It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damned if we do, Damned if we do not. The Korean Situation.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic

originally posted by: luthier

a reply to: luthier

Well,

The CIA has a heartattack gun...

When they start saying " nothing is off the table" it includes assassination.

Personally I am hoping it's some kind of space laser that erases him off his podium the next time he says he is going to attack the US.

It would probably also sit China and Russia down.

I have to admit, that made me actually laugh. Live footage of the angry child at his podium having a temper tantrum, and BZZZTTT

meanwhile, in the kremlin, the sound of a collective pants sh*ing can be heard/smelt

China makes moves to prop up the USD

It's actually turned into a lifelong dream of mine. To think Donald Trump could become my hero is a strange thought but, I am open to new ideas.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Iconic

Again,..was Dennis an asset or an idiot. We surely wouldn't know.

That reminds me of when Pamela Anderson brought food to Assange, there were talks of the CIA using well known actors and actresses as tools or assets in their operations...Something about how it had been ousted they've done it before?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It's a nasty situation. It's unlikely that a surgical strike could be accomplished taking out just the hardliners, but assassination generally leads to opening the door for the same kind of payback. The best bet would have been to smuggle a small nuclear device into the NK 10 years ago and just let it sit. Then get the hardliners all in one place at one time through some excuse or crisis and in close proximity to the device. Underground tunneling comes to mind. Or, space based laser technology has come a long way, 100 megawatts of ultraviolet laser would make short work cooking the fat boy. One could also set up a 3 or 5 antenna system and produce cumulative microwave energy, summing the energy in a specific location, of course the effects would cover a larger area of about a spherical mile, but it would cook everything in an area of around 200 yards. Kind of like a microwave oven on cracked, only problem again is the potential for civilian casualties. Either those or drop a Moab from space. You want to limit civilian casualties as much as possible. One of the secondary issues however, is that the power vacuum would leave north Korea subject to a possibly worse dick-tator.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Oh I agree. He has to go.

I think the plan is always embed assets. Try and make a coup or uprising rather than invasion.

there has got to be existing ways of Smuggling into NK the stuff that the NK Elites allow themselves to indulge in

stuff & ways that are unknown by even the despot dictator or his loyal guard

eventually the Red Cross and UN humanitarian aid can be distributed to the masses...
food deliveries, are parachuted to resource distribution centers near the cities congested with under fed/ mal nourished NK's
(a 21st century version of the Berlin Airlift program)

invasion with conflict is not the answer... get the Peasants to Revolt...maybe aided by western Seal Team 6's galore doing death squad hit-&-runs on the dictators inner circle of security & loyalists

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Exactly! Maybe she has some tax problems or really bad internet footage being held against her.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Convince him to get a flu-shot?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Assassination would likely be carried out by China.
The US and Seoul is probably okay with NK becoming part of China...as opposed to keeping Lil Kimmie in power.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

It's a nasty situation. It's unlikely that a surgical strike could be accomplished taking out just the hardliners, but assassination generally leads to opening the door for the same kind of payback. The best bet would have been to smuggle a small nuclear device into the NK 10 years ago and just let it sit. Then get the hardliners all in one place at one time through some excuse or crisis and in close proximity to the device. Underground tunneling comes to mind. Or, space based laser technology has come a long way, 100 megawatts of ultraviolet laser would make short work cooking the fat boy. One could also set up a 3 or 5 antenna system and produce cumulative microwave energy, summing the energy in a specific location, of course the effects would cover a larger area of about a spherical mile, but it would cook everything in an area of around 200 yards. Kind of like a microwave oven on cracked, only problem again is the potential for civilian casualties. Either those or drop a Moab from space. You want to limit civilian casualties as much as possible. One of the secondary issues however, is that the power vacuum would leave north Korea subject to a possibly worse dick-tator.

Cheers - Dave

This is the crux for sure.

China annex is almost a better solution,...though brokering a deal where China only gets a few ports and south and north are combined is probably the goal in all honesty. We know China has to be thrown a bone and they have to help control the transition on their end.

Besides they are barely communist at this point.

edit on 25-4-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I would agree with the masses rising,

but they are too impoverished. They have no training, no arms, and absolutely no strength. They are effectively shells of people.

Now, getting a military coup could work...which can go many different ways (Valentine Strasser/sierra leone)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

By Pamela Anderson in her baywatch outfit...probably a valid plan.

He probably grew up with her and Dennis Rodman.
edit on 25-4-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Not damned. Who cares about North Korea. It has NOTHING to do with my life.

It will, my friend. I guarantee that.

Your delusions are fear based. North Korea is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned. Un is not going to fire any missiles because of Mutually Assured Destruction. MAD has worked for 40 years. It will continue to work now. Every time we need to justify our out of control military spending we find out about some mad man who has to be disposed or else. I'm sick of the fear mongering and war mongering. You are not my friend.

So, has your foolproof MAD worked for the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of koreans starved to death to perfect the nuclear warhead?

I don't care. America first!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

My point obviously, sadly, soared way over your head.

The point was, and I stress it now,

If so many North Koreans were killed to further the development of X,

What is the probability that X is used?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I say the smart move would be to negotiate with China. We might be able to work out a mutually beneficial deal where they can do with North Korea what they want (annexation/puppet state/seek improved relations with the south and allow reunification/etc) and in exchange they give up their claims in the South China Sea.

It gets rid of two volatile situations at the same time.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The coup is a cover to create instability there would most likely be a north and south annex by China and the US very quickly. Hopefully they have already agreed to it.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Too bad we couldn't just leave it be. I'm not a big advocate for war, let me reassure all of you.

I just honestly think, back to the original point in the OP,

The longer we wait, the worse it is going to become when Kim finally does something

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Realistically, the only thing that NK can do from here is prepare to fail. Their rockets are not only prone to failure, but are so low tech that everyone knows the moment they launch one, where it is, where it is headed, how fast it is going, and so on.

Its not like some of the advanced stuff that developed nations are fiddling about with, like stealth missiles and such. Put simply, I would be very surprised if anything they ever fire from an ICBM point of view, is ever permitted to hit is target, and if it is, it will only be in order to allow others to appear justified in mauling the nation, regardless of the threat to innocent life that would represent.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Have non of you ever learnt the lesson of taking out figureheads. Think of Libya, Iraq or even Egypt. Take out the one figurehead and get multiple nutjobs in their place.
It makes no difference what you want, everybody HAS to wait for the fat boy to draw first blood. Even if that means an awful lot of people being killed. Yes you can evacuate Seoul, but where would you put all the people that the NK would just re-aim their missile to hit the evacuees.
Just wait, there are positive feelings coming from China that they don't like the fat boys tactics so if ANY operation needs doing on NK let the Chinese handle it.
But when it comes down to the bottom line everybody MUST wait for him to strike first and I don't mean provoke him into it. Keep away and let him stew because no matter how many nuclear weapons he has if there is no act of provocation and he strikes the whole world including China and Russia would help to destroy him. But he has to strike first.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yeah baby, thimersol, that's the cure lol. I expect the fat boy is already autistic to some extent, could it be worse? Maybe feed him zombie fed beef, like the pigs in the walking dead lol. On a serious note, China really has to take care of this little turd, not at the behest of the US government, but because it is the honourable thing to do, since the pants-crapper is out of control. We can imagine and speculate all we want, but in order to make this problem go away, China needs to take point.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/25.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yes, the times it didn't work out are easily visible. Because the few times it doesn't work are the times that stick out. Changing leadership is inherently the biggest way to change the course of a nation. Just not in the same way as say, Iraq, where we put into power a man who essentially fired everyone in the military and the government, and had those people with arms and training effectively out of work, and on the street, meanwhile untrained, idiots in charge of a country..

That's essentially why I brought up Valentine, who lead a coup in Sierra Leone, after Executive Outcomes (first wave blackwater type group) went in and laid waste. He was overthrown peacefully in 1996 by some people that were under him, and Sierra Leone is arguably better off (if only slightly) than it was before any of that happened.

Poor example, but it goes to show that Iraq was a quagmire, with alot of things not thought about (like religious sects, which we wouldnt have to worry about with the DPRK, as religion is largely banned)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Now hold your horses Iconic.

Let me tell you something. Every time the west gets involved with regime change, it works out badly. Do you know why? Because every time we do it, the event either involves assassinating a leader, or worse, making war then assassinating a leader. And every time we do it, we make enemies, and every time we make those, it makes it more likely that at some stage down the line, there is going to be yet another enemy come forward, to strike at our weak points or remain a thorn in the side of the world.

This is not a wise move. The west simply has no business meddling in the situation. Leave the Chinese to attract the ire of their neighbours, but stay out of it, that would be my preference. That would not, after all, stop all anti-missile defences from being on high alert, just in case, but would also keep the hands of the western, capitalist nations clean...er, something they could benefit from, since they are still coated in the stains of profit war after resource conflict, and have not been washed clean by either time nor regret.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join