It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If disclosure happened tomorrow...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

C'mon even heat rays would be thrilling, for a while at least?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Dear Macenroe82

Do you think that the world press will just accept that ET life is a fact and they have visited us in the past. If that presumption is correct then you are absolutely correct.

However I see the next question being who knew what when?

Then it will be how did you manage to keep this covered up?

Was there an agreement between Eisenhower and ET people for technology?

By the time you get to the third question I think the balloon will have gone up.

The only reason this story has remained disclosed is because the MSM have for one reason or another have been afraid to go down that road. But that will be out of the window as soon as the first statement has been made.

Well that is what I think based on what I have read over the 10 years that I have been a member here.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hahah for damn sure.
I think if heat rays are called into the equation, everyone would be taking the day off from work lol.

Because really, what alien race just shows up and immediately goes for the heat rays?
That's just rude.
Hahaha

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

If disclosure happens tomorrow
Would you still remember me?

Not much would change. A bunch of people might question their religion but as a whole religion survives.

Why the philosophical question?? This should have happened a long time ago. And what about a baby or "AI"?? Those are just as freaky as ET.

Besides me declaring Jihad on science not much changes!!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Discloser isn't something our government will ever flat out tell us. Unless of course it finds microbial life. Other than that a ufo would have to land like in the day the earth stood still, before we knew of their existence.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
As a Christian, I have always felt it was presumptuous of mankind to expect God has ever had any mandate to tell us everything. Further, without mysteries in the universe tens of thousands of scientists, educators, professors, etc would be out of work. On the upside we could have spent billions on poverty instead of CERN. But God has no such responsibility to explain it all in detail. If He did, the Bible would have to be endless and I'm comfortable asserting there would be fewer Christians and more agnostics and atheists. The human condition is not equiped to comprehend other realities ( I.e. the beginning and end of time or space, supraluminal space travel, etc) and would do well to accept limitations and expect surprises. I'm personally fine knowing there are "unknowables" and from there it is a very small step believing God can do whatever He chooses to do with His universe. There never has been an obligation to provide us with any kind of instruction manual for the great discoveries throughout history in part because they wouldn't have been discoveries, would they? To conclude, I believe in God first. It's ok to also believe there are alien lifeforms and it's ok not to. To decide for ourselves what He tells us, what He shows us, or allows us to stumble upon is very human.

And very wrong.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

All you are directly concerned with and mention for why no disclosure to date pale in comparison to the real problem that you and many others cannot face and accept. At what point in the UFO situation do you stop accepting what is known because it affects your core beliefs? Advanced craft from distant worlds with beings in them? Virtually a given, right, even if you wonder about them coming from alternate universes, dimensions or realities. You can accept that, righ? Creatures that have technology, an advance civilization and enough curiosity to visit us for perhaps various means, right?

What do you believe about the almost universal claim by abductees that the ETs undeniably have the telepathic ability to read and "talk" directly to our minds and have used their mental powers to influence others in their actions and deeds, in other words, they have mind-control capabilities. Perhaps only a limited scale but used on many if not all abductees.

Is not that about the greatest secret of the UFOfolk that must be kept from humans? Every other, normal, situation that we can dredge forth for denying the disclosure pales in the face of their abilities of mind control. We can imagine that when disclosure happens, by chance or plan, that our governments will be quick to insure us that the ETIs have agreed to not use those efforts in their dealings with us. 'Sounds good, but if their innate abilities allows them to know what is in our minds as a matter of course, of citizen and official alike, how can we ever feel safe, free and not violated? It would be a god-like talent that they would possess over us mere humans with no respite.

It would mean the end of humanity as we have know it. Personally, I see that as the plan now in effect in multiple ways.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

By that I mean, is this something that totally rearranges what you felt your place in this world meant.

Nope.
My paradigm is not dependent upon Earth being the only place with intelligent life. I would be thrilled to find otherwise.

Unless, you know, heat rays.

Hilarious.

Im in the same boat, would be intriguing and a momentous historical moment.

The heat rays you bring up are a valid concern. However, what about cool rays? You know, the kind that give you swagger and a pair of ray ban sunglasses.

edit on 24-4-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun
We never have any idea how an event will effect us until we actually experience it. An experience is often completely different to how we would imagine it. Let alone something as destabilising as knowing you are really at the whim of things nobody can truly fathom.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

All you are directly concerned with and mention for why no disclosure to date pale in comparison to the real problem that you and many others cannot face and accept. At what point in the UFO situation do you stop accepting what is known because it affects your core beliefs? Advanced craft from distant worlds with beings in them? Virtually a given, right, even if you wonder about them coming from alternate universes, dimensions or realities. You can accept that, righ? Creatures that have technology, an advance civilization and enough curiosity to visit us for perhaps various means, right?

What do you believe about the almost universal claim by abductees that the ETs undeniably have the telepathic ability to read and "talk" directly to our minds and have used their mental powers to influence others in their actions and deeds, in other words, they have mind-control capabilities. Perhaps only a limited scale but used on many if not all abductees.

Is not that about the greatest secret of the UFOfolk that must be kept from humans? Every other, normal, situation that we can dredge forth for denying the disclosure pales in the face of their abilities of mind control. We can imagine that when disclosure happens, by chance or plan, that our governments will be quick to insure us that the ETIs have agreed to not use those efforts in their dealings with us. 'Sounds good, but if their innate abilities allows them to know what is in our minds as a matter of course, of citizen and official alike, how can we ever feel safe, free and not violated? It would be a god-like talent that they would possess over us mere humans with no respite.

It would mean the end of humanity as we have know it. Personally, I see that as the plan now in effect in multiple ways.

RE: abductees claims of telepathic, mind coercing e.t.'s

Do you believe humans arent capable of such as well? Personally, I see people do this with their voices and other expressive means. Whos to say that these methods arent just as impacting, if not more?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Same with me. It would actually give me more trust in the government if they admitted they lied and provided an explanation.

Lol, the gubment admit they lied?

leaves room shaking head...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Hit the nail on the head as usual.

It's impossible to predict because earth has so many different and contradicting "religions", fears, beliefs that responses will vary too.

Unfortunately, as interested and excited I would be to know the truth out there, I fear the worse for the human race from alien forms due to most probably a lack of communications, intentions and just inherent fear responses.

However, the truly religious will most likely turn to the religion to assuage their fear-that's all they feel they have to protect and calm them.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

There will never, ever be any disclosure. No one person or group of leaders would be acceptable and believed.

Evidence is and has been here and we ignore it... and them. Don't hold your breath and throw away your smiley face "Welcome Space Brothers" signs.

There will never be any "disclosure"....

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Disclosure of what!?!? Little green biological 2 legged beings with faces?

Why the deluded expectations?

White people are aliens. Science proves it. And if you don't believe in science, then why do white people still get sunburned after a zillion years of evolution on the surface under the sun?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What a really interesting well thought out OP.
I never knew about this:

In 2014 NASA gave just over $1 million dollars, to The Center of Theological Inquiry, based in New Jersey, to study "the societal implications of astrobiology."

Did the FFR pursue and stop it? Or did the research go ahead with the The Centre of Theological Inquiry?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The trouble with disclosure, is truly what would be said. We have houses of cards out there representing finance, religion, government, retirement, Job market, travel.... and general world wide tensions concerning terrorism and aggression.

What comes out of that box could be as ugly as it is awe inspiring. "Careful what you wish for" comes to mind again....
edit on 25-4-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It actually turned into quite the ordeal.
It went to court, NASA Said that they were trying to further the dialog on the topic of astrobiology.
Then the FFR came back and said something along the lines that it violated the first amendment and that it was a major waste of tax dolllars.
it went back and forth and the court came to the conclusion that " refusing to fund scholarships for theology is not religious discrimination under the First amendment "

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

So....

It didn't happen?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

For I must be traveling on, now
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see....

the Orion nebula....Alpha centurai etc...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
What would be funnier to think of, is if they landed and said something along the lines of...
' We have sent emissaries regularly in the past but you never listened... known to you as Jesus, Muhammad, Vlad Tepes, Hitler, Pol Pot, Hillary....'

edit on C2017vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 25 Apr 2017 01:34:56 -050030AM1America/Chicago4 by CovertAgenda because: adds

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join