It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC refuse to air Trump’s ad over 'fake news' claim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Regardless of the outcome, I just know the courts wouldn't let him get away with it. I'm so thankful that our checks and balances haven't completely atrophied away, and I have a feeling they will be strengthened in the coming elections.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Something I was unaware of was the refusal of ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, to air the video of Trump's first 100 days.. The problem with the add was there was a FAKE NEWS line in the video. I can not remember something like this ever happening.. But maybe it has I just don't know ?

If Trump wanted to play hard ball as the president of the United States and a true dictator (Turkey comes to mind) he would pull their broadcasting license.. Which has happened in several countries I have passed through along with jailed journalist or worse..

Several national television networks in the United States have refused to air President Donald Trump’s advertisement praising the accomplishments of his first 100 days in office.

ABC, CBS and NBC joined CNN in declining to show the advert, dubbed “America is Winning,” which touts the president’s achievements since his January 20 inauguration, but also criticizes the news media for unfair coverage.

The advert features famous anchors -- Andrea Mitchell of NBC, Scott Pelley of CBS, George Stephanopoulos of ABC, Wolf Blitzer of CNN and Rachel Maddow of MSNBC – whose faces are superimposed over the words “Fake News.”

www.presstv.ir...
The video in question
youtu.be...

Lara Trump reacts after CNN refuses to air campaign ad
youtu.be...

Guilt is an un-shakable feeling.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Literally every single political ad is fake news. Interesting they only selected this one to not air.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Another example of the left leaning folks failing.. what should be done is run his propaganda and have a point for point rebuttal ready... by just going NO... NO...NO... they are not getting their side of the argument across and folks will just assume Trump is right.

Actually i agree with you. They should not only not play his ads, but make their own ads rebuffing his.

I did not vote for the guy but I am happier with Trump than Hillary...

I would be ecstatic if they did that...that is part of an open society in my poor knuckle dragging old school way of thinking... both sides pick apart information and let the people decide which way we go.

Spent most of my military career pointing out the truth... turns out most people do not like it.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I see no problem with this. They are independent entities who can choose to air what they please. The fact that the ad's contain slander against them is very good reason to refuse to air it.

But, of course, the Trumpets will come in and claim that the left is censoring blah blah blah and someone has already called for their media licenses to be taken. Very fascist of you I must say.

I don't think you know what that word means. CNN, for example, is the largest 24hr news network. Your comments suggest they don't need to take responsibility for.... anything. There is plenty of proof they colluded with the DNC in manipulating the prinary elections, feeding debate questions, perpetuating highly biased polls and polling methods, and even if you read their pad right now, every story reads like an editorial or opinion piece. But they dont want to be valled out for it, so they censor what theyll show. Now, define fascism for us please.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't think his ad will fit between the prescription drug ads. Their medicated viewership might awaken.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hannity and Lara Trump exchange = blatant, passionate circle jerk.
Seriously. I feel dirty after watching that.

That being said, a network refusing to air an ad is not a new thing. Their problem seems to be (as touched upon by Mrs. Trump) is that because Donald is the president of the United States, he deserves respect.
No. I'm sorry, but regardless of who you are and what your title may be, respect is EARNED. Period.
I didn't have any respect for him before he decided to run and that's not going to change just because he's now the president. Prove to me that you deserve respect, I'll give it to you.
Simple.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
He wants to bypass the media as with everything else, let him tweet the ad.

You call the media the enemy and undermine them, this is what you get.

If Trump wanted to play hard ball as the president of the United States and a true dictator (Turkey comes to mind) he would pull their broadcasting license.

But he's president, not a dictator, and does not have sole authority to do so.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
How goddamn ridiculous has this country gotten where the president wants to run a commercial patting himself on the back for, essentially, doing pretty much everything he shouldn't be doing. On top of this, he loudly insults the very news agencies he wants to air this propaganda.

what the hell is going on? A sitting president holding rallies? The whitehouse making commercials trying to paint itself in a more positive light? Jesus, even Bush didn't do this crap.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
How goddamn ridiculous has this country gotten where the president wants to run a commercial patting himself on the back for, essentially, doing pretty much everything he shouldn't be doing. On top of this, he loudly insults the very news agencies he wants to air this propaganda.

what the hell is going on? A sitting president holding rallies? The whitehouse making commercials trying to paint itself in a more positive light? Jesus, even Bush didn't do this crap.

Trump is a clown. He has the depth of a baby pool, and the charisma of a freight train. He's self-absorbed beyond any semblance of "neurotypical."

He is mentally unwell.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I see no problem with this. They are independent entities who can choose to air what they please. The fact that the ad's contain slander against them is very good reason to refuse to air it.

But, of course, the Trumpets will come in and claim that the left is censoring blah blah blah and someone has already called for their media licenses to be taken. Very fascist of you I must say.

Well the FCC has a little rule that states DURING A ELECTION they HAVE to show the Ads Trump will make regardless of content.

BUT. As there are currently NO CONTENDERS to run against him they can refuse to show the ads. This might get the FCC to enact laws to force them to play official ads if they are offerred money to do so or it could be seen as discrimination due to political views. SOmething that is not legal.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You really want to force them to show ads that say something negative about them?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You really want to force them to show ads that say something negative about them?

If they are truly 1st amendment champions they should,but them not doing so Proves them to be hypocrites.

During the elections they will be forced to show the ads though.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

What does the 1st Amendment have to do with this?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: 727Sky

1st amendment re-written by Media: its now called "Freedom from speech" : Nothing else but "left side story" shall be aired.

Apparently you don't understand the First Amendment at all. The media doesn't have to broadcast Dear Leader's propaganda videos. It's called freedom of the press.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

1st amendment re-written by Media: its now called "Freedom from speech" : Nothing else but "left side story" shall be aired.

Apparently you don't understand the First Amendment at all. The media doesn't have to broadcast Dear Leader's propaganda videos. It's called freedom of the press.

And calling yourself a news network that only airs what it wants to air is fake news. They are fake news by definition. They are not obligated to cover anything and not obligated to tell the truth about anything, yet call themselves journalists.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: theantediluvian

And calling yourself a news network that only airs what it wants to air is fake news. They are fake news by definition. They are not obligated to cover anything and not obligated to tell the truth about anything, yet call themselves journalists.

Then Fox News and their "journalists" are fake.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

REMINDER
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
These broadcasting companies has bias in their political reporting. I stopped watching them. They can kiss my ass goodbye as a customer.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The TV Networks are in denial. They still believe that most Americans watch and respect them. Wrong. That started changing even before Donald Trump. He merely confirmed that NBC-CBS-ABC-CNN are anti-American domestic terrorists.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join