It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is going on in Mosquito Lake Alaska?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow, looks like a shotgun hit that area. They are all spread out and it doesn't seem to have much of a pattern. I would guess impending volcanic activity or something. Maybe there is going to be a big quake there too.

Interesting.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hopefully those 6-pointers were the big ones, and everything else is just little rumbles. But I have to say, looking at the list of EQs in that area, it really reminds me of this video from 2011...

Stay safe everyone.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I wonder if there have been any changes in the Molten iron river discovered speeding beneath Russia and Canada Back then it had trebled in speed back on December 2016.

Notice in the picture below that the jet passes through Alaska, among other places. (the molten jet does not passes under Japan, although boundary plates will be affected by the molten jet increase in speed)

edit on 1-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

edit on 1-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

BTW, italy has also been having a lot of earthquakes. 65,500 in 9 months since 24 August 2016.

Alle ore 15 di oggi (28 aprile) il numero di eventi della sequenza sismica in Italia centrale ha superato i 65.500 dal 24 agosto 2016. Negli ultimi giorni in media vengono localizzati tra i 100 e 150 eventi giornalieri, pochi di questi hanno magnitudo uguale o maggiore di 2.

ingvterremoti.wordpress.com...

Translation: "The number of events in seismic sequence in central Italy has surpassed 65,500 since August 24, 2016."

edit on 1-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Do you know if there's a thread on ATS about this?

If you start one would you let me know. I'm going to go to your link now but I want to keep digging - it sounds incredible fascinating.

Thanks much for the link.

peace

edit on 2641Monday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Actually I did start a thread about earthquake activity increasing in Italy using older information from that website I posted.

Let me see if I can find it.

Here it is.

Number of Earthquakes in Central Italy Since Large August 24th 2016 Earthquake has excedeed 48,200

edit on 1-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment and link.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Always something to be concerned about.

Back in 1958 there was a 1700 foot Tsunami that rolled into a remote part of Alaska, today it's not so remote.

Let's put this into perspective 1700 foot this wave would almost cover the worlds tallest sky scraper.

geology.com...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I read somewhere they were starting HAARP back up.

The only time I have ever seen quakes like that was HAARP.

Just a guess...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I cant lie, since moving to downtown Seattle (a little over a year ago) I can't help but worry about that looming/potential major EQ that's overdue for this whole region. Once the Cascadia Subduction Zone wakes back up, lets hope its in a remote area with minimal damage.. I hope Alaska isn't waking up.. wouldn't want to see any chain events of sorts..

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

That video still gives me serious chills every damn time I see it, 1:12 in....

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: HollywoodFarmGirl
So I scrolled around, looking for more info on this particular tectonic region. Am I correct in presuming we're talking about an event around the triple-junction area known as The Queen Charlotte triple junction? Described as such:

"[snip]....geologic triple junction where three tectonic plates meet: the Pacific Plate, the North American Plate, and the Explorer Plate. The three plate boundaries which intersect here are the Queen Charlotte Fault, the northern Cascadia subduction zone, and the Explorer Ridge...."

Another interesting tidbit:
"The Explorer plate is a small chunk of the Juan de Fuca plate that broke away from the Juan de Fuca Plate about 3.5 Ma and has moved much slower with respect to North America."

That made this SoCal Gal sit up and shriek, "JUAN DE FUCA SAY WHU?!?" Oh. Yeah. I'll be concerned about this Alaskan EQ swarm now.

So I went to some maps. Lots of maps. Compared maps and more maps. Let's talk about the North American Plate, shall we? Talk amongst yourselves while I copy/paste this:

"The westerly boundary is the Queen Charlotte Fault running offshore along the coast of Alaska and the Cascadia subduction zone to the north, the San Andreas Fault through California, the East Pacific Rise in the Gulf of California, and the Middle America Trench to the south."

SAY. WHAT?! I've heard a couple terms I DON'T want to hear in the same breath: Juan de Fuca and San Andreas. How have I managed to manipulate this Alaskan EQ into MY PROBLEM?? (Right? That's what I asked myself, anyway.) Here's this:

I think in pictures, and I learn by visualizing. I keep seeing a Zipper thing in my mind-- what is that? If I turn this info that I am reading into a math problem like 2+2=..... It certainly seems like my area of the plate is going to start shakin' rattlin' and rollin'.

Peace and Love.

Also- I am going to be perusing every boobtube channel I can find, with regards to this latest development. (Learning about EQs on my own takes much more time, now that Muzzy is .....muzzled....) Second parentheses remembered.

I really enjoy your writing style, and detail in this post.

Good work farmgirl!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
LOOK on the other side of earth!!!
after the second lvl 6 No more EQ at ALL. 3 1/2 days?
thats half of earth gone quiet. why and what next?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: HollywoodFarmGirl

Good find! Hope for the best, expect the worst. We've had it coming for a long time..

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: HollywoodFarmGirl

Is this what you mean?
Quake Thread

They are still on the job.

Yes!! Thank you so much for the Linky-loo.

Much Love.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Just in case you missed this post - it seems there's something to be said about this theory!

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

I wonder if there have been any changes in the Molten iron river discovered speeding beneath Russia and Canada Back then it had trebled in speed back on December 2016.

Notice in the picture below that the jet passes through Alaska, among other places. (the molten jet does not passes under Japan, although boundary plates will be affected by the molten jet increase in speed)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Checking RSOE we're looking at some 4.1's but mostly in the 2's.

There are a number of aftershocks but nothing like yesterday.

Keeping a watch...

peace

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

They said it was the Denali plate. So no wonder it is shaking still.

That one is huge! Goes from the Alaska range south through the Denali National Park then east towards Canada.

The 2002 EQ in the park was 7.9 M. It cracked roads, moved the Trans Alaska Oil Pipeline (it is designed to move and can slide on its base a number of feet either direction), and went on for 30 minutes.

Wikipedia: Denali Fault.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just a bunch of Alien Greys & Human Underground Engineers

making some Bases, prepping up for World War III

yeah must be getting in to some Hard mantle Ruts
so they have to do some implosions !!

what else is New!

next youll be hearing some weird Noises in the Sky next.
just like in Anchorage 800 miles away

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I suppose I have to fess up and say you're reasons for freaking a bit are also mine.

I moved back to the States recently and yeah, this area (Seattle) could be impossibly screwed impossibly soon.

peace

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I checked RSOE a few ago after reading your post and not only is Mosquito Lake suffering the after shocks (some in the 4. and up range) - but the Denali is too!

Thanks for adding the info about Denali.

peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join