It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dodge demon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: imthegoat

been thinking about your post.

can these numbers be trusted?

www.motorauthority.com...

Chevrolet says the supercharged 5.7 has an NHRA rating of 580 horsepower. It is capable of quarter-mile times in the 8.5-second range at a speed of 162 mph. It runs in the Factory Stock Showdown class at 3,550 pounds. The 7.0-liter has an NHRA horsepower rating of 470 and it can put up 9.2-second quarter-mile times at 150 mph. The 6.2's NHRA rating is 410 horsepower and it hits a 9.7-second quarter-mile time at 145 mph.

Chevrolet says it has more than 5,000 interested parties in its 69 cars, and it will hire an outside firm to determine which customers will be able to purchase this race-ready drag machine.

^^^^lame

i kept reading. a little later in the article it says this about 1/4 mile times

Chevrolet engineers have made more than 100 quarter-mile runs with the development cars, posting a quarter-mile time as quick as 10.685 seconds at 125.73 mph

where they getting 8.5 seconds from?

thats a nice car man but i like the demon better

I'm not a fan of the COPO honestly, and I'm not sure where theyre getting the numbers from. The 10 second time seems more realistic. I'd take a demon over a COPO any day for the strip, but road tracks are a different story.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I've seen pictures of them in Ins yards,crashed,parents buy a kid,or kids buy a 700 hp car,with little to no experiance,death trap on wheels,I like racing but I like racing with someone who can handle their machine

<< 1   >>

join