It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
HA! I spent half my life at least babysitting, so I do understand what kids can get into.

Hello jacy and Macy! That's so cute, it rhymes! When Kya decides to sit in front of the keyboard I have to lean way over him to type anything. Then he does the swishy tail thing and pens and whatever go flying off the table.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hahaha...I know. She was already named Macy when we rescued her and the rhyming with jacy pretty much said "this is meant to be" to me.

She is super loving and gentle, loves to cuddle.
But she does get bitchy when I try to type and she's laying on my arm. She actually will bite me.
So now you know why I was lurking, lol.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Can't you almost hear cats' thoughts sometimes? The neighborhood cat my wife has adopted will come up by the deck door and look in while we're having dinner, like, "Um, hey, humans? You have clearly forgotten a step here. Ahem! My dish is unmistakably empty! Let's get with the program, shall we?"

edit on 5-2-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hi Jacy!

@ Night, Mine is the color of a straw bale, but you can definitely see them. I don't think it is as much the initial dying job, but the up-keeping of the roots.
Or, it's just the fact that I am still too much of a tomboy. LOL I never learned a lot of Girl upkeep. Probably best that I had boys instead of girls.

@ Shep, It has to be genetic, in boys. I don't think it was a mistake that the Tasmanian devil from the bugs bunny cartoons was a boy. He had to be created by someone with a son.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

My boy is super loving, gentle and loves to cuddle too.
He is about 9 years old, but we have only had him for two years. He has the energy of a kitten!

Can't wait to rinse my hair so I can get something to eat! I haven't had breakfast as I got up too late and didn't feel hungry enough at lunch, but now...starving!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'll reply to those I missed in a few minutes.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Aww...but that's cute!

I don't have to hear her thoughts, Macy is a talker. I've never had a cat that was so vocal before.
She actually seems to understand me sometimes, and can be heard saying "Noooo" to certain questions.

I'm trying to incorporate Macy into my Shed life, but still can't seem to write any storyline without Sophie.
Macy has personality but Sophie was like a little person.

I really wanted the black boy cat Sam that I almost had. I have identical twin daughters, and at one time we ended up with two white cats, both strays. I wanted to have my black cat twin set too.
I keep checking the local kijiji ads, but so far they're all kittens. I don't want a kitten, I want an adult cat who needs a good home. Macy and I will wait patiently for the right one.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Can't you almost hear cats' thoughts sometimes?

Yes, most definitely! It's like we can be in tune with them sometimes and just know what they are thinking or feeling.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Years ago I had an all black female and all black male cat. They were awesome! One had the longest tail I had ever seen on a cat! I always had two or three cats at a time, most were rescues.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Cats are family members. Of course I understand then and they understand me but don't care about half of what I say to them.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
Haha! I forgot about Taz - yeah, he's my boys' alter ego, alright.

I agree - someone with a son or sons came up with Taz.

Kittens are definitely a handful. They sure are cute though.

a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Growing up, my family was always a dog family. They really do become part of the family, you're right Blue Dude.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just came back from blend's thread about her poor kitty.

I have always kept my cats safe by keeping them inside. Too many horror stories about what can happen to cats that are let outside.

I know she loves her cat and my heart breaks for her and the injured cat.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

We never had a big yard for a dog and being away all day at work...it just wasn't a good idea for us. We did have a dog once and felt bad for it. We knew it needed people who could spend more time with him and have a big yard or lots of land for it to run around when not being walked. We found a good home for him and stuck with cats ever since.

With both of us disabled, walking a dog is out of the question. They also cost a lot more to own and care for. AND...we don't have to worry about fleas! lol

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

...Gordi, you big happy bunny you! Glad you had such a great time! When are you and Tom going to do another music collaboration? Speakingof Tom, where has he gone to? I think he is off having grand adventures with Aria and Troll.

We shall do one as soon as that bloomin' big Scotsman gets his finger out and... no hang on...
It is all my fault. I've just had other stuff getting in the way recently but I will try harder in future!
G

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

...And I leaving this pic for Gordi

oooooh, a wee "starter set".... uhm.... Where's the rest? What will I drink tomorrow???

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Gotta head out, folks. Might be on later, not sure.

Later Gordi, Night, Blue, and anyone else lurking!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

You drink all of that and you won't have to worry about tomorrow.

'ello Sir Gordi! I have actually been sorting through all my beads, wires and other jewelry supplies. Made a big dent in my organizing things! Yay! I put aside things for a bunch of projects for the upcoming months.

I really need to get an outdoor chair before it gets too hot to sit outside. I desperately need to get caught up on reading books and it will be nice to have some fresh air and sunshine.

Wonderful to see you this evening!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
HELLO EVERYONE

Just wondering where Marty found that stash for Gordi.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I don't know where she found that stash, but perhaps we should watch her a little more closely.

I'm getting a lot accomplished today, so I'm going to go back and do a few more things while this energy lasts.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Happy to read that you have the energy to be up and about doing things at home. Keep up the good work but don't hurt yourself.

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join