It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes GOP Health Bill.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, the plan was awesome. It kept us from bankruptcy several times for husbands care .

Now not only do we have the costs of the junk plan, but the costs of self pay at the doctors office and pharmacy (and that is $300 office visit every 3 months, and $200 /month for meds). And that is only for my husband... I can`t go get any care at all thanks to the costs. I more thing would be more than we could bear... hubby works 60 hours a week just to have enough in our budget to absorb the extra insurance and uncovered costs.

It matters to us a great deal.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you would rather we just sent uninsured to the hospital emergency rooms, default because they can't pay, forcing the hospital to shoulder the costs, then ultimately shutter their doors all to prevent cleaning this whole mess up with a simple single payer system?

I hope you realize that regardless of the system we implement YOU will be sharing the nation's health care costs.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mordekaiser
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Insurance is insanely useful, the problem is they don't work with competition, it just becomes 2 companies verses the people. Everytime. The question from there is who gets to own the single insurance company then? It's the most profitable industry in the world.

There are many ways to go about a Single Payer system. Look it up for yourself if interested. Here's some info:

Single-payer national health insurance, also known as “Medicare for all,” is a system in which a single public or quasi-public agency organizes health care financing, but the delivery of care remains largely in private hands. Under a single-payer system, all residents of the U.S. would be covered for all medically necessary services, including doctor, hospital, preventive, long-term care, mental health, reproductive health care, dental, vision, prescription drug and medical supply costs.

The program would be funded by the savings obtained from replacing today’s inefficient, profit-oriented, multiple insurance payers with a single streamlined, nonprofit, public payer, and by modest new taxes based on ability to pay. Premiums would disappear; 95 percent of all households would save money. Patients would no longer face financial barriers to care such as co-pays and deductibles, and would regain free choice of doctor and hospital. Doctors would regain autonomy over patient care.

www.pnhp.org...

Something like this is where it needs to go. Health Insurance companies have had their chance to prove themselves-- all they've proven is that they favor greed over human lives.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So please explain why this will be a good thing for Americans.

I'll take an easy swing at this one: because it represents the GOP representative in Congress actually (and finally) doing something they all campaigned on, and were elected on; repealing the ACA. We all knew what we were voting for when we voted for them, and it's nice to see that bear some fruit.

That's a non-answer. Try again. How is this a good thing for Americans?

Free market/competition will be some what restored.
How will that allow more Americans access to affordable health care?

At the moment very few have 'affordable' health care.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Aside from this:
"Premiums for the average American will absolutely go down"
every item in my post is fact, not opinion or speculation.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

Then you need to get a different plan, but I also said that Obamacare isn't perfect. I think it needs to be improved to help situations like yours. But repealing it is NOT going to help you. It's more likely you'll be worse off than ever before with just no insurance whatsoever.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

So please explain why this will be a good thing for Americans.

I'll take an easy swing at this one: because it represents the GOP representative in Congress actually (and finally) doing something they all campaigned on, and were elected on; repealing the ACA. We all knew what we were voting for when we voted for them, and it's nice to see that bear some fruit.

That's a non-answer. Try again. How is this a good thing for Americans?

Free market/competition will be some what restored.
How will that allow more Americans access to affordable health care?

At the moment very few have 'affordable' health care.

Define "very few" and "affordable" because I can afford my work offered health insurance just fine.

link   

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Aside from this:
"Premiums for the average American will absolutely go down"
every item in my post is fact, not opinion or speculation.
How 'bout them pesky deductibles?

link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
And so it begins...

Obamas march towards irrelevance!!

His impact is being completely erased...

As predicted [by me] Obama will be reduced to a parentheses in the history books.

I wish Trump would hold a press conference and spike an actual football...
Then drop an actual mic and walk off..

So long Obama legacy!!

-Chris

Wow, that sounds totally delusional.

link   
I guess, overall, we can all agree that this is a huge win for Trump. After all, 6 weeks ago it was a huge loss when the vote did not get to the floor.
edit on 4/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There's part of the problem right there, there's no room for "rationality" in the entirely emotional argument in favor of socialized medicine.

There sure isn't,

They see a corporate product as a collective right, and they don't give one crap about the individuals right or the civil liberty and their RIGHT to choose.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Kali74

a reply to: FauxMulder

If that means no more mandate, then I'll be happy.

That's really all they had to change.

I'll die without insurance.

You'll forgive me if I don't celebrate, right?

Yeah. It's okay. I'm sure there are plenty who might feel the impact. I certainly knew people who were impacted with the advent of Obamacare.

I still hope you recover soon.

I have no shot at recovery if I lose access to the medicine I need to take.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"Shopping" for insurance is a joke. The flaw in the system all together. None of the features of any insurance ever remain exclusive. And that only makes shopping options more narrow when it does, and chokes the consumers in the end.

If they were forced to conglomerate, no issue, as you instantly have the cheapest option and they can't veil their product that is very simple(You hold this money in case my thing breaks) with complicated details of consumerism.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'd say its a big step in the right direction for him, but not so much a win. This bill still has a VERY steep hurdle to clear in the Senate.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mordekaiser

"Shopping" for insurance is a joke. The flaw in the system all together. None of the features of any insurance ever remain exclusive. And that only makes shopping options more narrow when it does, and chokes the consumers in the end.

If they were forced to conglomerate, no issue, as you instantly have the cheapest option and they can't veil their product that is very simple(You hold this money in case my thing breaks) with complicated details of consumerism.

Sounds like a good argument for single payer to me.

link   

So you would rather we just sent uninsured to the hospital emergency rooms, default because they can't pay, forcing the hospital to shoulder the costs, then ultimately shutter their doors all to prevent cleaning this whole mess up with a simple single payer system?

It's not a problem I have ever had to deal with.

Since the age of 16 I had insurance.

Every single job I ever worked I had insurance.

It's never been a problem for me and WAIT FOR IT.

The majority of others.

Until it was a manufactured issue created by the left to create their dream world.

Their perfect little world. Dystopia.

link   
I sure hope no one in my family dies or goes bankrupt. That's the knee jerk reaction/sentence.

Logically, I think my family is fine, but I'm still not sure what the effects will be. Pre existing condition for my wife..can she be denied insurance which only comes into play if she get's laid off and has to get a job where the insurance won't cover her. That could be an issue.

link   

a reply to: FauxMulder

If that means no more mandate, then I'll be happy.

That's really all they had to change.

I'll die without insurance.

You'll forgive me if I don't celebrate, right?

Yeah. It's okay. I'm sure there are plenty who might feel the impact. I certainly knew people who were impacted with the advent of Obamacare.

I still hope you recover soon.

I have no shot at recovery if I lose access to the medicine I need to take.

What are the circumstances you have that means you will lose access to your medication?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I guess, overall, we can all agree that this is a huge win for Trump. After all, 6 weeks ago it was a huge loss when the vote did not get to the floor.

Yeah, it's not good for older Americans or pregnant Americans or Americans who have pre-existing conditions... but for Donald Trump, it is good--- and that's what's always been predicted right? Hiring a billionaire business man as President is only good for the country if you're looking for a leader who's top priority is himself.

Applaud trump and ignore the dying children...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

I'd say its a big step in the right direction for him, but not so much a win. This bill still has a VERY steep hurdle to clear in the Senate.

Agreed. Whilst only requiring 50 senators to agree on it, I think that is going to be complicated and any changes made might not be agreed by the lower chamber. We'll see.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join