It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Soap Ad Features Transgender Mom, Facebook Censors Critics

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

You're right. It would be like 1984 if the government forced companies to act in adherence with their wishes. Thank god that's not the case and companies can more or less act independently from government oversight.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Freedom of speech means being able to say what you want about something, in this case transgendered folk, and when you want to say it, whether it is politically correct, offensive, or not.

Period.

Someone doesn't understand free speech. It most definitely IS NOT what you posted. The right to free speech is, and only is, the right to gather, and speak out against the government without the fear of arrest or other reprisal from the government. That's it. The end.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Did someone say 1984?

I cannot fathom that you are understanding what is happening here.

Have you ever had a post removed on ATS? If so, its because ATS doesn't allow "free speech" anymore than FB does. Im sure you realize this.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
lol such a huge swath of the population is transmother.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Facebook is not a government entity, correct.

Facebook is, however, doing the bidding of a certain previous administration by acting as an unregulated intermediary, censoring posts and posters who do not tow the line of the progressive ideology and the leading figures who represent that ideology.

It's the circumvention of freedoms via the use of corporate aristocracy. And this is just one example out of many in the case of Facebook.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

What an A-hole this commentator is, I had to turn the volume off because his voice was annoying. Sounded like Rush Limbaugh. lol

Labels actually mean very little, but if someone wants to identity as Emo and they are loving, kind, compassionate and caring who are we to judge.

I'd rather have the youth identify with someone like this transgender, then 90% of the A-holes in Washington DC, or people in power.

And since FB is private held they can censor anyone they wish, especially douch-bags like this.

edit on 18-4-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So you only believe in free speech if it is in opposition to a government?

Should I have the right to speak freely about something the government doesn't have a position on?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Gryphon66

The interesting thing is that just a few days ago neo wanted Facebook to be held responsible for giving Stephens a platform to host his video and not censoring it fast enough. Now he's calling Facebook Nazis and claiming they're in violation of the First Amendment for censoring a user.

I'm starting to wonder if Mark Zuckerberg ran over his dog.

This is a very good point.

According to some, Facebook should be held liable for any/everything any/everyone posts on Facebook. But at the same time, Facebook shouldn't censor comments because it's fascist in nature.

.... can't have it both ways.

Rove certainly "triggered the triggerables." Look at how many snowflakes are butthurt because of a TV advertisement lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

One day we will be able to look back at these commercials and laugh at our own stupidity.

Or cry depending on the outcome.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You're free to speak about whatever you want. However, you're only protected from repercussions from the government. If you say something on here that goes against ATS' T&C then they can delete your post, suspend you, ban you, or outright delete any trace of you ever even being a member and they would be well within their rights to do so.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

What an A-hole this commentator is, I had to turn the volume off because his voice was annoying. Sounded like Rush Limbaugh. lol

Labels actually mean very little, but if someone wants to identity as Emo and they are loving, kind, compassionate and caring who are we to judge.

I'd rather have the youth identify with someone like this transgender, then 90% of the A-holes in Washington DC, or people in power.

And since FB is private held they can censor anyone they wish, especially douch-bags like this.

I dont have a problem with labels choose whatever you want. What i do have a problem with is labelling me. If im not attracted to a chick with a D**k that doesnt make me homophobic or anything else for that matter. It just means like everyone on the planet i have a preference on things. This world is so busy worrying about labels as to distract us from the important things like living your life.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Someone doesn't understand free speech. It most definitely IS NOT what you posted. The right to free speech is, and only is, the right to gather, and speak out against the government without the fear of arrest or other reprisal from the government. That's it. The end.

Utterly and tragically false. There is a difference between the principle of free speech and the laws that are designed to protect it.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You're right. It would be like 1984 if the government forced companies to act in adherence with their wishes. Thank god that's not the case and companies can more or less act independently from government oversight.
Facebook is well known to be monitored by alphabet agencies. Everyone knows Facebook censors posters, especially conservatives.
It's just a more subtle interface than in the book by George Orwell and it apoears as of its just a private company. It's pretty well known that Zuckerberg is liberal and I believe I read also it's not his real name and there's a CT that he is related to Rockefeller. So there's at least a Globalist front.
edit on 18-4-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Did someone say 1984?

I cannot fathom that you are understanding what is happening here.

Have you ever had a post removed on ATS? If so, its because ATS doesn't allow "free speech" anymore than FB does. Im sure you realize this.
Please see my post to XCalibur

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Only Facebook? What makes you think ATS isn't monitored by alphabet agencies? Or any site for that matter.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

In this day and age pretty much every site is monitored by any number of intelligence agencies from across the globe. And Facebook is free to censor whoever they want. It's their company. You agreed to their terms. If you don't like it you can leave. If enough people don't like it and leave then that hurts their profits and they're either forced to change their practices or become obsolete. A clear cut example of that whole capitalism/free market thing that conservatives like to go on and on about.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I think you were better before the edit, for sure.

If you want the CIA out of FB, then we need to put the leash back on them. I doubt itll happen, and if it does the US will end up overrun with Russian propaganda instead.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Free speech is for everyone or no one. Your choice. While I think the ad is stupid as is the idea of "transgender" in general, using it as a basis for stifling free speech is pretty ignorant. If you think Trump's election was a one time event you are sadly mistaken. Sanity is taking back America...and I'll do a simple little thing.

My family (and you are welcome to join us) is simply not going to use that Unilever's products any longer. Here is a list if you wish to boycott them: BOYCOTT Unilever!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It's pretty well known that Rupert Murdoch is a conservative. I've also read that he's a shapeshifting lizard-man. So there's at least a Death to All Humans front.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The Right: Ivanka may be Trump's chief advisor and a warmonger but that doesn't give you the right to boycott her company.

Also the Right: Dove published an ad with a transgender person it. DEATH TO DOVE AND EVERY COMPANY ASSOCIATED WITH IT!!!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join