It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of The Biggest Scams of The Century - Bottled Water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
With so many people worried about the future of clean drinkable water, why are there no voices screaming about possibly the biggest scam of the century that's right there under our noses, yet no one really cares to do anything about it. The funny thing about it all is, this one is just too simple to prove.

Bottled Water:

- It's a 100 Billion Dollar Industry - link
- Costs as much as 300x and more than Tap Water - link
- Tastes no different than Tap Water - link
- Same nutritional value as Tap Water - link
- No more healthy for you than Tap Water- link
- HALF of all bottle water sold is TAP WATER - link
- Chemicals that the bottles are made from are more harmful for you than a ceramic or glass cup being filled with Tap Water - link - link
- It's less safe than Tap Water - link
- Up to 54 MILLION bbls of oil was used to make all of the bottled water made in 2007 alone. Imagine what it is today - link

Imagine all the pollution it takes to make one bottle of clean water - link - link - link

And here is the BIG one....

- It takes MORE water to make the bottled water. It takes 1.39 liters of water to make a 1 liter bottle of water. - link

But it's easy to carry around with you, right? It's convenient. It's always there when you want it....

Buying Bottled Water is Bah-yud, Mmm-Kay...
The US alone could hurt this industry if people stood up against it.

- Biggest consumers are right here in the good old United States -
link[/ url]
www.container-recycling.org...

[url=http://www.bottledwater.org/us-consumption-bottled-water-shows-continued-growth-increasing-62-percent-2012-sales-67-percent]link
www.bottledwater.org...
Time to boycott!

*Not sure why the last link continues to keep breaking the structure*
edit on 3-5-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun May 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

edit on Sun May 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

+23 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have to disagree that it tastes no different to tap water, it depends where you live, I'm sure those in flint would disagree.
I've seen cloudy looking water in my time come out of taps.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

We drink tap water at our house.
I admit to buying bottled water if we are traveling and the kids want a drink (they prefer water over other bottled drinks).

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Read the links provided. I literally JUST put this post up.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It is a good idea to drink water, and the bottled water is a convenience.

I usually get a reusable container, and fill at home. Many many people are much healthier for drinking water from these rip off sources. I have well water.
edit on 3-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
And you didn't even touch on Nestle.

I am currently fighting them in a small town here in MI, over them wanting to raise the amount they pump per minute for bottling, and thankfully, some on the town council agree with me.

I will not buy bottled water, but I am lucky enough to have my own well. Yep, the water is hard, but it's mine, and so far, not polluted.

+15 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Taste no different than tap water? where the f**k these people live?.......

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The truth is that the city water is compromised. They put fluoride and chlorine in the water because they love us so much and want us to have good teeth. You best bet is to get a water distiller, reverse osmosis filter, or buy bottled water without fluoride. That's evian, fiji and other where they bottle it at the source although fijan water supports a corrupt military junta that runs that county. You can buy gallons of distilled from the store or pharmacy or brands like smart water I trust to not be too poisonous.

That being said plastic bottles have getting bashed for releasing chemicals into the water. A lot them are similar to artificial estrogen. I'm not too keen on the trans-sexual movement, but I'd still rather get more in touch with my feminine side than to drink the nazi fluoride water, ha.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

AHHH Mecosta county made a deal with devil. Who could have guessed this guy would not give an f about local people?

Nestle CEO

Looking into the face of Love.
edit on 3-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It is a good idea to drink water, and the bottled water is convenience.

I usually get a reusable container, but many many people are much healthier for drinking water from these rip off sources. I have well water.

Water testing isn't that expensive.
I would urge people that have municipal water supplies to have it tested. Most, I think would be surprised to find out that it isn't full of contaminants.
If it has a taste that they don't like, invest in an activated charcoal filter. They are not too expensive, and not only do they make it taste better, they will absorb a number of contaminants.

link   
When I realized that Evian reads backwards as Naive....It was like a sign to say do not drink tap water for a pound per bottle

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Hi StallionDuck!

I agree with you but in my apartment building the kitchen tap water is white/cloudy not clear, smells like bleach/chlorine and contains enough lime to kill my kettle and coffee maker regularly.

However, I can buy a 24-case of water for $1.98...less than 10 cents/bottle meanwhile various stores, sporting events, restaurants etc. charge anywhere from $2-$5 for one bottle of the same brand. (this rip off does not escape my notice)

Conspiracy side? How can you make the most people sick without them noticing? In their water.
(food for thought, lol)
S&F
jacy

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

never understood why people buy it on a regular basics. i just fill some sort of jug from the tap, let it gas off a day and throw it in the ice chest take my yeti cup and off i go.

now there are times when more than my self and just one other are going to be where i'm at, i'll buy a 24 pack of smart water, but it doesn't take. most are still dumb as a bag of hammers.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have no issues with bottled water. The only scam to me is people who buy the "crap" water for the same price as spring sourced water.

I've had some bottled water that tasted horrible, it's usually because most of the time people don't even bother to check and just end up buying some crap that's from "municipal water source". That's just nothing but filtered city water. I'll stick with, and if I have to pay a dollar more, for spring water.

link   
At home we drink water from the tap, after it has been through a Brita jug.

When I am at the gym though, I don't trust the water fountain to not have contaminants from other mouths, so I buy a cheap bottle of supermarket water with a sports cap. Yes I know it is expensive, but I can't drag a water fountain around the gym.

link   
Oh for sure it's a scam but guess what we the people keep buying it and buying it. it's for convenience if anything. The only problem I have is that I wish I would have done it before anyone else.

It for sure does not taste the same as most tap waters. I live in the big city in IA and our tap water tastes good. When I have to travel to a small rural town that water tastes a lot different.

link   
a reply to: seasonal

I will say this... Other than convenience, perhaps it is the reason more people drinking water than soda now days. That's a hard maybe.

link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
And you didn't even touch on Nestle.

I am currently fighting them in a small town here in MI, over them wanting to raise the amount they pump per minute for bottling, and thankfully, some on the town council agree with me.

I will not buy bottled water, but I am lucky enough to have my own well. Yep, the water is hard, but it's mine, and so far, not polluted.

Sure I did
It's one of the links there. They're a bit part of the ones selling you tap water at a jacked up price.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
All you have to do is get a thirty dollar filter unit to put on your faucet to take out the chloride and chemistry that gives the water a lousy taste. Some refrigerators have filters built right in, but the filters cost about forty bucks to filter around two hundred gallons of water. Also the filter is sometimes hard to change in the fridge, so it doesn't get changed when it is supposed to.

Bottled water is not that good for a person, the plastic actually emits endocrine disruptor chemistry. If I lived in town I would put a filter that filters the kitchen sink water, they have the one that fits into a different hole on the sink. The unit that filters is either under the sink or in the basement and it is not that hard to change.

City chlorinated and fluoridated water is sometimes not good for you, it depends on the water they are treating though. Some water is nice and pure to start with and they do not need to add much chlorine. The fluoride treatment in my opinion is the worst thing they ever did to water. Teeth my ass, the addition of fluoride to drinking water is not a wise choice of getting fluoride into the diet. I see fluoride in many medicines and note the side effects of those meds, especially if you take the meds along with fluoridated water.

Bottled water being a healthy alternative is a scam. It is better than drinking sugary beverages, but not healthy at all. Drinking too much water can lead to electrolyte deficiencies too.

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Hi StallionDuck!

I agree with you but in my apartment building the kitchen tap water is white/cloudy not clear, smells like bleach/chlorine and contains enough lime to kill my kettle and coffee maker regularly.

However, I can buy a 24-case of water for $1.98...less than 10 cents/bottle meanwhile various stores, sporting events, restaurants etc. charge anywhere from $2-$5 for one bottle of the same brand. (this rip off does not escape my notice)

Conspiracy side? How can you make the most people sick without them noticing? In their water.
(food for thought, lol)
S&F
jacy

I do understand but...

The cloudy is likely air.

The chlorine smell does go away quickly. Set a pitcher in the fridge. The chlorine does not stay in the water either. It eventually turns to good minerals (salt). Like one of the responders said, he lets his "air out". I also notice this smell in my water but after a couple minutes it goes away. I only notice it if I'm drinking a cup I only just filled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join