happy people getting the order just like they wanted it.

The other half of the story not shown....
Some teenage moron asking three times whether the order is 'for here or to go' then getting it wrong, cold french fries and condiments that you didn't want on the outside of the bun.

Well if MacDonald's produced an ad telling the audience that FAKE NEWS™ pissed in their McFatty Shakes... I'm pretty sure the networks would "censor" that, too.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If Trump pulled any of those news organizations' broadcasting license then he would be slapped with a 1st Amendment violation and that EO or edict would quickly be overturned by the courts as we've seen with the travel ban. Unlike in Turkey, our Constitutional checks and balances are still operational. Much to the chagrin of Der Trump.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

1st amendment re-written by Media: its now called "Freedom from speech" : Nothing else but "left side story" shall be aired.

News organizations are private broadcasting companies. They have every right not to sell ad time to the Trump administration. That's called the free market. Ever heard of it?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Freedom of speech also means the networks have the freedom to ignore.

They paint themselves as ideologues when they do that, but they have the freedom to do so.

Personally, I'd be more worried if the Trump administration forced the networks to play the commercial.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
OF COURSE they can't air something like that.

It creates conflicts with their normal propaganda agendas.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If Trump pulled any of those news organizations' broadcasting license then he would be slapped with a 1st Amendment violation and that EO or edict would quickly be overturned by the courts as we've seen with the travel ban. Unlike in Turkey, our Constitutional checks and balances are still operational. Much to the chagrin of Der Trump.

If he did that, surely it would be the kiss of death for him. But many people would be cheering him on, I suspect.
Unfortunately such is our new world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join