It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is going on in Mosquito Lake Alaska?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Check RSOE - for the last three hours (Edit to add: Since around 4 this morning) Mosquito Lake Alaska has been just a rockin' and a rollin'!

I stopped counting at 60 EQ's - many of them 3.0 and up and more than enough of them into the 6.+ range!

What the heck? It's like it's just not going to stop until it breaks into so many pieces!

Anyone on ATS live up there?

I've been scouring the news and no info yet.

WAIT = Just found some!

Alaska and Canada Hit With Earthquake

Magnitude-6.3 aftershock strikes north of Juneau after 6.2 quake

JUNEAU, Alaska - The U.S. Geological Survey says a magnitude-6.3 aftershock has shaken the corner of British Columbia, near the boundary with Alaska, nearly two hours after a magnitude-6.2 earthquake hit the same area. Geophysicist Amy Vaughan says it's not completely uncommon for an aftershock to be larger than the triggering quake, though normally the following quakes are smaller. She says there's been a series of other aftershocks ranging from magnitudes 2 to 5.

peace
edit on 1929Monday201713 by silo13 because: added a little more info

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Earthquakes rattle Alaska, British Columbia

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — The U.S. Geological Survey says a magnitude-6.3 aftershock has shaken the corner of British Columbia, near the boundary with Alaska, nearly two hours after a magnitude-6.2 earthquake hit the same area.

What I'm not seeing covered is the absolutel multitude of these - like I said I stopped counting there were so many.

peace

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Well this gets a wow!

I'm in So cal and will be watching this thread and I gotta get the news on
right now. Thank you Si for posting.

"We'll be back after these messages"
edit on Rpm50117v23201700000015 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

It's unreal - barely minutes, sometimes not between the shakes.

I've never seen anything like it - only meaning - I'd love to hear from someone who does know how this works.

And it's continuing.

Thanks Randyvs -

peace

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Could it be fracking activities or some sort of man-made industrial operation?

Interesting find - will be following.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

KOMO states the area is 'highly seismic' but still - this is just an insane amount of EQ's.

I went back to RSOE to look and they're ongoing - no signs of letting up.

peace

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The Northern Hemisphere is heating up . Normal occurrence . Will continue throughout the Summer months
May want to check in Italy and Greece's direction as well....

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Earthquake? Is this a trick question?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm only posting here because it'll take me awhile to find Ye Olde Posts:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Not sure what's going on...but....seems like something going on. (I apologize for my lack of professional education with which I might educate you....but....there used to be this guy, Muzzy..... He used to do that for us. And the Niagara Falls guy....)

And so we march on....unedumacated, successfully Muzzled....staring agape at Mother Earth's magic. What would Muzzy say?

Probably something along the lines of "Got yer bug-out bag ready, kids?"

edit on 1-5-2017 by HollywoodFarmGirl because: (I always forget that last parentheses-- I must remember they come as a set, and count 2 before I hit post.) extra DIV

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Mosquito Lake is pretty remote.

I saw that they had three 6.2 earthquakes early this morning. Here in Anchortown, not much happening.

I don't believe they are doing any fracking out there either. Most drilling is centered in South Central (Kenai Inlet). AK is part of the Ring of Fire, and pretty active. Now if that volcano starts kicking up ash on the other side of Alaska... well, we are smack dab in the middle! There are two active volcanos south. We had 7.3 (??) that was good shaker a couple years back. But considering this South East... seems about right. It started north with the Denali quake, Aleutian volcano, Anchorage, Kenai, this is just last part that needs to settle in before the whole thing builds back up!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This guys theory is pretty credible.

There was a river that reversed direction in the area and it was found to have been caused by a glacier melting.
The resulting weight distribution from the melting glacier caused these quakes to occur.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HollywoodFarmGirl

Is this what you mean?
Quake Thread

They are still on the job.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wow, 7 of them 6.2 and higher, with the 7th happening in the last 20 minutes or so. Let's hope that's as big as they get.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So I scrolled around, looking for more info on this particular tectonic region. Am I correct in presuming we're talking about an event around the triple-junction area known as The Queen Charlotte triple junction? Described as such:

"[snip]....geologic triple junction where three tectonic plates meet: the Pacific Plate, the North American Plate, and the Explorer Plate. The three plate boundaries which intersect here are the Queen Charlotte Fault, the northern Cascadia subduction zone, and the Explorer Ridge...."

Another interesting tidbit:
"The Explorer plate is a small chunk of the Juan de Fuca plate that broke away from the Juan de Fuca Plate about 3.5 Ma and has moved much slower with respect to North America."

That made this SoCal Gal sit up and shriek, "JUAN DE FUCA SAY WHU?!?" Oh. Yeah. I'll be concerned about this Alaskan EQ swarm now.

So I went to some maps. Lots of maps. Compared maps and more maps. Let's talk about the North American Plate, shall we? Talk amongst yourselves while I copy/paste this:

"The westerly boundary is the Queen Charlotte Fault running offshore along the coast of Alaska and the Cascadia subduction zone to the north, the San Andreas Fault through California, the East Pacific Rise in the Gulf of California, and the Middle America Trench to the south."

SAY. WHAT?! I've heard a couple terms I DON'T want to hear in the same breath: Juan de Fuca and San Andreas. How have I managed to manipulate this Alaskan EQ into MY PROBLEM?? (Right? That's what I asked myself, anyway.) Here's this:

I think in pictures, and I learn by visualizing. I keep seeing a Zipper thing in my mind-- what is that? If I turn this info that I am reading into a math problem like 2+2=..... It certainly seems like my area of the plate is going to start shakin' rattlin' and rollin'.

Peace and Love.

Also- I am going to be perusing every boobtube channel I can find, with regards to this latest development. (Learning about EQs on my own takes much more time, now that Muzzy is .....muzzled....) Second parentheses remembered.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HollywoodFarmGirl

"The westerly boundary is the Queen Charlotte Fault running offshore along the coast of Alaska and the Cascadia subduction zone to the north, the San Andreas Fault through California, the East Pacific Rise in the Gulf of California, and the Middle America Trench to the south."

Wow!! I figured they might be close but "boundaries"? The one to be real concerned about is the Cascadia Subduction Zone. That goes off shore from northern Cali and the coast of Oregon until it dips under the main Pacific plate. That region has not done anything for years. If that goes, tsunami, even more pressure on the San Andreas, and probably lateral shattering of other faults.

Does anybody remember the southern San Andreas having a EQ swarm a few month ago?? They will always say that "the events are not related," now I start questioning the wisdom of such thinking.

Documented EQ swarms at both ends??

LATimes.com, Oct. 1, 2016 - Risk of big earthquake on San Andreas fault rises after quake swarm at Salton Sea.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

WOW - now that's cool!

Thank you - I've got to go research this out some more.

Appreciation from my corner to yours.

peace

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HollywoodFarmGirl
Fabulous!

Please keep us in the loop of what you find.

Like the guy said, 'Be brave, be strong, be wise, be ready!'

peace

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Underground base constructions to counter the Russian base?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

This guys theory is pretty credible.

There was a river that reversed direction in the area and it was found to have been caused by a glacier melting.
The resulting weight distribution from the melting glacier caused these quakes to occur.

Well, that could just be, melting glaciers have been doing this for thousands of years, the isostatic rebound is prevalent in the northern hemisphere as the weight of the ice lessens, eventually the ground rises there, while in the south the isostatic depression works to make the ground sink, as is perhaps happening in the GOM. St Louis' Mayor was recently talking about rising sea levels there while it's more than likely that it is the land that is sinking.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Dutchsince's latest video, he explains how this should effect the US. If your interested.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join