It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

You are essentially right about the reconstruction of the minds.

I've noticed that in most adult, however, this reconstruction process is paused. Which makes poor sense to me. I personally keep on learning and evolving, even as an adult. I would just get bored to death if my mind was all rigid and frozen.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

...Admin and Swanne - you guys lost me somewhere around inverse Descartian thingy.

Descartes proposed that famous philosophical line: "I think, therefore I am"
Swanne is postulating the "Inverse Descartian Proposition" i.e. "If you think not, then therefore you exist not. "
which contains an amazing paradox.... that to "think not" you MUST be able to think and therefore exist! Yet you cannot exist because you think not..... etc

Yes, it does sound confusing when I try to explain it!!!
G

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
So even Cortana is getting in on the action? It’s just a play on words. Instead of force we say forth because it’s so close. Just a bunch of dorks, LOL I try to follow Swanne but his mind is way more advanced than mine. I can follow a little but then I need a logic equation to try to balance it all out.
-OK second part of your post. The building blocks analogy was perfect! And here I am trying to use brain waves to make sense. LOL

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Descartes proposed that famous philosophical line: "I think, therefore I am"
Swanne is postulating the "Inverse Descartian Proposition" i.e. "If you think not, then therefore you exist not. "
which contains an amazing paradox.... that to "think not" you MUST be able to think and therefore exist! Yet you cannot exist because you think not.....

And there lies my problem. My mind thinks in logical lines. I can follow through but it puts me into a endless loop. To me it looks like a coding error, which is probably right. Someone coded an error into our code. They accidently left a logic loop that if triggered could continue endlessly…..

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's time for cute pictures!

Omg so cute!!!!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Okay! An idea just popped in my mind! Night Star, I'm sending you a PM!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Well, truly, not my analogy. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, I believe was the name of the author of the book I read which contained the analogy. Quite an interesting idea that our process of tear-down and rebuild is paused as adults. I'm going to have to ponder that a bit.

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
I'm pretty sure most guys at least are capable of a complete lack of thought. I know I am!

a reply to: Martin75
Yup. I bumped her little circle-button this morning and she said, "May the Fourth be with you, Shepherd".

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Swanne - I LOVE dolphins. I have gotten to swim with them twice!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I've got a few things to do but I'll be back when I can this afternoon. Hello to everyone.
edit on 5 4 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hi Blue!

Bye for now Blue!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Swanne, thank you for the cute pictures, as my brain was starting to hurt. LOL

I do find it fascinating the way everyone's brain's work so differently.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

My dearest True, I believe that your Grandmother is whole again and in a better place. My friend who just lost her Mom went through the same thing as her Mother couldn't recognize family members anymore, perhaps a lucid moment here or there. It was very difficult.

Having lost so many people in my life through the years, I know what it feels like and can relate. We have beautiful memories to hold on to and try to forget the sad part of how they passed. It just made ten years since my Dad passed away and will be two years in October since I lost my Mom. I never knew what it was like to have a Grandfather as they both passed away before I was born. I only knew one Grandmother as my other one only spoke French and hardly any English. My Grandmother was 90 when she left this world and she was ready to leave with peace.

Much love to you and your family at this difficult time and a big warm hug to you!

I am very grateful that you have returned to us here, to be with people who love you and care.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Behind in here as always. Trying to finish my first cup of coffee and get caught up in here.
So to everyone here or lurking...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've posted another episode of Falling for those of you following along with my story. Today's episode is the conclusion of Siere's confrontation with the Bearer. The next scene is quite new and has yet to be reviewed & edited, so it may be several days before I post another episode.

To read today's, you may follow the link in my signature to the beginning of the story, or you can use this link to go directly to the new post:
Falling: An Epic Fantasy - Etielien

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Swanne - I LOVE dolphins. I have gotten to swim with them twice!

So cool!

You look like you were having fun! And so does that human on the right, too.

edit on 4-5-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Gordi, Dougie is a budding Author at 7. I started young myself. As a kid I wrote a story about two puppies and one died and it made my friends cry. LOL! Loved his story about my favorite subject...chocolate! Scary ending though with no more chocolate. A horror story for sure!
Hugs from Auntie Raine! That was just delightful! Ooooh, I want a shed bracelet! A collectionof them!

Jacy, hey I spelled your name right and haven't even had my second cup of coffee yet. Royal family. Bahaha! I'm still looking for my crown. Has anyone seen my crown? We shall have a lovely meal on the garden grounds today. Wear your prettiest dress, or not. It doesn't really matter, we are free people in this Royal realm.

Chirp, it is only natural that we would want to hold on to those we love. It so hard saying our last goodbyes. Perhaps it not really goodbye but rather, I will see you again.

Jess, that cat pic, OMG! LOL!!!

Wis, you seem to have joined the early birds. I'm always glad you pop in at night too so I can see you. Hope thejob is going well.

Swanne, you write so beautifully! My mind is always full of thoughts too. I keep wishing we could have an off button or something, maybe a pause button. Awwwww, love the cute pics!!!

chiefsmom, you don't like coffee?????? OMG!!!!!!!! My Husband doesn't either. LOL You people must be from another planet. Oh, I just read what you said about your Mom. I am so sorry to hear this Sweetie! Frustrating? Hell yeah! You know as all our Sheddites do, that we stand by one another through anything that life throws our way. You can always come here for a hand to hold, a shoulder to cry on or perhaps a laugh or two to help cheer you up and forget the bad stuff for a while. This our place of enchantment where all things are possible. Hugs!

Hiya Kitty Cat! Good to see you here today! Hope all is well in your world!

Shep, I get lost when it comes to anything too scientific or technical too. LOL! It's like learning a new language and I suck at languages!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

I've got a few things to do but I'll be back when I can this afternoon. Hello to everyone.

Awwwww, love this!!!!!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Swanne, thank you for the cute pictures, as my brain was starting to hurt. LOL

I do find it fascinating the way everyone's brain's work so differently.

Oh mine is different that's for sure! LOL

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

That is one of my favorite pics of Jess and her aquatic friend!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yeah, dolphins are pretty cool. They're one of my favourite animals. I wish I could see one in person some day.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join