It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Soap Ad Features Transgender Mom, Facebook Censors Critics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Go on lamenting about your identity, slapping people in the mouth when they confuse you for a man in a dress.

Unlike you, who will merely continue to lament about the lamentation of others hiding behind a keyboard?

Pfft.

(post by RainbowPhoenix removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Go on lamenting about your identity, slapping people in the mouth when they confuse you for a man in a dress.

Unlike you, who will merely continue to lament about the lamentation of others hiding behind a keyboard?

Pfft.

I bet we're speaking about your own projections, which is a common occurrence.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You can do what you want, including calling yourself a woman despite the obvious.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am a liberal and it doesn't surprise me that Facebook censors certain speech. I can understand that they censor and ban trolls (like this one seems to be and like how ATS takes care of them) but the other speech? That doesn't surprise me. What is surprising is that you even care. I mean come on there are other ways to express your free speech. I'd be shocked if Youtube censors that.

In other word this is a non-issue.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You can do what you want, including calling yourself a woman despite the obvious.

Actually if you were to look at me you would probably make the obvious conclusion that I am a woman based on my appearance. Just like all the guys that hit on me until I'm honest with them about my birth history came to an obvious conclusion without being informed. Hell I've even had guys that had never considered being with a Trans woman interested but I figure that's just on account of my awesomeness!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I'll take your word for it. I don't doubt your awesomeness, and I'm thankful you're honest about your birth history.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
People lamenting for hatred and vitriol.

What a world we live in.

Good on Facebook.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Pfft.

I bet we're speaking about your own projections, which is a common occurrence.

Don't bet much on it.

We're talking about 90% of your posts, which are nothing more than whining about the whining of others.

As you've demonstrated here so aptly.

Perhaps you can explain to us how someone else's gender identity affects you in any way?

Have you been catfished one too many times or something?
edit on 18-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I would bet on it.

Someone's gender identity doesn't affect me, and I never claimed otherwise. As is evidenced by my posts, what concerns me is violence against speech and thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I would bet on it.

Someone's gender identity doesn't affect me, and I never claimed otherwise. As is evidenced by my posts, what concerns me is violence against speech and thought.

Violence against speech? Pfft.

You're continually arguing, berating, and whining about what you conceive as the whining or complaints of others. If you really believed in free speech, you wouldn't need to comment on their speech, nor would you need to constantly bemoan their positions.

You're regularly participating in what you claim to dislike ... rather hypocritical, eh?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I'll still buy Dove, it has excellent moisturizer properties compared to others and I like the smell. Mark Dice is a tool, he has the worst persona on YT and although I enjoy some of his vids, he's getting tiring very quickly these days.

As to the Ad, I see that once again no female dwarfs were represented in the "all the mums" thing - this is bigoted and intolerant of the Dove marketing department, but at least it's good to see that they are trying to incorporate every demographic.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

To be fair, dialogue is what its all about. He is saying he prefers the pen over the sword, and would prefer that for humanity.

I can't find a reason to argue against him in that regard. I think you just didn't agree with what he said. You should argue against that instead, as at least that gives you something reasonable to argue against.

FWIW.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I would bet on it.

Violence against speech? Pfft.

You're continually arguing, berating, and whining about what you conceive as the whining or complaints of others. If you really believed in free speech, you wouldn't need to comment on their speech, nor would you need to constantly bemoan their positions.

You're regularly participating in what you claim to dislike ... rather hypocritical, eh?

If I really believed in free speech, I wouldn't need to comment on their speech? It sounds like you have a bunch of monkeys working around the clock in there.

I fully support criticism. Yes, it is possible to criticize another's criticism with speech. Imagine that. It looks like we squared another circle for you.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

To be fair, dialogue is what its all about. He is saying he prefers the pen over the sword, and would prefer that for humanity.

I can't find a reason to argue against him in that regard. I think you just didn't agree with what he said. You should argue against that instead, as at least that gives you something reasonable to argue against.

FWIW.

And I thank you for the counsel, and in general terms, you are mostly correct.

However, in the context of whom I'm addressing, my experience is and has been that they use dialogue as a weapon in an attempt to repress or at the very least oppress any view that opposes theirs ... which, in the context of their supposed position (anything opposing free speech is wrong) is hypocritical.

You could just have easily have cited the other poster for a meta-critique of my commentary ... but you chose not to.

I wonder why?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Dialogue as a weapon? I use dialogue as dialogue, actually. There goes that projection again. Your weapons are as dull as a spoon.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It can't be stressed how often people ignore this point. Freedom of Speech ONLY (I cannot stress this word enough) applies to the government infringing it. Everything else is open game.

Facebook is not a government entity, correct.

Facebook is, however, doing the bidding of a certain previous administration by acting as an unregulated intermediary, censoring posts and posters who do not tow the line of the progressive ideology and the leading figures who represent that ideology.

It's the circumvention of freedoms via the use of corporate aristocracy. And this is just one example out of many in the case of Facebook.

But thank you, and your surrogates, so much, for your stellar contribution to the subject being discussed here today.

Your opinions are both valid and cherished in the spirit of open debate.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

LOL ... well, perhaps you should set those imagined monkeys to work on actually repeating my argument.

Here ... I'll break it down for you.

How many of your comments on here address not the underpinning issues regarding what others say, but how you choose to INTERPRET what they say ... for example, as you feebly tried to do with my assertion.

If you were the "free speech" advocate you claim to be ... the sum total of your commentary would amount to "I support your right to speak your mind and opinion."

Whining isn't criticism. Neither is the logically fallacious nincompoopery that passes in your snotty affectations.

"We" ... you're speaking in the royal plural now? LOL. Aren't you cute.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Dialogue as a weapon? I use dialogue as dialogue, actually. There goes that projection again. Your weapons are as dull as a spoon.

You use dialogue as dialogue? Do you use tautological nonsense as tautological nonsense as well?

You attempts to insult quantify exactly what I'm citing you with. Your insipid acts of ad hominem are nothing more than a ploy.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's all find and dandy but never going to happen unless one dominate force conquers and unites all nations under one flag and enforces civility with repercussions so dire that no one dare step out of line. Hmm what does that scenario sound like (looking at you religious folks) Until then humans gonna human and fighting one another over differences is just a part of humanity. You'd have to be a robot or a complete pu**y to never 100% ever in your lifetime be so offended by something as to want to punch the offender square in the mouth. It's just an unrealistic expectation, all but the most broken of us have emotions that can be very twisted by the words of others.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join