It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Martin75

Nup ! Thank goodness !

21c. Today - nice Autumnal weather @

How's your Spring coming on ?

( BLOODY VIRUS ) I'll understand if you have'nt noticed.

The sun has actually made an appearance this year! Woohoo!!!!
WynCry is about to kill me! URG!

I don't wanna brag....and have waited to do so. BUT I'm going to now.

I had my data center ready! Jess was prepared and ready to take this on. I just didn't have to because I had already done the work. I am applying new patches to the 250+ servers that I maintain but mine were good. I had already put the patch into place.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Multiple kudos points .. your way Marty !!

To the masses saved !

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Thank you! I must say, I take this one with pride!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

*waves*
Morning, Admin!
Our datacenter was secured too - but I didn't have anything to do with it. LOL Great job - this was a nasty bug.

Hi Timely!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Morning Shep! Class is over so I get to get caught up on Falling! Woohoo!!! Hope to hit it this evening. Thanks yeah it was a bugger of a bug. I'm just glad they didn't get that much money. You should never pay.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Awesome - my main Bible study is over for the summer so I have more time to write. Which is good - there are a whole slew of [*INC*] markings in my plot outline coming up here! LOL

I have been pretty lucky with viruses & stuff. I'm careful to have anti-virus on my machines, and I'm pretty good with computers so I have even been able to remove them on occasion as long as Symantec or one of the other giants has some instructions for me to work with. But I've never dealt with ransomware, luckily, and don't want to. ICK

So, my ISP gives out Norton AV for DSL subscribers. They were doing "database maintenance" and ended up canceling the Norton subscriptions for a bunch of their customers, including me. I have called in 3 times now and each time they've had me uninstall/reinstall it, but 2 days later poof it's canceled again. They finally gave me a new key so hopefully it will work today. But I find it amusing now that I for the time being I'm running MS Win Defender, Bitdefender, AND Norton. Strangely enough they do not seem to be conflicting with each other. Might continue to keep that going unless I notice performance problems.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Bitdefender seems to be a good one. It is one I use also, along with MalwareBytes, Symantac, and WebRoot.
Funny thing about this one. The udpates saved you not the virus protections. I think Bitdefender saved a few because of the way it detects but if you had your windows patches in place you should have been safe.

Woohoo, more story line? Oh what perfect timing!!! I will be needing something to read as I sit in the hallways of WVU waiting on Paul. Actually, I might just save them up. That actually might be a very good idea to pass the time. Thanks Shep!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Malwarebytes - I've used that to clean some stuff off my dad's computer. Ever find that as someone who works in I.T. you automatically become I.T. Helpdesk/Support for your entire family?

Haven't heard of WebRoot. I'll have to check that one out.

Yes, should be more story coming up. Soon we get a chapter from a new perspective - Prince Taarvaes. He shares a memory with someone that shows how Gaalen got a few more of those scars. And, there's a surprise coming up very soon - an unexpected arrival in Avaanse. After that, all sorts of ges'etaaken dung will hit the proverbial fan. Play time is over.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Awww Crappie, that was so sweet of you.

We may not always see eye to eye, but I got your back forever now girl.
I was worried about you too, that cell was pretty big and nasty. How did you fair?

We got it rather late ,the wind had died down thank God and it cooled off significantly, so I knew we were in the clear concerning tornadoes. A little heavy hale and lots off rain and scattered thunder.

originally posted by: crappiekat
Been watching these storms. Thankfully for me, they have pretty much passed.
But WIS might be in the middle of it right now. I'm gonna try and stick around until I know she's ok.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Alright Sheddites - gotta get ready & head out for a bit. I'll be back on in a couple hours.

a reply to: WalkInSilence

Glad you & Ms. Kat are OK, WIS. Those storms were pretty much south and east of me, so we got by up here with just some rain. But I was watching the severe storm & tornado warnings on the radars last night.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: crappiekat
She'd better be ok! I'm sending a dragon out her way in case she needs a lift out of there. They can fly in just about any kind of weather.

You girls are too sweet, I am fine, and now I know why the dogs were so upset. They must have seen the dragon. Had I known he was coming I would have offered him something. A silver spoon perhaps?
Have a grand day every one

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Glad to see your ok.

When those winds pick up, it makes me nervous.

www.startribune.com...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat
Mornin' Kat.

Lived in MN most of my life - I've seen more than one storm that made me concerned for my house.
Watched a tornado skate past my family's lake cabin once - that was a little scary but I could tell it was not going to hit us, plus the cabin has a storm shelter. Seen straight-line winds take a chunk off an apartment building and lift it clear up over the building and drop it on the other side. Had a nasty hail storm in Bloomington once - cars totaled, one woman came into the store I was working in all bloody from cuts and holding her arm which had taken a direct hit from a golf-ball size hailstone.

The craziest was the '87 superstorm, though. My dad & I were racing the flash-floods on 494 in Bloomington while trying to get home in the south suburbs of the Twin Cities - water pooled under several of the bridges because the storm drainage wasn't sufficient. We were lucky we got through and home. That storm created 8-10' deep pools under some of those bridges later that night - the storm sewer system was completely overwhelmed.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Timely, between the pixies and Jacy, I wouldn't be taking all the donuts without replacing them if I were you.

Congrats Jess! I knew you could handle the patches! Well done!
Thanks for starting the donut machine, we don't need angry pixies flying around!

Hello Shep! Looking forward to more story time.

Hi Wis! Glad to see you are ok!

Hello Kitty Kat, how's the kitten?

I'm zombified at the moment and need more coffee. Going out for lunch and groceries and what-not later. I should get dressed first.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How the hell did a bee that size get in my house????????
Damned thing must have been armor plated or something! Someone hold me, I'm scared!
I swear I looked just like the gif below!

edit on 17-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Wasn't really a bee, Night. It was a small garden dragon in disguise, didn't you know?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'm telling you I know my dragons, that was no dragon! It was a nightmare! I'm still scared.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

HA! That pic was hilarious with the Falling episode, it's still funny here.

BTW, Night - I posted a Cast of Characters for Falling if you want to head over there and take a look.

I realized, um, you're right, I've created a LOT of people in this story. I don't even think that's a completely full list...EEK

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Bahaha! I get confused easy.

Have to run and won't be back until tonight. Have a great day Hun!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Giant bees sure can be a problem, can't they?

Good day to everyone.

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join