It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hi LookingForABetterLife!

Thank you!!!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm back.

What a BONKERS weekend!

SATURDAY:

Saturdays move went both swimmingly, and somewhat awry in the same breath. My friends came to collect me at the allotted, and ungodly early hour, we collected the van, hot footed it to Rochester, and were already loading it by nine in the morning. We had to take the front door off to get the sofa out, but that was little bother, because of the specific type of door we were dealing with, which, when open, lifts right out of the frame. My friends lady love had to leave before us, because she had to pick the keys for the new place, up from the estate agents at a pre-arranged time. So the last couple of hours of van packing were just the three of us, myself, my buddy "Deviant", and our chum "JJ", hurling bags of clothes and other soft articles onto the stack of furniture we had already loaded, and carefully loading the more delicate items.

We had the place empty, and jumped into the van for the trip back to Southend. Upon reaching the outskirts of Rochester, we get a call from the lady of the moment. She had successfully collected the keys, and entered the property. All was well, except for one, relatively small detail. That detail, it turned out, is that upon entering the property, she had promptly misplaced said keys, and so was unable to leave the property unoccupied, because if she did, she would be unable to re-enter it. The estate agent was not reachable by phone, and the poor lass herself was loosing her mind about it a little.

So... as it happened, we arrived with the van, and unloading was much faster than loading had been, because we had more than twice the manpower available at the new place, since there were parents, and other individuals from our clan on hand to help out. It was about half past four at this point. I had my buddy drive me to my store, selected the necessary equipment, and returned to the property, changed the lock. By the time I was done, it was nearly five thirty. I had my buddy return home with me, so that I could drop my kit off at the store, then take me back into town for a much needed beer and chill, round at another friends place. Now, its worth mentioning that none of us had eaten anything since 5:30AM. When I got to my other buddies place, food was the first thing on the menu. We went round to the burger bar on the corner, and got us some hearty grub. Once grub had been consumed, beer flowed, and all was well. I passed out on my friends couch a little before twelve midnight.

SUNDAY:

The residence at which I stayed that night, is also the residence of the guitarist of the band who are trying to recruit me, so when I awoke at about seven thirty in the morning, he and I had a chin wag about things, and he introduced me to his spare bass guitar (he has guitars he does not even play, the lucky bastard). We agreed that at some point this week, I will have to come over and jam with him (which we could not have done Sunday, because people were asleep still, from all the partying and merry making and what have you).

I left there, caught a bus home, arriving at about twelve in the afternoon. A much needed shower was taken, tea consumed, as well as an even more needed snack of french bread, with salami and melted cheese smothered all over it. At two thirty, my son came over, and by this stage, as I am sure you can imagine, my body was starting to complain bitterly. A heavy days work, followed by crashing on my friends couch, had done nothing positive for my spine, my shoulders were killing me and my legs ached. Hence, we did not go to the park, we did not go for a lengthy walk (as I would have done normally in his company). Instead, we stayed in, played some videogames, and ate a big dinner, which consisted of spaghetti bolognese, with heaping handfuls of grated cheddar atop it.

When my boys mother came to collect him, I begged her for a lift to a friends place, and was summarily dropped off at their door at about quarter to eight in the evening. This friend is a video game freak, and had purchased the latest Final Fantasy game recently. Thusly, the evening was spent with herself playing this video game, and myself being passed bottles of high quality home brew ale by her other half, which of course were consumed and appreciated with equal gusto. After a while, the comfort of the couch, the touch of the ale, and the agonies of the last couple of days began to catch up with me, and I passed out, mid conversation, some time after midnight...

MONDAY:

I awoke in very much the same position I had crashed in, and shortly thereafter was handed a bacon sandwich, copious amounts of tea, and some laughs about my snoring, all provided by the man of the house, the beer brewing legend that he is. Once I was somewhat alive, another pint was passed my way. It was about ten in the morning at this stage, and a bank holiday in Britain, so my shop would be closed, meaning I did not have to be there, meaning that I could actually get some R and R... and so I did. More Final Fantasy was played, more beers consumed, much merry was made, and the afternoon became the evening, such that finally, with the sun well down, the moon coming up, I walked home, tired, aching, broken even, but relaxed, and upon reaching my lair, threw myself down in my pit, to sleep the first good sleep in three days, and to come to the comfortable realisation as consciousness fled, that despite the ache in my spine, I had absolutely no regrets about any of the weekends proceedings.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
It sounds like your weekend went amazingly well!

Good morning everyone! I'm dragging butt this morning and hoping the coffee kicks in soon.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

It did!

I needed that. I may still be physically drained, but I feel better somehow, in a non-physical sense.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!

TB, sounds like a busy weekend. I'm glad you got to rest after it.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Good morning, one and all!

I'm here for a bit. In so much pain I can't really sit still for too long, but going to give it a try.

We are getting rain, rain and more rain this week.
Apparently my back and shoulders have decided to protest. (who's in charge around here, my brain or my body?)
I would imagine many of you are saying "Ain't your brain jacy!"...so no donuts for you!!!

Hope all are well,
jacy

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
So I went to looking for a donut to make you happy. I found one hell of a happy dog. LOL

All you need is a neck donut and then you will be happy! Sorry you are feeling so bad Jacy.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Hey Marty! Welcome back from your weekend! Loved the pics, so glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.

I could definitely use a neck donut, maybe two (one to sit on, lol).
Who knew there was such a thing? (but then, we have V.I.Poo and such so nothing surprises me anymore).

It's been pretty quiet around here lately, hope everyone is okay.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry the weather is making you hurt Jacy. We are getting rain and cold here too. It's May! I want the sunshine!!!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Hi chiefsmom, I know...right? It's supposed to be sunny now, with blue sky and big puffy clouds.
(oh wait, that was the other timeline...now it's criss-crossed white lines that blur together and turn the sky grey)

Pffft, don't mind me. Trying to get into 'conspiracy mode' but even that's not working.

Your "Pied Piper" pic was awesome. I get envious of everyone who has property and can have multiple critters. We have a 2-pet limit in our apartment building.

I had found a boyfriend for Macy the cat, an identical black male who sounded purrfect. Was all set to pick him up last Friday and the owner text me that she gave him to her parents. I actually cried I was so disappointed.
Now I'm thinking of making a dating ad for Macy to find her a partner!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

LOL Kitty dating site, hey, you might have a new money maker there!

I actually have a black male cat, and a smokey grey one. They are my barn cats. But Lester, the black one, acts more like a house cat. He wants attention all the time and even follows the twins, when we go for walks out back. Grady (the grey one) will only let you pet him when he is eating.

Originally, they were supposed to be Ester and Grady, but Ester ended up having the wrong equipment. LOL

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just popping in to say HI!
I had a GREAT long weekend down at mysterious island (mostly singing & playing guitar in the pub with a bunch of friends who had come down to visit for the weekend...) am now a very tired, but happy big bunny! LOL
G

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hello folks,

Lurking today as I feel a bit groggy but I'll get over it and catch up on my reading.
Cheers to all

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Whew! I'm winded from running to catch up. Sheesh!

Any Shedizens online now? Looks like I just missed about five of you...

ETA: Blue Dude! Looks like our posts crossed in the ether.
edit on 5-2-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Shep, take a break from all that running. lol
Others will show up one of these days.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm still lurking!

Having fun in the MAN i Fest thread. I didn't think it was supposed to be serious, but there are people taking it that way.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I will be heading home soon. Hope everyone had a great day!

Hey Shep - I have some catching up to do in your story but I'm behind in school so might be a few more days.....at least I know I have a good story waiting when my homework is done. Woohoo!

Blue - Still fighting the flu? Man, I think the mild winter is setting us up for some superbugs. Not sure but it seems that this year's colds have been nasty! Hanging around a little longer and seem to take a little more to beat them. Super bugs scare me, probably more than weapons.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Who knows if it's the flue bug I've fighting or just a hangover from yesterday's seizure. I'll get better in time. Nice to hear from you.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You are having too much I see in the MAN thread. Keep up the good work.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Eh. I need the exercise, it's all good.

MAN i Fest? Do I want to know? I'm guessing Augustus is involved, yes?

Hi Admin! I will probably have the current scene completely posted today or tomorrow, so yes, you'll have a new scene to read. Jacy & Night Star think Siere is about to get "badass".

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join