It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dodge demon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
this is going to be a bad mofo.

this is my new 'if i win the lottery car'

en.wikipedia.org...

only going to paste the best parts

The Demon uses an all-new 6.2-liter V8 engine, but has been equipped with a 2.7-liter supercharger, for a total of 6.2 liters, and puts out 808 hp (603 kW; 819 PS) with regular gasoline, and 840 hp (626 kW; 852 PS) with 91 octane fuel or higher (both outputs are with the red key)

The SRT Demon contains a system that is used specifically for drag racing called transbrake, which is a mechanism that puts the transmission in 1st gear and the reverse gear simultaneously, holding the Demon stationary. This is used along with the car's torque converter to build up hydraulic pressure before launch

It reaches 0–30 mph (0–48 km/h) in 1.0 second, 0–60 mph (0–97 km/h) in 2.3 seconds (2.0s with a rollout), 0–100 mph (0–161 km/h) in 5.1 seconds, and the quarter mile (400 m) in only 9.65 seconds at 140.09 mph (225.45 km/h)

this thing is sick man...
keep your veyron. keep your hypersport. keep your enzo

ill take this please

only making 3300 of them. 3000 to the states and 300 to canada

edit on 19-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah, that thing is Badass.

I thought about getting a Hellcat last year, but I paid off my 2010 SRT8 a year ago and am enjoying not having payments to make.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

The only bad thing about it: Its only good for going in a straight line. All Dodge did was take what Chevy did with the COPO Camaros and made it street legal. Its also banned by thr NHRA unless you install a roll cage. Its a bad@as car, but I'd rather go with something more versatile. The new ZR1 Corvette for 2018 looks extremely promising, as does the new Camaro ZL1. Both track monsters -- even the tracks that have right turns.
edit on 4/19/2017 by imthegoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

each is own.
im not a camaro guy and definitely not a vette guy

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Yeah, that thing is Badass.

I thought about getting a Hellcat last year, but I paid off my 2010 SRT8 a year ago and am enjoying not having payments to make.

nice work on the srt8 my friend.
is it stock?
edit on 19-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
They got some style, and plenty of balls. It's the fly by wire throttle systems that scare me. I guess I'm old school.
Not that I wouldn't like to take one out and stretch it's legs a little.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
They got some style, and plenty of balls. It's the fly by wire throttle systems that scare me. I guess I'm old school.
Not that I wouldn't like to take one out and stretch it's legs a little.

I hate the new "fly-by-wire" in my truck. The last couple generations were okay, but these new ones...

Seriously, the throttle is just a suggestion to the ecm now.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

been thinking about your post.

can these numbers be trusted?

www.motorauthority.com...

Chevrolet says the supercharged 5.7 has an NHRA rating of 580 horsepower. It is capable of quarter-mile times in the 8.5-second range at a speed of 162 mph. It runs in the Factory Stock Showdown class at 3,550 pounds. The 7.0-liter has an NHRA horsepower rating of 470 and it can put up 9.2-second quarter-mile times at 150 mph. The 6.2's NHRA rating is 410 horsepower and it hits a 9.7-second quarter-mile time at 145 mph.

Chevrolet says it has more than 5,000 interested parties in its 69 cars, and it will hire an outside firm to determine which customers will be able to purchase this race-ready drag machine.

^^^^lame

i kept reading. a little later in the article it says this about 1/4 mile times

Chevrolet engineers have made more than 100 quarter-mile runs with the development cars, posting a quarter-mile time as quick as 10.685 seconds at 125.73 mph

where they getting 8.5 seconds from?

thats a nice car man but i like the demon better

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Put a tune, CAI and pulse plugs in it. Otherwise it's still stock.

Almost 7 years old and not one problem.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure a car with that kind of horsepower needs to be designed from the ground up for it , I think you're asking for trouble with this thing . Years ago my mother bought a Dodge Magnum (1980s) sold it to a girl in east Texas who promptly rocketed off a curve and exploded in midair when she sheared off some pine trees. The thing had too much power for it's suspension .

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have a 6.4 hemi, its a lot of fun, track hawk in my sights a few years down the road

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
I have a 6.4 hemi, its a lot of fun, track hawk in my sights a few years down the road

good call man.
that is one bad ass jeep my friend.

i have to say for me, chrysler/dodge/jeep as been killing it the last 10 years or so

i suppose im in the club with my turbo pt

i dont have the money to roll the way you guys do

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Im sure everyone has seen this.. but i thought it be fitting for a Demon topic.

Im not a chev guy but this is a a cool car too.

www.motortrend.com...
edit on 19-4-2017 by drz400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: drz400
Im sure everyone has seen this.. but i thought it be fitting for a Demon topic.

Im not a chev guy but this is a a cool car too.

www.motortrend.com...

Power is sent to the rear wheels through either the standard six-speed manual or 10-speed automatic transmission, the latter of which requires a $9,950 upgrade to handle the additional firepower

damn!!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't want one of those anymore, If I was in my twenties again I wouldn't mind. I haven't driven over one forty since in the early eighties on the Seney stretch. That sounds like a car the cops would like, they need to meet their quota.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thats not a pic of the demon tho, thats just a regular challenger. The demon has a wide hoodscoop for the supercharger and some extra wide body fenders

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I really like that.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I grew up in the 60's my big brother used to build drag cars,knew how to handle a car with horsepower,now any fool can buy an 800 hp potential killer to drive on the street,0 to 60 in 2 secs,how many seconds to stop?,I love hot rods,but these belong on a track,not on public roads

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I grew up in the 60's my big brother used to build drag cars,knew how to handle a car with horsepower,now any fool can buy an 800 hp potential killer to drive on the street,0 to 60 in 2 secs,how many seconds to stop?,I love hot rods,but these belong on a track,not on public roads

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I mean there are only gonna be 3.3k and probably cost close to 90k if not more so not just any fool can get one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join