It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘hobbits’ found in Indonesia NOT direct relatives of modern humans, scientists confirm

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think these hobbits might still be around.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
They are human if they are related to Habilis. They are "homo", they are human. To be a different species would require a change of genus. I doubt they are not homo.

Ebo Gogu....I think the hobbits were here in the last 100 years.

Homo is a genus. They can be (and are) Homo Floresiensis, not Homo Sapiens.
In other words, a different species.

The part about how it was initially thought they were "just a shrunken variety of early humans" isn't very descriptive. No one thought these were miniature H. Sapiens.

I remember reading that it was thought that they were descendants of one of the H. Erectus from the area. Perhaps I misremember, but weren't Erectus fossils found on Flores as well?

Harte

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

800k years ago....that sounds about right?

I think they mentioned habilis in one article i read.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I suspect they were a little more attractive. The people who put the skin on these models make them look so ugly,

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: dfnj2015

seeing a bunch of these guys doing what ever they do?

Amazing stuff.

Im my mind they would be aggressive little f#ckers kinda like scousers (People from Liverpool), I bet they would never return the lawn mower you lent them and I imagine they get their kinks from stealing your wifes G string from the cloths line, that is if they could reach but I also think they would have been decent performers so I would not put acrobatics past them...

Either that or they where lazy twats that just lounged about all day scratching their asses and they died out due to a total lack or foresight to there demise if they stayed put.. For sure they could not have made it into the NBA.....

Probably best they died out anyway, I could not take another group of SJW speaking how the "talls" keep them down.....

RA

+ gingers with da liddle man? syndrome !!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Travelling some sacred hill areas of central India recently, our local driver a freind of the partners family commented whilst traveling through a certain valley not far from a major mining city. That "pygmy tribes still exist cut off from society, with their own language culture and customs. Given health support by missionaries, other wise left, unvisited and uninfluenced. "

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Harte

800k years ago....that sounds about right?

I think they mentioned habilis in one article i read.

Yeah. But Habilis is the earliest known member of the genus Homo. It's not a stretch to describe any member of Homo as "descended" from Habilis.

Harte

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'd wager they were bright but like the Neanderthal(though bred with modern man) they became extinct due to modern man apparently being more advanced moving into the area.

a reply to: fotsyfots
Leprechauns or a bag of gnomes?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

There is a lot of native culture lore about small humanoid like creatures. Though, I don't think that video is anything beyond altered.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Recall the American SW cave giants-some said to be aliens? I hear they were killed off at least in that instance. They didn't always win.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

didn't they try to steal babies
so the local tribes got fed up and wiped them out ?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
Travelling some sacred hill areas of central India recently, our local driver a freind of the partners family commented whilst traveling through a certain valley not far from a major mining city. That "pygmy tribes still exist cut off from society, with their own language culture and customs. Given health support by missionaries, other wise left, unvisited and uninfluenced. "

I know there are pygmy tribes in NE India, they are asiatic and pretty diminutive, 4-1/2' tall.
There is a very good doc film of a westerner(brit) who lives with them for a period of time.
In the phillipines there is a distinction between pygmies, and the little forest spirits. The pygmies, the Aeta and Batak are just little tribes people, nothing magical or mysterious about them, but there was the Duwende

Duwende are goblins, hobgoblins, elves or dwarfs (Spanish: duende "goblin, elf, charm" < "duen de (casa)", owner of the house). They are little creatures who can provide good fortune or bad fate to humans. In the pre-colonial Philippines they were called mangalo and were believed to cause the death of children by eating their bowels. . In modern day beliefs duwendes frequently live in houses, in trees, underground, termite like mound or hill, and in rural areas. ........Filipinos would leave food on the floor, so that the duwende residing (or guarding) the house would not be angry with them. They also take your things,and laugh at you when you try to find it. They give it back when they feel like it,or when you tell them to please give it.

The above pretty much follows along with story i remember my friend's mother telling when i was a child, about the forest spirits, mangalo,.
When she was a child(1910-20?) they would go to a place in the forest outside of town and leave food and gifts by a spring. And if children wandered where or when they shouldn't, the the mangalo would take them and eat them.
I was probably 8-9 when she told me the story, and I didn't quite get what sort of creature it was, so my buddy, who had lived in hawaii, said it was like a menehune. Still puzzled, he said,"you know a leprechaun" , then i got it and was frankly scared #eless. My little brain congured up an image of a mean ,drunken ,pipe smoking, midget irish/hawaiian/phillipino character that had the power to vanish and reappear and would eat you.

edit on p0000004k28462017Sat, 22 Apr 2017 01:28:53 -0500k by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Interesting....so...what if they were first and WE are the nephilim written about....the giants. What if we are the current species and we are the giants that wiped them out.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: dfnj2015

I got to tell ya this is freaky stuff. How did they live? Can you imagine walking up over a hill and seeing a bunch of these guys doing what ever they do?

Amazing stuff.

The ice age really messed up the chance of multi human races, kind of sad. It seems we were the only ones to make it out of alive. I think I read that at one point only 10,000 of us were on the planet and that is why all 7 billion of us is within 99.9% the same DNA..
edit on 22-4-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

If we were the giants, and the hobbits were the regular folks, in the scenario, were we not all killed.

Also, there seems to be pretty accurate height descriptions, sadly or thankfully we are not even close.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It wasn't so much the LGM that did in the other hominids but a combination of factors. Despite the extremely hostile ecological niche, Neanderthal didn't just survive, but thrived during several hundred thousand years of advancing and retreating glaciation cycles. Based on comparisons of Neanderthal genomes, their own genetic diversity was pretty low by the time EMH arrived in Europe.

We may or may not see something similar in Denisovans once we find more samples for comparison, particularly if the new site in China that contains partial crania turns out to be Denisovans.

What led to this reduction in genetic diversity in Neanderthal also reduced H. Sapiens populations to as low as several thousand survivors, was the Toba event roughly 70 KA. Another factor for the lower genetic diversity in Europeans and Asians was the bBbonic Plague/Black Death wreaking havoc on their populations. About 1/3 of Europeans died and half of the survivors were sterile. This drastically reduced genetic diversity in Europe and Asia where the plague originated. Africa on the other hand, was too warm for the plague bacillus to survive there and thus,their genetic diversity survived. Those are just 2 of the more well understood genetic bottleneck events of many that have affected our Genus the last couple of million years.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So, just another species of extinct ape...It's amazing how all these scientists allow their imagination to fill in the blanks to fit their preconceived notions about evolution. Many of the depictions showed them using tools, bodies that are relatively hairless, walking upright with soft tissue features similar to modern man...although it is impossible to know what their features were like. I have no doubt if we found one today it would be in the zoo next to the rest of the primates.
edit on 4/22/2017 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/22/2017 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparky63
So, just another species of extinct ape...It's amazing how all these scientists allow their imagination to fill in the blanks to fit their preconceived notions about evolution.

Just another extinct ape? Did you even look st the citation provided? I find it ironic that you're ranting about preconceived evolutionary notions when you're not actually looking at the information provided and instead allowing your own preconceived nations to peek out.

Many of the depictions showed them using tools,

That's because they used tool, we've found the assemblages.

bodies that are relatively hairless, walking upright with soft tissue features similar to modern man...although it is impossible to know what their features were like.

What a load of garbage this is! I'll give you a point for not being able to determine how much body hair they have and then I'm taking it back for your views that we can't determine whether or not an organism is bileda. Then I'm going to deduct one more for not understanding reconstruction techniques and the known parameters used when determining tissue thickness etc... we can discern a great deal of information from physical remains.

I have no doubt if we found one today it would be in the zoo next to the rest of the primates.

So Anthropoligists who have studied this for decades in some cases aren't qualified to determine morphological traits but YOU somehow can determine beyond a shadow of a doubt that we're they living today, they would be indistinguishable from the other great apes... do you think about what you're saying or just typing freeform? Because your final statement doesn't jive with our earlier statements.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparky63

Correct, it is the Theory of evolution. Not the law.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Humanity is doomed... Has anyone read the comment section from the OP's link?

I know The Sun is an appalling 'news' paper... but it's readership is even worse!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join