It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
GoShredAK
Sorry that you are having so much trouble right now.

Groot
Recover is hard. That's why it's good to have friends like here at the Shed.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

You need to get out as soon as possible, like out of the house, and file for divorce. My ex faked domestic violence on me and it sucked. Your xanax is the least of your problems.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

You need to get out as soon as possible, like out of the house, and file for divorce. My ex faked domestic violence on me and it sucked. Your xanax is the least of your problems.

I agree. No need to stay in the house if she is throwing away medicine and hitting you. Sounds like you need the police over there.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Oh my dear Sheddites, this is not a good night for some of you.

Shred, get away from there and try to stay with someone else for the time being. It is not safe. I am so sorry you are going through this!

Blue there's usually someone here in the shed. We do have our slow times, but someone eventually shows up.

Groot, glad you found someone else and your life has improved. It gives others hope.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Through The Darkness

I sit by the flicker of candlelight, watching as the flames dance and the light shines.
All the while I think of you, the ones who suffer and struggle through the darkness and shadows in your aching endless grief.
I have seen your words and heard your stories as they cry out from the distance. It matters not how near or far.

From somewhere deep within, allow the strength to rise and push forward through the oppressing things that take you to your dark places. Breath deep the courage, like a warrior with sword raised high. Rise victoriously into the sunrise of a new day. It is always there, always waiting for another.

I wrote this a year ago in October here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for your kindness Night Star. As the sun has set too many hours ago I find that it is past time for me to get some sleep.

Take care everyone and I hope you have a good night.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Sweet dreams blue dude!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

i did move out last nght, i actully just happened t get my old job tayt i love, bck the exact sme day....so im taying with the co-worker who is s good positive friend..hes got three kids......then i gotta move into a homeless shelter till i cn afford an aprtment....

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hang in there Shred! I wish you all the best! Life is a challenge and we do what we can to get by. We all have our challenges and thankfully, we have each other and this place to come to. I don't know what I would do without all the wonderful people here. They pick me up when I am down and help me to rise back up again, against the storms of life. They have made me smile when I wondered if I could ever smile again. They have inspired me with their kindness and guided me with their wisdom. They have brought laughter and joy.

One day, you will find your joy again...or you can complain and whine like us old folk and take one day at a time knowing you are not alone. Hugs, love and light to you and all our Sheddite family.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

i did move out last nght, i actully just happened t get my old job tayt i love, bck the exact sme day....so im taying with the co-worker who is s good positive friend..hes got three kids......then i gotta move into a homeless shelter till i cn afford an aprtment....

I'm going to post this with the utmost respect and concern, first off.
*Your wife is a member here as well and having not heard both sides of the story I can only comment on what you've shared. I absolutely agree 100% that you leaving the situation is the best at the moment. When things become physical, it's usually gone too far already (past experience),
If I recall correctly, you've both suffered with addictions and I would hope that you are both (at some point perhaps after 'sobering up') willing to seek out professional help...if not for yourselves than for your child who is an innocent victim in this situation.
Children are the innocent victims in these situations that we adults create with our choices sometimes. I know this from going through my own situation that is involving a separation from their father.
Some folks have to hit bottom (and I mean the very cesspool of existence-barely) to see the light and want to fight to come back up and perhaps this situation will do it for both of you, for the sake of your son and each other as humans who love and care for one another and want the best for each other which I would hope to be living fulfilling, rich and happy lives and raising your child in the same environment.
Good luck to you both and please find some professional help, and if you are able...suggest your wife do the same through friends or family or whatever.
Be safe. Be smart. Get healthy.
Sending positive thoughts for all of you and please let us know when you are both okay.

edit on 5-5-2017 by TNMockingbird because: May be inappropriate to post member's name.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Morning, good people!

Oh dear.
Seems quite a number of us are having less than an enjoyable time of things!

You are all in my prayers, for all that its worth. *squishy hugs for everyone!*

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Ooh, that's cool to hear! So you've got your old job back, and you're amongst cool friends now.

I'm sorry about you having to move to a shelter though. The thing is, some other people here on the Shed were also forced to do the same. And this drives me mad. No one should have to live in the streets. Homes and food should be a right for every one.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

edit on 5-5-2017 by jacygirl because: too much

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

edit on 5-5-2017 by swanne because: Removed gluten rant

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just wanted to say, I'm sorry some of you are having a rough time right now.

I'm here, just PM me if you want to talk, vent, whatever.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Mind reconstruction complete.

New structure crystallised.

New polarity identified.

I'm back!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Good morning. I hope you are well?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Hi Shred!
So sorry that you're "going thru the mill" right now.
Stay strong and know that we're here for you both, ok?

Jacy - I'm just going to say it...
Stop retracting your advice!!!! It drives me crazy!!
You, more than most, have been there... done it... bought the T-Shirt, DVD etc and survived.
Your advice is usually spot on (as it was in this case - and YES I read it before you changed your mind!). Borne out of experience and knowledge... Don't be afraid to share it (someone might need it one day).
[[[[[[[[[[[HUGE big Squishies]]]]]]]]]]

John!
Nice to have you back.... but I did enjoy "HyperJohn"'s visit!!

A big Friday squishy to everyone else!

(pssssst.... G&T have started having (very early) discussions about the next shed-song collaboration!)

Gx

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
This touched me, Blue. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but I wanted to thank you for this perspective. You put into words something that I have struggled with in my past.

Yes, I have karate kids. Yes, they are taught that with the power that comes from their training also comes responsibility. They fight each other occasionally, but when one of them took it too far we brought him in front of his instructor. Our instructor told my Shepherdito that if he continued to use karate on his brothers, he would lose his belt and drop back to the very beginning to start over with no belt at all. He's 5 belts in, so he took that threat pretty seriously.

Thank you for this, Night Star. It's beautiful.

Shred, my friend, I'm sorry you're going through this.

I don't have any wisdom to share that others have not already. Keep the faith and always try to do the right thing. You're a father, so your life is not entirely your own. As others have said, gotta think of the kids and do whats best for them.

a reply to: TNMockingbird
Lovely and wise, as always, Chirp.

a reply to: swanne
Swanne, is that you?

Hello and good morftereven to TrueBrit, Groot, jacygirl, and chiefsmom!
ETA: And Gordi too!
edit on 5-5-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: How could I miss BigG? BG? BeeGees!

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join