It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Bush Really Think Iranians Love Him??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Let us not forget that the U.S. encouraged the Iraqi Kurds to revolt against Saddam but then refused support when Saddam Hussein cracked down, after Gulf War 1.

Persians may not be anti-American, but they won't be fooled like those Kurds were either. So much for that support.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
considering that u.s. and iran have a "long friendship",

u.s. - iran relations

and that the u.s. were involved several times in re-arrangeing the iranian goverment,
i think it is just "another diplomatic game" that the u.s. goverment is playing with the iran,
trying again to influence and rule this part of the world.

things can get very complicatd here,
as they got complicated before....

more of the history of iranian situation at parstimes.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Most of all, the U.S. government, which constantly preaches the spread of democracy and freedom and all that is good, allowed the Shah to carry on his brutal ways, OPPOSED the Iranian people's push for freedom and democracy from the Shah, then allowed Saddam Hussein to slaughter over a million Iranians from 1980 - 1988.

Yeah, Bush, why don't you actually give them a reason to like you. Smart one.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think any U.S. intervention in Iran will look very different than the Iraq situation. Quiet, covert actions to support the pro-Democracy movements will be the main vehicle with some possible airstrikes on government installations, military targets, and nuclear weapons laboratories.

ya, quiet, covert operations launched from Iraq, who he hopes will live "peacably with it's neighbors......

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Is Bush really that clueless? Or is he trying to dupe himself and us yet again? He said this in the State of the Union:

"And to the Iranian people, I say tonight: As you stand for your own liberty, America stands with you."

Haven't the Iranian people made it clear they don't like the U.S. government? An institution that failed them back when the U.S. supported the Shah and then commited acts of hostility against the Iranian people?

Where you get your information from, sweatmonicaIdo?
Might want to rethink your unsourced assertions a bit, eh?
Try these:
Majority of Iranians Favor Bush and Peace
Iranian People Are Our Allies, Pressure on Regime Needed, Experts Testify at House Hearing
Persians push for Bush
Iran May Have Supported U.S. Invasion of Iraq
Words Are Weapons For Iranian Bloggers
These Are Revolutionary Times

Let me know of you need or want to see more, k?

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join