It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes GOP Health Bill.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

But states could get federal waivers freeing insurers from other Obama coverage requirements. With waivers, insurers could charge people with pre-existing illnesses far higher rates than healthy customers, boost prices for older consumers to whatever they wish and ignore the mandate that they cover specified services like pregnancy care.

Associated Press

Pretty much what people come to expect from Republicans.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Well that is how the insurance game is played.

High risk ALWAYS pay more than those with moderate to low.

Again STILL can't cry foul.

Since the entire insurance game works by those that AREN'T using it paying for those that ARE.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Trump has said there will be a press conference at the Rose Garden following the vote.

twitter.com...

onald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 31m31 minutes ago
If victorious, Republicans will be having a big press conference at the beautiful Rose Garden of the White House immediately after vote!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: GuidedKill
a reply to: FauxMulder
I was just about to post this....One hurdle down.

Indeed...a veritable landslide! So please explain why this will be a good thing for Americans.

I actually didn't take a stand either way good or bad...Just saying that it passed a hurdle is all.....
You obviously have a strong opinion so let's hear yours.
Forgive me, I interpreted 'one hurdle down' as approval from you. As to my opinion, I'm simply wondering how this new scheme will be an improvement on the last. Being Canadian, it's all crazy talk as far as I'm concerned.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If you are a 16 year old driver with multiple wrecks on your record and a heroin habit, then you should be charged the same car insurance as a 50 year old man who has never had an accident and only drives 3 miles a day to work.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trivialise it all you want. The facts remain that every expert says this will lead to millions losing insurance. And if this is anything like the previous iteration it will be hard for those people to get new insurance.

Funny how it seems like the one thing that got the GOP over the hump was getting rid of the one thing pretty much everyone liked about the ACA. The preexisting conditions clause. But hey, politicians aren't there to work for the people. They're there to work for their corporate overlords.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you are a 16 year old driver with multiple wrecks on your record and a heroin habit, then you should be charged the same car insurance as a 50 year old man who has never had an accident and only drives 3 miles a day to work.

Thank you for summing up the ACA so eloquently.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

My sources tell me that the media is going to be doing stories (starting today) about the billions of people dying now because of Trump.

If he signs this, the earth will be destroyed.

Dying....it will be more like already died.

BREAKING NEWS:Thousands instantly die today with the passing of Trump Care through the House....Trump directly at fault and special prosecutor has been assigned to get to the bottom of this and impeach President Trump...It should be noted that todays bill was directly supported by the Russians as an direct attack on the American Public...Unnamed sources produce a British intelligence report showing President Trumps collusion and his signature in urine stating his intention to over throw America from the beginning.....Now back to your scheduled Rachel Maddow Show....

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So then you have no problem with victims of sexism assault having to pay more for insurance? Because prior to the ACA that was considered a preexisting condition.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You're comparing the recklessness with the natural effects of aging... or the random bad luck of pre-existing conditions?

Republicans need to grow a heart and a brain.

All about money as usual.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So please explain why this will be a good thing for Americans.

I'll take an easy swing at this one: because it represents the GOP representative in Congress actually (and finally) doing something they all campaigned on, and were elected on; repealing the ACA. We all knew what we were voting for when we voted for them, and it's nice to see that bear some fruit.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
They punted it to the Senate, is all they've done. They were sick of it, didn't know what to do with it, so made it the Senate's problem. They will get it back shortly.

link   
Still has to get past the senate and I'm sure they will make some changes once they get their hands on it.

Overall, the direction this is going is one giant step backwards. Obviously, we've not learned anything and we view healthcare as a money issue, not a human issue.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'll take an easy swing at this one: because it represents the GOP representative in Congress actually (and finally) doing something they all campaigned on, and were elected on; repealing the ACA. We all knew what we were voting for when we voted for them, and it's nice to see that bear some fruit.

That's a non-answer. Try again. How is this a good thing for Americans?

link   

However, repeal and fix are not synonymous. Why is it good for Americans?

link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: DBCowboy

You have to pass it to find out lol.

Repealed Obamacare for one thing

No it doesn't. It only repeals much of the taxes around it. Obamacare is still a thing under this bill though. But the Republicans will pay for removing preexisting coverage language from the bill. That is one of the few Obamacare things that had bipartisan support. Just wait till they go home on recess next week RIGHT as the CBO releases its report saying how many people will lose coverage thanks to this bill. Republicans will be dodging Town Halls like no one's business.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Overall, the direction this is going is one giant step backwards.

That's not a bad thing when you're standing on the edge of a cliff.

link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

That's a non-answer. Try again. How is this a good thing for Americans?

People will longer be force to BUY a corporate product.

Free market/competition will be some what restored.
edit on 4-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Millions lost their coverage when Obamacare was enacted, but that was just collateral damage, right?

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
If this gets through I hope the GOP are ready to lose at least the Senate in 2018. The AHCA doesn't really do anything to solve the problems of the ACA while at the same time screwing over a number of people, especially the working class.

Well as of this passing it's going to cost them the House. I don't think the Senate is as stupid, but you never know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join