It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
a reply to: jacygirl
So, you were able to create a new thread, but not post any replies to anything?

Oh I wrote it...it posted...people replied...lol.
Now we're all back in business and I feel like an idiot.

Plus I swore a lot and feel bad about it.
(not in the thread, here at home)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yeah, I knew about the swearing. Your computer sent me a message and told me it was offended. You know, I had to look up a couple of those words it sent me...
*shudders*

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Jacy, no need to feel like the mascot moron. I think you did a good job of letting the site know of the problems we were having. What do you know, now everything seems to be working. You did great!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Those would have been the ones that started in Canadian, switched to French...threw in some Portuguese, and ended with "dirty pig" in Dutch?

No, eh?
Yeah okay fine, some of them I made up.

I wrote a really long response earlier to Blue Dude, and kept persisting until I lost my #@%! hehe.

edit on 1-5-2017 by jacygirl because: wrong threw, lol

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Some were real though. I didn't know you knew how to say "Your mother walks like a rhinoceros" in Swahili and Telugu both! Most impressive...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Gotta do some work around the house but I'll be back when I can. HUGS

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

See you later, Blue! *hugs* back atcha!

Shep...Yep. That's why I like making friends in different countries, lol. I can swear at people in a different language and not hurt their feelings.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
See ya later Blue Dude!

See, it's a pity you didn't learn more French, then. I think it was Eddie Murphy who said, "You can say just about anything in French and it sounds good."

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

I know a couple...can't write them here though!

Well those posting shenanigans have left me feeling lost for words now. I think Night Star bailed on us, lol.
I sent her a message but then couldn't send a reply. (maybe I should try again now)

Nah, I got nothing. Maybe I'll put up more Elvis videos to freak everybody out. (convo about 4 pages back)
What was funny is that as I was reading how she thought it was a fake jacy because real jacy is into metal...? and there was an ad for a "Metal heads dating service" on the top of the page. (I haven't been there, honest)
So weird.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Good morning!

I'm super excited at the moment, because last night, I bought a new mattress! Ooooooooooh!
My current mattress is maybe 12cm high, has a huge dent in the middle, and can't be flipped over.
This neewwww one!! Is 32cm high... still can't be flipped over... but it's brand new, and doesn't have a giant human-shaped dent in the middle. And I can't wait to sleep on it.

ZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzZZzzzzZzZzzzz

*does the super happy "Good Night Sleep!!!" dance*

I've also somehow been doing a lot of writing lately; have done 9400 words in the past week, and I'm really happy with how it's turning out. And I just wanted to share a bit from my chapter if anyone was interesting in reading it!

(even if there's no context)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The tiniest sliver of relief began to flourish as Alexandria gained awareness of the horseman’s humanity, his inept faltering imparting a small hope within her heart as she realised he was not the monster she had been taught to believe. The Magisters though… she allowed her eyes to travel from the floor and rise to what she thought to be a respectable height, and cautiously she examined the people she stood before; an assortment of men and women who wore identical black robes and intricate silver chains, the delicate silver wiring encasing perfectly spherical orbs of pure obsidian. They held a distinctive aura, a palpable danger that exuded from each individual in rhythmic waves, she could sense the threat they represented as clear as though she were a woodland critter evading a great predator, and her brief hope swiftly began to dissolve.

Look at me. Startled, she whipped her face upwards as a man’s gentle voice entered her thoughts and her eyes met those of the young man who stood at the head of the table. Appearing the least intimidating of the assembly, his softly freckled face smiled wryly as his deep brown eyes examined her thoroughly, his powerful will probed curiously at the edges of her mind as her anxiety began to diminish and her worries melted away. She stared into his eyes in a near complete entrancement, falling deeper into the depths of his warm gaze, until another presence crudely attempted to enforce its will upon her and she swiftly raised her mental defences, her gift forming as she sought protection.

Lord Magister Lena ran her pale blue eyes unhurriedly over the waif, unimpressed with the horseman’s acquisition. A thin and dirty peasant with not the slightest echo of power, unworthy of standing before her let alone the entire Council; clearly the horseman was in error. Weak. The castle will not suffer you.

Alexandria lifted her chin proudly as the thought from the lady Magister formed within her mind, her fear rapidly vanishing as her gift coursed through her body allowing her the insight to see into the unfolding scenario before her, and filled with a renewed determination she became aware of what was necessary to survive; she would live, ‘twould not be her blood used in this place.

Though it was painful, she wrenched her gaze from the captivating eyes of the young Magister and stared directly into those of the blonde woman, the tapestries upon the wall began to sway as a light energy manifested around her, and the green of her eyes glinted brightly as a sardonic grin appeared on her face. She was in control. Her eyes bore deeper into those of the petrified woman, and whispering menacingly, Alexandria’s soft voice rang out across the emptiness of the chamber.

“It is you who are mistaken.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*squishee hugs for all!!!*
🌷😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊🌷

edit on 1 5 2017 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Synchronicity?

What's with the dating ads thing? I get them too.
Date Beautiful Russian Women! Date Beautiful Asian Women! Date Beautiful Muslim Women! There are plenty of fish the sea (40+)!

???

Trying to figure out where the analytics engines are getting the impression I'm an eligible 40+ bachelor...?

I suppose they're half right... *shrug*
Pass a donut?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Mornin' kaelci! Ooo...story to read...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hey, gorgeous!! *squishies*

How wonderful to hear your good news! I absolutely detest my mattress, it's hard and I'm sure there's a pea lodged under it!

Your story was...ridiculously fabulous. I am not worthy of being on the same page as you and Shep, sheez! You guys have mastered these EPIC stories, and I do so enjoy them. Bravo.

Shep...I get the ads for dating Asian women, etc. too. I swear nobody on my laptop goes to dating sites, it's so weird. It's either that or colostomy pouches after searching for products for my friend. All in all it's rather amusing I suppose.
*passes donut*

edit on 1-5-2017 by jacygirl because: How rude, forgot to *pass donut*

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hi Jacy, Hi Sir Shep!

I get the ads too. It's funny though, I never had any dating advertisements at all until one day I decided I would try and learn how to read/speak Russian. I visited ONE language-learning website. Next thing I know all of these Russian womenfolk desire me, and I should date one, TODAY!

Hmmm... I think I'm happy enough.

*huggle squishees for Jacy*

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

That's hilarious! The ads they send me aren't very attractive, I haven't been "wow'ed" yet, hehe...

A few years ago a new factory was being built locally, and the company is Japanese. I thought it would be a great advantage to learn Japanese, and get an office job being bilingual.
I found a site that had a few beginner phrases...and honestly, it was so difficult I cried. (such a weenie!)
I never got any Japanese dating ads though. Yet.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Okay, this should have it's own thread...but I already wrote a thread today so I'm putting it here for you guys.

I saw this commercial on tv last night, and thought I was hallucinating or something. I swear, nothing is sacred anymore.

I #$%! you not, presenting...V.I.Poo

jacy (yes, I'm actually signing my name to this!)

edit on 1-5-2017 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

OMG, that commercial stinks. lol I don't see this one making it's way to my town anytime soon.
edit on 5 1 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

Corrections, my mom has already seen this commercial.
edit on 5 1 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Oh sorry guys! Decided to get things done around the house as I was too aggravated to wait around for miracles so I could post.

Hi Kaelci! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Jacy, I think ours is called something different, but we have that around here too. Busy and multitasking, but popping in and out.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Oh it looks like I missed all the excitement! OK, I will get caught up and be back shortly

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join