It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If disclosure happened tomorrow...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Official Disclosure will never happen for several reasons. TPTB won't admit that:

1. They've been lying to us
2. They don't understand the situation
3. We are not at the top of the food chain

Anyway, if Disclosure were to happen, who would announce it and would you believe them? I wouldn't start trusting the Government all of a sudden if Trump announced aliens are real.

Disclosure is something to be discovered from within, I believe. Follow your own path and discover your own truths.
edit on 4 25 2017 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
If disclosure happened tomorrow, I would take off all my clothes and run screaming down the street, shouting "the aliens are coming, run for your life!". After a while, I would grow tired of it and go back and put on some clothes, and go to work.

You got to eat, aliens or no aliens.

Provided, of course, it was a disclosure of aliens.

If it was something else, I would have to substitute the word aliens for that something else I suppose.
Like "bacteria on Europa" for instance.

The point is, you can only scream for so long, and then you have to deal with it and get on with brushing your teeth and so forth.

We have been sitting on top of a nuclear arsenal big enough to end our entire species for more than 50 years, and have nothing but a mild anxiety to show for it. Now, if that doesn't show we are an adaptable lot, I don't know what is.

Oh, and after a while I would probably come on ATS and hang around looking smug, at least until the argument about it being a false flag alien scenario takes off.

Would be cool, I guess.

Thank you for your patience,

BT
edit on 25-4-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Benevolent aliens from other parts of the Universe would be comforting.

Especially if they would share technology, and give advice on our current situations; show us better ways.

Who knows, imagine they're attractive.. Inter-species relationships would be fun to work out.

Medical breakthroughs, new tech, new relationships, different perspectives..

Could all be quite enlightening, and finally fill that void of mendacity and the mundane that most of us experience.

Malevelent aliens.. I imagine would be something like Independence Day, with Will Smith and the like.. Expect probably much uglier.. In which case, I say.. Bring it on!

As for the religeous side; I think it would cause a crisis of faith for some; those that have never considered the possibility or who took things too literally. Most of the Catholics I know are cool with the idea. My moderate Christian friends also are pretty cool with the idea. The rest, who knows.

There is always pains when growth is required.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I suspect the secrecy is held, not because they don't think you can handle it, but because there is an agenda held jointly by the secret government and at least one species of aliens or other dimensional beings.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Maybe we are simply not ready.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

It is amazing the ability of humans to ignore the true problems that a life situation presents to them and to go off on various tangents of useless talk, ideas and even solutions while ignoring the elephant on the dining room table.

Such as it is with the deeper impacts of contact with advanced ITIs in regard to the evidence for their unimaginable mental control and how that obvious problem for humanity, like the UFO question in general, is ignored, denied and dismissed even on "enlightened" ATS. I see it happening in thread after thread when I dare broach the issue to a rather tame discussion.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

It depends on how the message is delivered. If NASA announces that they have found jellyfish things swimming in an ocean on an ice moon, people would by and large find it interesting, even positive. Likewise, if radio signals are received from an exoplanet, people might even rejoice. I know at least one Jesuit who would love to tell them about Jesus.

If WikiLeaks starts releasing documents about "fallen angels," they would be met with skepticism. We have had hoaxers "disclosing" constantly for 75 years.

If a flying saucer landed on the White House lawn or Tianamen Square, things might be different. The shock would not be religious, but egotistical. Humanity would have to face up to its vulnerabilities, including military. If the envoys are peaceful, it might have a sobering effect, forcing the world "leaders" to decide who speaks for humanity. It might breathe new life into the UN Security Council, expanded to include a nation or two from below 30 degrees north latitude.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

God will always exist. Our full understanding of nature is always just one step beyond our comprehension.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Radio signals would be cool. But even better yet, what if they were able to decode some images!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Here's a really cool Ted talk by this guy named Adami. Adami is a physicist who has devised mathematical algorithms for detecting life by just using spectral analysis. It's pretty amazing what he does in the talk:

www.ted.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
And just to clarify, it seems that some are taking what I wrote regarding religion in the wrong context.
In that I PERSONALLY have the outlook that religions would crumble.

I was using that as an example in what I've heard/read in the past as a possible implication of the impact on the general populace of faith based beliefs.

IMO, I don't think thats true.

You usually read that on sites such as ATS which has posters that like to suggest that anyone who follows a religion has little concept of life elsewhere - often because that type of poster believes they are intellectually superior to someone who follows a religious faith - but when challenged they are unable to quote anything from any relatively recent (say within at least the last 300 years) from the leader of any recognised faith where if any comment is given at all, it suggests that this is the case.

The only thing that such posters can fall back on is the fact that God is quoted in the Old Testament as saying mankind was created in Gods own image. Apart from that - which of course assumes you take the Old Testament literally and believe in said God - I can't think of anything that means non fundamentalist type people of any faith would be more or less likely to 'crumble' than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
So why would it be so hard for us to accept that out of the +400 billion stars in our galaxy alone, that there are planets just like earth. Teaming with life. And that Everywhere you go, your tripping over one of "Gods Miracles"

Maybe people will no longer feel special anymore? That they will realize we just happen to be one of the millions of planets that happened to form the correct elements to allow life to exists.
So what?
Just because we found out were not the only child anymore, doesn't mean God can't love us, right?

If you were God, and knowing what you know about the human race, would you put all your life-creation eggs in one basket?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
if they jsut came out and said they have found intelligent beings from other planets, aliens are real..

i would just say i knew there had to be more life out there somewhere.. cool. and i would just carry on with my day..

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Full disclosure will never happen. Ever. If "outer space aliens" want to announce themselves to the world, they know how to by now. They are fimiliar with our primitive technology by now and should know how it works.

You don't need a government to tell you anything anyway because they never will. It will always be like that.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

They are fimiliar with our primitive technology by now and should know how it works.

they wouldn't even need to use our technology. all they would have to do is park a few ships over certain places and they wouldn't have to say a word.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Guess im simple minded, not really having a religion and all...
If disclosure happened tomorrow, id be impatiently waiting to buy my flying car and Ray Gun.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If disclosure happened tomorrow.... Guess I would try to go on a "Star Trek"

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If disclosure happens tomorrow I believe I'm gonna have to calm down my parents, not to mention grandmas and their believes...LoL.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If disclosure happened tomorrow I'd probably make myself a t-shirt that said "TOLD YA" and just walk around town beaming with a smug grin on my face. Maybe a few middle fingers and laughing at folks who've really given me guff over the years.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Maybe we are simply not ready.

We're as ready as we're gonna get. Unless the aliens are waiting for us to make that final transition from organic beings to artificial crystal/electric beings who are potentially immortal. That won't take too long, though. Just around the corner.

Of course, it won't be US meeting the aliens and flying to their wonderful planets in Heaven. It will be our smart phones. Lucky them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join