It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of The Biggest Scams of The Century - Bottled Water

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: seasonal

I will say this... Other than convenience, perhaps it is the reason more people drinking water than soda now days. That's a hard maybe.

You have to remember, although I complain about bottle water being bad for endocrine disrupting, soda is also in plastic bottles and lined cans and the same chemicals exist there.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112
The truth is that the city water is compromised. They put fluoride and chlorine in the water because they love us so much and want us to have good teeth. You best bet is to get a water distiller, reverse osmosis filter, or buy bottled water without fluoride. That's evian, fiji and other where they bottle it at the source although fijan water supports a corrupt military junta that runs that county. You can buy gallons of distilled from the store or pharmacy or brands like smart water I trust to not be too poisonous.

That being said plastic bottles have getting bashed for releasing chemicals into the water. A lot them are similar to artificial estrogen. I'm not too keen on the trans-sexual movement, but I'd still rather get more in touch with my feminine side than to drink the nazi fluoride water, ha.

Fiji is decent water, I really only buy that at gas stations because it's either that or one of the coke/pepsi municipal filtered brands.

I buy chippewa water, 24 packs of 16oz bottles is usually on sale for 3.99 or 4.99, reasonable price for decent spring source water.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Thank you for replying, I will try that.
The bathroom sink tap cold water isn't cloudy or bleachy smelling, so I've been using that instead.

Ironically there are a team of workers in my building this morning, flushing the water lines.

jacy

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Well there are only so many things people can drink.

So if soda sales are down-the people are drinking something else or there are soda streams for home now too.

I can't wait til the next research org needs more grant money. Then we will get the "truth" about a ground breaking study they have done.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I buy the 3 gallon jugs, because my well water isn't good for consumption, but I agree about those little bottles. People pay a lot for convenience.....

I was wondering earlier today about why don't we have many many more desalination plants all around so we don't run out of the fresh stuff?
There's people in drought conditions that are dying...and they say the oceans are rising. Maybe they wouldn't rise if we were desalinating it, and then there's also sea salt....

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

De-sals are expensive (for now0). But Nano tech is supposed to solve this and every other problem the human race has.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I guess I am surprised and disappointment by some of the responses here.

This isn't just about what a rip off buying bottled water is. (which it is)
Or even the leaching of the chemicals from the bottle into the water (which it is)
What about the very water itself? Do you believe these aquifers that they are pumping from are endless? What about the homes that have wells around the area they are pumping? What about California, under drought conditions, and they are still pumping?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Bottled water has always been a scam. Most refrigerators these days come with water filtration. I am putting a 400 ft well in at my house and will have it filtered through a new tech that is cheap.

Nclear

If I had endless money I could actually use this tech to completely recycle every bit of water that came into my household and have a storage tank buried.

Ultimately I believe that is the way to go really....have tech advanced and inexpensive enough to recycle all water used for a household. Make it part of the build process and be able to accurately gauge the amount of water used, put a large enough tank in and have the filtration fully cycle every week or so and never run out. Basically a small water treatment facility built into each home.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The amount of drugs I, alone, piss back into my city's water supply, I wouldn't drink it either.

Have a well, but I'm 1/4 mile away from a pig farm. Who knows what kind of waste, blood, parasites etc, seep into my water. So I don't trust that.

So I just don't drink anything except for beer. Works out just great.
edit on 3-5-2017 by Jimmycrackerson3 because: Because moderators are nancy censorship.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Hey girl! I think right now we are all just relating our personal experiences.

I cannot grasp how in this day and age, that so many human beings are denied clean/safe drinking water.

(But I'm also in the midst of a battle with doctors regarding my daughter's health, so I'm choosing my battles for now!)
jacy

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
I have to disagree that it tastes no different to tap water, it depends where you live, I'm sure those in flint would disagree.
I've seen cloudy looking water in my time come out of taps.

Agreed!

I live in Phoenix and the tap water here tastes horrible! I am happy to spend a few dollars for a case of bottled water. I don't think it is more healthy for you but it tastes better.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

This isn't just about what a rip off buying bottled water is. (which it is)
Or even the leaching of the chemicals from the bottle into the water (which it is)
What about the very water itself? Do you believe these aquifers that they are pumping from are endless? What about the homes that have wells around the area they are pumping? What about California, under drought conditions, and they are still pumping?

On a global scale, clean water is an issue. Dysentery from drinking dirty water is one of the leading causes of death globally for children. In general, I believe the numbers are over 1 million per year.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

LOL I know I get a little heated on this issue. It just happened to fall into my lap one day, and got personal. I don't mean any offense. Some just seem rather blase about it.
I don't expect everyone to be as crazy about it as I am.

Half would be nice. LOL

And of COURSE your families health issues MUST come first!!!! (And I hope that gets straightened out, quick and easy)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
They are screwed, why should a company like Nestle who pays $300 yes 300 dollars for millions of gals of water give a crap about the small potatoes of citizens and their stupid wells?

What about the homes that have wells around the area they are pumping? What about California, under drought conditions, and they are still pumping?
a reply to: chiefsmom

edit on 3-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

What about California, under drought conditions, and they are still pumping?

i guess you haven't heard, California's drought is over for the time being and the there is so much water that the reservoir are overflowing and damns breaking.

Less than a year ago, Lake Oroville was a vivid symbol of the state’s prolonged drought. Aerial images showed a landscape of spider-webbed mudflats and desiccated tributaries as the reservoir fell to levels not seen in almost forty years. Starting in January, though, the lake rapidly filled to capacity. To prevent the water from breaching the dam, engineers began discharging it at a rate of 2.7 billion gallons per hour—about the same flow as at Niagara Falls. The frothing cascade, with its countless bubbles acting as tiny jackhammers, hollowed out a cavernous pit in the concrete spillway. The engineers diverted the flow to an earthen emergency spillway, but the torrent rapidly chewed away at that, too. With the integrity of the dam under threat, close to two hundred thousand local residents were evacuated. (A total failure of the structure, according to one water manager, would have sent a thirty-foot wave tearing through communities downstream.)
California’s Drought May Be Over, But Its Water Troubles Aren’t

oh and most of the water in California comes from Colorado River Aqueduct and rainwater.

Groundwater is a critical resourceis also an important part of the state’s water supplies, comprising about 40% of water used in an average year, and 60% or more in a drought year. But groundwater is very much location dependent: some communities have no groundwater and rely solely on surface water while other communities may have only groundwater; other communities rely on a mix of imported water and groundwater, and even some rely solely on imported water.
California’s Water Systems

edit on 3-5-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
I have to disagree that it tastes no different to tap water, it depends where you live, I'm sure those in flint would disagree.
I've seen cloudy looking water in my time come out of taps.

I would say it tastes no different than well water. Tap water from a city is so full of fluoride and dissolved medicines and how knows how much other stuff.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Oh, well, I guess that makes it ok then.
Party on Nestle.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There is a difference between bottled water and bottled MINERAL water. Drinking big amounts of regular water is a very good and fast way to wash your body out of all important minerals such as magnesium. I'm not touching water with less then 1500mg of minerals per 1 litre. Average spring bottled water contains usually around 500mg. I'd rather have a tea.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I don't drink tap water, I don't like it where I live, so my only other choice for water is bottled water which is better alternative than cordials or fizzy drinks so I wouldn't call it a scam if it gets me drinking water I wouldn't otherwise drink

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The only bottled water I buy is mineral water since I like to serve that at dinner parties, otherwise I drink tap water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join