It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hi de ho !

It's Derby eve here in Kentucky. I live about 5 miles from the track. Spent many of years doing standby there. Standby meaning getting paid to stand around for 16 hours waiting for something to break.

I hate the Derby, the posh celebs and everything to do with it.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday !

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot
Hey Groot. I don't get it. Why do they pay people to just stand around? And why is the derby so terrible? Share please, I am ignorant and want to learn.

Yeah happy Friday. It is my work weekend but I still celebrate.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It was not a happy Friday and Thursday was the pits as well.

Holding down your own son while he is convulsing is not fun. BP at this stage was running at extreme levels 280/180. This is scaring the crap out of me.

I hate not being able to do anything. He seems to be slowly getting better but it could all happen again.

Not having functional kidneys is the pits.

Sorry, needed to vent a little. Not usual for me.

P

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Hey Groot. I don't get it. Why do they pay people to just stand around? And why is the derby so terrible? Share please, I am ignorant and want to learn.

Yeah happy Friday. It is my work weekend but I still celebrate.

I work on elevators and escalators. They pay us 1.5, overtime to be on standby incase one should break down and we are there to fix it. I did stand by one time when the Rolling Stones played at Churchill Downs . Paid to see the Stones was awesome !

The reason why it sucks for us locals is because of the increase in traffic and increase of rude rich privileged people . It's a 2 week celebration with road closings and all. If you have money, it's awesome ! When you are broke, it sucks.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hugs Mate

a reply to: pheonix358
OMG Pheonix those BP levels are horrid. The kidneys regulate our BP, I am so sorry.
And No I have never heard you "vent". So big grand hugs to you and know you are in my prayers.
Be brave. Tearing up here.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Venting here is always permitted. I hope things improve with your son's health.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
It was not a happy Friday and Thursday was the pits as well.

Holding down your own son while he is convulsing is not fun. BP at this stage was running at extreme levels 280/180. This is scaring the crap out of me.

I hate not being able to do anything. He seems to be slowly getting better but it could all happen again.

Not having functional kidneys is the pits.

Sorry, needed to vent a little. Not usual for me.

P

Blessings to you and your family. Hope he gets better. But I don't know your story and your sons. Feel free to share and vent anytime.

edit on 5-5-2017 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Pheonix, I will pray for your Son. Please know your Shed family is here for you and you can vent anytime. That is frightening and frustrating. My heart goes out to you and you can PM me anytime!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
Ugh, that avatar was pretty fun, but it fits my current state of mind no more.

Let us see to what I may change it...

WOW, I love your new dragon avatar! It's perfect

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Night Star

A beta fish? What's that?

There are different breeds of bettas. I have one like this flowery looking guy, only mine is a dark blue with white.

My new baby is a half moon with pearlized pale colors.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thanks everyone!

We have to wait for a kidney to be available and that means we are actually waiting for some poor bastard to die. That sounds terrible but it is what it is. It is hard to resolve that one although I suppose once someone does die, they don't need their organs any more.

He is at least rational now and talking.

P

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Good Lord, your Son is waiting for a new kidney, someone else on the site, her Son needs a new heart. I hate these human bodies, too many things can go wrong with them.

Glad he is feeling better Hun! Hugs! It must be so difficult emotionally. It would drive my anxiety through the roof.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I was hanging out in the hedges and was ambushed by a sneaky elf and a dragon. She giggled and waved her finger as the dragon scooped me up by the suspenders and dropped me into my corner of The Shed.

So here I am and want to say hello to all you adorables! First chance I get, I'll find a new hedgerow!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Thoughts and best wishes mate !

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yay! Missed you my little buddy! So happy seeing you have returned 'home'. Don't be a stranger now. My dragons will be watching.

I love that picture!

edit on 6-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Hello Dave! We will all have to gather and send our love, light and positive vibes to Pheonix's son. The news really saddened me, but I am glad our dear friend came here and shared this with us all. As Sheddites, we stand together and support one another, no matter what may be going on in someone's life.

This is our special place where we can come for comfort and encouragement and hope.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Indeed Raine ... there are not many things worse that a parent can face in life ... than your childs life being in the balance.

Phoenix and child as well as his family as a whole,
can benefit from positive wishes from those who care ... we in the shed care !

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The final run to Charleston.......

Get to do this one more time come Monday morning when they start their journey to Uniondale, NY.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I can think of nothing worse my friend.
Please know that we'll all be thinking of him and send him our best wishes.
G

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join