It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damned if we do, Damned if we do not. The Korean Situation.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Iconic

Not damned. Who cares about North Korea. It has NOTHING to do with my life.

It will, my friend. I guarantee that.

Your delusions are fear based. North Korea is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned. Un is not going to fire any missiles because of Mutually Assured Destruction. MAD has worked for 40 years. It will continue to work now. Every time we need to justify our out of control military spending we find out about some mad man who has to be disposed or else. I'm sick of the fear mongering and war mongering. You are not my friend.

So, has your foolproof MAD worked for the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of koreans starved to death to perfect the nuclear warhead?

I don't care. America first!

This is about "America first".

NK has been threatening the US for years, and now they have the ability to hit us with nukes.
This is because Obama was a weak coward who let them go on developing weapons.

North Korea must be stopped now.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

Let them grow em turtles in peace. Its a freeforall, a wild card, if it vanishes, another country will take its place.

That is my two won`s.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

They don't, they say they do, but it's a lot more complicated. Nukes are really complicated.
As long as you just feel threatened, with no proof you are, there's no reason to sacrifice South Korea. Not for the monster under your bed.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Duly noted. Whether by means of aggression or economic hitmen, it seems to not work out for us so well most of the time...

But somehow this situation feels like it is different. Maybe it's just that first-date feeling, where everything's fine and exists in fantasy. Until you're neck deep in reality, where all the dirty laundry piles up.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

They have nuclear capabilities. They're working on different means of delivering said capabilities.

You have beautiful hair, by the way.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

all your saying is its to bad we didnt kill them when they were weaker, they are getting so strong now its gonna be harder to kill them.

i mean, maybe we could just not kill?

they only ever threaten retaliation, according to them if we just leave them alone they will never attack.

and ya sure NK is a horrible place to live, theres no freedom there people starve etc etc, but are we the world police? it isnt up to us to manage how other countries run themselves. if they want to starve themselves into the ground that is their choice.

when the attack on NK happens as im sure it will, pay attention to all the lives lost and remember, it is the fault of the attackers (which at this point looks like its gonna be USA and China) for those lives lost. not NK. you dont start a war and blame the death toll on those whom your at war with, the one that starts the war is the cause of the war, always.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Well; Are we the world police? No. Not the "World police" as such a notion is childish.

Do we have a commitment to end crimes against humanity? Yes, actually.

Are the people of NK Starving themselves? No. The dictatorship is starving the people, in order to direct its food and energy toward the development of military strength.

Point being, they will not just sit quietly. They are built on a distrust of the outside world. If someone in your town was starving their children, while forcing them to construct boobytraps and weapons around their yard, while teaching the kids that they were the god-king of that house, and the world...what would you think? That if you left them to their devices, everything would be okay?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

A four word sentence, two of which were "my friend" followed by the three word sentence " I guarantee that".

Very believable and convincing.

It didn't convince you?
It will my friend. I guarantee that.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nearly everyone seems to think that is China is somehow nice and helpful ?
They're not . They let their people starve , they let em die from no healthcare _at all , and they test their nukes and let their irradiated citizens to die and spawn mutants .
Wake up , you could be getting into a war with China , after all their news is gobbledegook to anyone west of India , they dont allow google there either . You being sold a suckers imo

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You are being led to believe an illusion. It is not because of bombs or military threats "they" want to destroy North Korea. It is because North Korea has become a major player in opium production. Remember, "they" were all screaming Russia then within, what seems like hours, the mantra changed to North Korea. I must have missed the greater than normal threats N.Korea said as it did not seem they had really provoked anything. Well what they did say, was they were going to finance their country with opium sales. That means war. After all the Bushes and CIA worked hard to get Afghanistan back in production and they won't let anybody step in on their profits.

csglobe.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: drifter1109

That ears of balls to me , the linked article is upside-down nonsense . Opium can be produced nearly anywhere with a normal climate . Meanwhile the chinese have been raping america according to Trump , and by example they don't buy oil at opec rates , they just go and take it . China does nothing America wants , just ignores everyone else and is growing into a world threatening (at least in the environmental sense) monster .
Trump, is going to have big trouble selling a war with .. it , to america , so he's threatening to kick it's mad dog to death instead ...
what comes after won't be his fault then . It's China needs a reality check , if it has to be so be it , we're just the historians

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
We often hear that the so called SUPERPOWERS can tackle these small backward countries and put them into their place. So far, I have not seen much evidence of that. Sadly.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Maybe I was pushing it too much onto China , after all its only stabs in the dark we make .
This is from The
Diplomat on topic

At the end of the day, North Korea remains a strategic asset to China as a buffer between itself and South Korea. The Trump administration would do well to remember just how much strategic value China places in maintaining the status quo on the Korean peninsula.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

a reply to: jafo1973

Evacuations can be taken a multitude of different ways. NK just evacuated 400k from Pyongyang earlier this month

www.express.co.uk...

HaHa you actually got suckered in by that blatantly fake news article?

Is there any hope for us when the majority of the people can't tell fact from fiction?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
the Russians got the USA out foxed in Syria...but

the Russians got a better Upper-Hand with quiet support of N Korea (the Russians' Proxy Army )

the Jihadists the USA generated as a Proxy Army in the Middle East is Puny compared to the Nuclear Club member NK

the hypersonic aircraft carrier missiles might be fired by the N Koreans' under the direction of Russia/Putin
and that would spell out the numbered days of the American Task Forces around the world...& retreat by USA

all the ISIS Jihadists can do is false flag stuff like Sarin Gas & other chemicals...

2017 is the demise of the deep-state USA & it's bankrupt dollar is what I'm fearing

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

They already did that in the 50's and it didn't work then.

Now they have nuclear weapons and a modern army...

Your suggestion would be a disaster

edit on 28-4-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

We have the option of surgical strikes, of EMPs, assassination etc on the table. Cut the head off of the snake, as it were... Why not?

The argument is, the attack on Seoul, that is almost guaranteed.

I say if they attack Seoul and kill 10's of thousands of civilians lets just see how Russia and China stands by their side then like they did tonight at the NATO council.

That'll out Russia and China as the communist nations they are while South Korea and America would gain support against the atrocities.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
What if China is behind this sudden desire to take Kim Jong Un out and the US is playing along to facilitate it? China is a freaking mess.... they are buying up property here as well as businesses and companies and also invading us with immigrants and young people under the guise of being students. They have poisoned their cities beyond being livable. So if they could invade a pushover neighbor that's relatively un developed, why wouldn't they? We get a nice payoff, China keeps supporting our businesses and we can also have a nice increase in military spending which would make the international bankers ecstatic. I hope that IF NK has any kind of nuclear potential, they aim that stuff at China and give them a good F ing over.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

WELL...YOU KNOW...THEY SAY they want to wait,and IT IS the left coast and by THAT time ...sooo..NO,NO sorry I AM NOT ANTIFA,sorry everyone!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

But hear's the fact. All that old artillary that Kim Jong Chun's army has? Everyone is GREATLY over estimating its kill power. It'll be like Y2k all over again once it starts firing. Decent god fearing people will be laughing on the floor wondering why it took SOOO LONG for a usa president to deal with the nuisance.

And thats what it will be revealed to be: a minor nuisance.

N. Korea talks all this bluster cause thats all it can do (to S. Korea).

On the other hand its nukulkar threat is sort of real so they need to be taken out presto-pasta.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join