It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of The Biggest Scams of The Century - Bottled Water

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

THAT'S why I drink COKE with sugar or whatever,it's a STRAIGHT forward HONEST death....and I won't LAST long enough for it to kill me.

edit on 3-5-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I agree it's a pretty big scam industry. Check where the water is bottled, some areas you'll find the source is rendered city water, not magical spring water as claimed( WalMart water for starters).

Apparently they are also used to help a corporation, Nestle-recall their current water problems such as an Oregon area telling them they are welcome to the water, to scam water out of the country and off to China.

“Plunging water levels are beyond anyone’s control,” says another expert, James Weakley. But in one of our most popular posts, last year we warned, “Lake Michigan water is being shipped by boat loads over to China! By using a little known loophole in the 2006 Great Lakes Compact, Obama minions a_javascript:news()re allowing Nestle Company to export precious fresh water out of Lake Michigan to the tune of an estimated $500,000 to $1.8 million per day profit.”

Source

There's the obvious shipping of water via water containers for sale due growing to polluted water sources.

About half of the water Nestle sells in China is delivered in five-gallon (18.9 liter) jugs. In Shanghai, Nestle has opened 12 water stores where customers can phone in orders. Tucked between a pharmacy and a beauty salon, a store in the affluent Lujiazui district sells 400 to 500 containers daily. On the busy street outside, workers stack about two -dozen bottles onto electric tricycles for delivery to homes and offices.

Source

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jimmycrackerson3
So I just don't drink anything except for beer. Works out just great.

Damn I was hoping I'd get to the end of the thread to see no references to that, so I could sneak it in.

Drink beer people, problem solvent.. I mean solved.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

THAT'S why I drink COKE with sugar or whatever,it's a STRAIGHT forward HONEST death....and I won't LAST long enough for it to kill me.

But it ruins a cup of coffee.

If I run it through a filter and remove all the coke, maybe it will be good. Who has time for that, tho..

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I know it's WAY too much sugar..HEH,heh.
My LUNGS will take me out...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
how is it a scam ?

you should know - its " just water "

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I think you headline is spot on, it is a big scam. But not for the reasons you have mentioned.
The real reason why its a scam is because of one company "Nestle"

they are buying our private water companies so they can eventually control the water supply. The CEO of Nestle made an announcement years ago that "he don't believe that water is a human right and should be regulated" to the point he was saying around 4litres of water a day per household. (you can find the video on youtube)

I have noticed a few companies that still trade as their own name, but when you look at the label at the back it says "Nestle Waters". off the top of my head they have done it with "Buxton Waters"

so yes its something that should be looked at for these reasons alone.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
it's been pretty obvious for a while. Don't even need point a,b,c,d,e etc to prove the case. Just look at the price, you can get soda cheaper than water or a gallon of water for $1.99 cents, or 1 16.9 oz for $99 or...24 16.9 oz for $2.50. The pricing is all over the place and seems to be more expensive the smaller the portion goes.

some may argue bulk is cheaper, which is true, but the price difference is insane.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
yeah these corrupt turds started raping us for our water back in the late 70s . i think it was 1978 they got using an empty tanker ship to pump water straight out of one of the great lakes and were politely told they could not legally do that and they had to dump all the water they harvested . so then they said ok we will just go pump it out of their ground. they pay ridiculously low fee. meanwhile the water getting pumped out our aquifers is being sold back to us for high dollar amounts or shipped overseas. multinationals need to be stopped bottling our water and shipping it elsewhere period. does france let nestles bottle up their water at such low prices and ship it elsewhere?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
What do you mean the right ph, would that not depend upon the source spring?

Define pure...

Sure.

It's worth really reading-up on as it is very important, I would have never known any of this if it wasn't for fresh water management courses.

Water with a ph of less that 7.35 is acidic compared to human blood. Typically, between 8.0 and 9.0 are ideal or 'healthy'
below 7.3 is 'unhealthy'.

Natural spring water (not all) usually registers ph 6.3-7.5+ (eg. Edwards Aquifer mean is near 7.3)

The ph level can (and often is) negatively change by the filtration process used. And most bottling companies use the cheapest methods available (distillation, reverse osmosis etc) Most bottled waters are acidic and many around 4.0-5.0...after the filtration processes...not to mention strip the end product of natural minerals or "dead water".

As a note: Some of the bottled waters contain 0.19-0.20mg of fluoride per liter, 1.0mg is considered poisonous.
Additionally, plastic bottled water is subject to leaching
Almost all bottled waters are positively charged (or oxidizing).

Best suggested (as far as I am aware is) water for Human consumption in ideally ph 8.0-9.0 (or at least above ph 7.35), with recommended amounts of magnesium and calcium, ionized (negatively charged).
No fluorides, chloride, chlorine, chloramine, Bromides, pollutants, metals etc...

'Dead Water", as mentioned above, devoid of minerals and electrolytes, positively charged (oxidizing) which is also 'acidic' (below ph7.3) can actually absorb minerals from your body/cells (such as calcium)...

I went into a long explanation on ph, but the reason it is important is a lot more lengthy than I have written above.

Worth a look

mg

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Coke kills you really fast. Actually.

It's bad for your teeth, your skin, your organs, your stomach AND your bowels.

It's literally radioactive green before they color it, and it dehydrates you more than it quenches your thirst.

It messes up your sleep patterns, ruins your metabolism and can even effect your brain.

It's crazy addictive too. I drink it all day

*rips smoke* we're just in the same boat I'd assume with that comment. But coke is what is killing most of the people that aren't smoking.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum
you aren't lying i went to dollar general to buy some gallons of water i am using bottled water right now because i am replacing some damaged pipes. so earlier in the week i got 4 1 gallon jugs for 4. 28 i went back yesterday and the gallons were all gone so i bought 5 1.5 litre bottles of the same brand cost me almost 4 daollars when i got home i realized i had just paid double what i paid the other day i had just bought 7.5 litres of water for 4 dollars or 4 dollars for 1.9 gallons.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
what got me was when they went after tom selleck for trucking warter from another state to his farm but didn't do squat to nestles who were pulling millions of gallons a day out of californian aquifers during drought restrictions with a permit that expired 20 years ago.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Bad city water? Have it tested and see where it stands. The smell could very well be coming from old pipes in your home. If the water really is that bad, test it, show it and complain. Most aren't.

Here's the problem with that, water testing standards don't care about off color, tastes, or smells of water. The tests are only focused on the safety of the water. That said, there's really no reason someone should be expected to drink water they find aesthetically unappealing or dislike the taste of if that person has the ability to obtain water they find acceptable for themselves. (i.e. purchase their own bottled water, buy a purifier, etc. using their own money.)

Me? I really don't drink straight tap water. I grew up on a private well and despise the taste of treated water. I have a filtration system in my home since I am on municipal water. Our water comes off the Eklutna glacier and isn't bad water at all until the Muni puts a lot of chlorine in it in the spring when our runoff is high. It tastes and smells like crap after they've done their juju to it. I've run it through a portable UV filtration can I have for hunting right out of Eklutna Lake and it tastes great... I also have a couple of springs not too far from me that we fill up 5 gallon jugs at. That water is from perched aquifers and is completely untreated water. It has a small amount of arsenic in it, same as the well water I grew up on, and comes out of the ground cold enough to make your hands hurt. Good stuff. If it wasn't for those springs, I'd be buying bottled water a lot more often than I do now.

Looks really beautiful, but aren't you worried that glacier-water might contain dinosaur farts?

What are folks' suggestions for the best quality of home water, for our families?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
When Sodium Fluoride is no longer added to the water supply - I will resume drinking water from a tap. My understanding is that there are companies who guarantee no Sodium Fluoride in their bottled water. This translates to being able to take legal action against them if you decide to have a bottle of their water tested.

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Bottled water isn't a scam. It's far healthier for you than most tap water where in America, you're subjected to fluoride, other chemical/pharmaceutical run off, never mind lead. And that's only here. Go drink the tap water in Mexico or China or India, then tell me there's no difference between that and bottled water.

As an aside, when I visit Bulgaria which I frequently do, my mother in law gets huge bottles of fresh mountain spring water, truly from the springs and that's the water I drink for 4-6 weeks. By about the 4th week my mind is always noticeably clearer. I experience this every trip. My skin looks clearer too.

That mountain spring water has no chemicals and no fluoride.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I think you are only half correct.

Almost half of the the bottled in the US is nothing more than cleaned-up tap water that comes from the cities/water utilities.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

We drink tap water at our house.
I admit to buying bottled water if we are traveling and the kids want a drink (they prefer water over other bottled drinks).

Honestly, that's disgusting.
You're not drinking "water". You're drinking a slurry of Neuro toxins and pharmaceuticals from other people's urine.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

It is a scam...read my previous post.

Bottled water does not. I repeat not have to meet standards municipal supplies do.

If so, correct me.

Mg o

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

It is a scam...read my previous post.

Bottled water does not. I repeat not have to meet standards municipal supplies do.

If so, correct me.

Mg o

Why do I find this then?

At the federal level, bottled water must comply with the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) (21 U.S.C. §§ 301 et seq.) and several parts of Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations. Section 410 of FFDCA requires that Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) bottled water regulations be as stringent and as protective of the public health as the EPA’s tap water standards.

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join