It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Bush Really Think Iranians Love Him??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Is Bush really that clueless? Or is he trying to dupe himself and us yet again? He said this in the State of the Union:

"And to the Iranian people, I say tonight: As you stand for your own liberty, America stands with you."

Haven't the Iranian people made it clear they don't like the U.S. government? An institution that failed them back when the U.S. supported the Shah and then commited acts of hostility against the Iranian people?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
They do love him, they just don't know it yet. Expect to see a statue of him in Iran by 2010

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
He's not clueless, he's propagandizing his wars, thats all. He knows he's lying.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The Iranian government has definately made it clear they don't like him. The students trying to win their freedom and watching what's transpiring in Iraq, on the other hand...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Actually the Iranian people are among the most pro-American of the entire muslim world. There were spontanious candle-light vigils in mourning after 9/11. Only the Iranian gov't is so rabidly antiwest.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just my take on Bush's comments tonight but he seemed to imply that the Iranian people would need to take the first step themselves and if they did we would stand with them. Another student revolution anyone?

B.

[edit on 2/2/05 by Bleys]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Spot on, Bleys. The Persian in Iran are the most pro-Bush populance in Iran.
Its those millions in the Student Movement for Democracy and Regime Change in Iran that also support Bush. Actually, they seek a more forceful approach taken by the US government.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It was almost a call to revolt that Bush made. He also said we'd support them if they did. My dad commented when we heard that that we just declared war on Iran, if the Iranian people want us to.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think any U.S. intervention in Iran will look very different than the Iraq situation. Quiet, covert actions to support the pro-Democracy movements will be the main vehicle with some possible airstrikes on government installations, military targets, and nuclear weapons laboratories.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think he just has that new disease of the mind scientific name is Bushisthebestphoria he thinks he is every bodys friend and those of the world should follow him because he is their big buddy, huh big idiot war munger with megalomania issue is all I see there.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Iranian people are not anti-American perse, but they are strongly anti-U.S. government. Big difference.

Bush really needs to come back to reality.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Its oil, always, has been, will be oil oil oil.

Bush want his own little empire so says Darth Bush,

I just feel sorry for the young men and women sent there to carry out his illegal orders when the shooting starts.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The U.S. has had an embargo on Iranian oil for a long time while the EU continues to support the Iran regime by buying oil. Just like they supported Saddam to maintain their lucrative oil deals with Iraq -- even going so far as putting up their UN Security Council veto vote up for sale in a bribe (France). It seems the EU has a lot more greedy obsession with oil than the U.S. or George Bush ever had. I have yet to see any evidence from people who keep crying about oil being the reason behind U.S. actions that their assuptions have any truth behind them at all.

Sep

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The Iranian people are fairly pro-American. But they love the US when it is in the US. They hate the US when it tries to come inside their country and meddle with its internal affairs. The best the US can do is fund the students (only the students, not the MKO etc..) indirectly, an stand back and allow the Iranians to do what they have to. If it directly and publicly supports a group, that opposition will go down very quickly.

As for Bush, the people in Iran liked him at the start, but since the Axis of Evil speech they lost lots of love for him and its going downhill ever since.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Sep]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Mr Bush saved most of his criticism for Iran, calling it "the world's primary state sponsor of terror" and accusing it of pursuing nuclear weapons - a charge Iran denies.

But the president emphasised diplomacy, saying he was working with European allies to persuade Tehran to give up its nuclear ambitions.

The president also spoke directly to the Iranian people, encouraging them to seek democracy.

source: news.bbc.co.uk

well,
i guess mister president doesnt like iran either.
"encouraging them to seek democracy?"
a democracy like the one in iraq?
what if they dont want to "seek it"?
will he force it down the throat?
with tanks and airplanes and nuclear bunker buster bombs?

great!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hopes he gets the intelligence right.

Not like in Iraq. They cheer and welcome the troops and thereafter lead them down an alley to get shot.

Sep

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Please look at this:

RAFSANJANI SAYS MUSLIMS SHOULD USE NUCLEAR WEAPON AGAINST ISRAEL

Have you read the link by any chance? Or did you just post it because the title grabs peoples attention?

Here is what Rafsanjani said:

"If a day comes when the world of Islam is duly equipped with the arms Israel has in possession, the strategy of colonialism would face a stalemate because application of an atomic bomb would not leave any thing in Israel but the same thing would just produce damages in the Muslim world", Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani told the crowd at the traditional Friday prayers in Tehran.

You can take it how you will. To me, it says that if Israel uses a nuclear bomb, Iran would respond in kind. And here is how an Iranian politician explained why Rafsanjani would say such a thing, again from your own post

"One of Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani’s main characteristics in Iranian politics during the past twenty years is that in order to preserve his own position, he is ready to set fire to all the Caesareas for one handkerchief, including, in the present case, providing Israel with enough pretext to attack Iran"

And here is a link that might also catch the attention of the readers:

Rumsfeld gives nod to nukes

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Sep]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Did you read this part:

"Jews shall expect to be once again scattered and wandering around the globe the day when this appendix is extracted from the region and the Muslim world", Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani warned, blaming on the United States and Britain the "creation of the fabricated entity" in the heart of Arab and Muslim world.

Sep

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Did you read this part:

"Jews shall expect to be once again scattered and wandering around the globe the day when this appendix is extracted from the region and the Muslim world", Mr. Hashemi-Rafsanjani warned, blaming on the United States and Britain the "creation of the fabricated entity" in the heart of Arab and Muslim world.

He said that refering to the "Palestinianian Jihad". Nothing to do with Iran and nuclear bombs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join