It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Soap Ad Features Transgender Mom, Facebook Censors Critics

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Free speech doesn't apply to corporations, e.g. this site doesn't have to provide you with free speech and neither does FaceBook. Now if it was the govt censoring speech then you have a case but you don't have a case here.

Stop using FaceBook if you want to stick it to them but don't cry about free speech on the internet or when it applies to corporations.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yet, corporations have a right to free speech, freedom of religion, etc.

Isn't that odd now?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Vasa Croe

For this TG to call himself a mom is a slap in the face to actual mom's.

That's like saying that a woman who adopted children when she herself couldn't get preggy calling herself mom is an insult to the actual mothers.

I can tell you from experience that there is much more confusion with children about this than there is divorce.

That's an anecdote.

I understand people wanting to teach it being ok for same sex partners to adopt or be artificially inseminated, but to impress that way of life and culture on a child is wrong.

Do you say the same for Fundamentalist Christians? Indoctrinating children with religions is not natural.

No, it isn't like a woman who can't get pregnant. Show me a study where a woman and a TG have the same feelings or brainwaves in response to children.

And an anecdote? So, all of the studies of children growing up without a father figure being more likely to go to jail are incorrect?

Religion is retarded. I abhor religion in the sense that there is some almighty creator. Each one thinks they are right. Good luck with that!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Show me a study where a woman and a TG have the same feelings or brainwaves in response to children.

I don't know about that. I don't think they did a study on that? Anyway there are plenty of researches on TG and they mostly point to TG brains being the actual opposite sex.

So, all of the studies of children growing up without a father figure being more likely to go to jail are incorrect?

What does that have to do with TGs with children?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

For this TG to call himself a mom is a slap in the face to actual mom's. The commercial even hashtags it.

Even wholesome, family friendly, Full House knew that one didn't need to be a woman to be a mom. Hell, they went so far as to claim that a person didn't even need to be related to you to be considered a mom. And that was 20+ years ago. A mother is one thing but mom is more or less a social construct.

I have been around plenty of gay/lesbian/TG folks in Atlanta and had plenty of interaction with children of same sex/TG parents. I can tell you from experience that there is much more confusion with children about this than there is divorce.

Well then that doesn't mesh with the studies. They show that in many cases children from LGBT+ families are products of a more loving home environment and turn out to be at least as well adjusted as their hetero parent counterparts. The ones that really suffer are those that grow up in a single parent environment.

Simply put...it is not natural. Anyone that disputes this is welcome to point out how it is. Humans were built male and female for a reason.

Actually it is natural. Transgenderism is caused by brain chemistry/physiology. You can argue against this point all you want but you'd be wrong.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Free speech doesn't apply to corporations, e.g. this site doesn't have to provide you with free speech and neither does FaceBook. Now if it was the govt censoring speech then you have a case but you don't have a case here.

Please see my post on page 5.

Stop using FaceBook if you want to stick it to them but don't cry about free speech on the internet or when it applies to corporations.

Please see my OP, I've never had a facebook.

Although, I did used to have this book that contained all the skinned faces of my victims, but that's a different kind of 'face book.'

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Show me a study where a woman and a TG have the same feelings or brainwaves in response to children.

I don't know about that. I don't think they did a study on that? Anyway there are plenty of researches on TG and they mostly point to TG brains being the actual opposite sex.

So, all of the studies of children growing up without a father figure being more likely to go to jail are incorrect?

What does it have to do with it? The commercial is about a couple who had a child then the dad became TG....so no father figure and even more confusion.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
One underling truth is that we all need soap.

This guy is loving being a martyr

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

What does it have to do with it? The commercial is about a couple who had a child then the dad became TG....so no father figure and even more confusion.

That is just your opinion. If you gave me statistics and studies then maybe I'll take you seriously. Besides children are very accepting anyway. Divorces are way worse.
And what about lesbians who look like big men?

edit on 4/18/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Very good point.

The same people who want corporations to be people don't like this

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I transitioned to female beginning in my late teens and changed my name in my early 20s, over ten years ago. But it wasn't right for me; I feel only discontent now in the female role. I was told that my transgender feelings were permanent, immutable, physically deep-seated in my brain and could NEVER change, and that the only way I would ever find peace was to become female. The problem is, I don't have those feelings anymore. When I began seeing a psychologist a few years ago to help overcome some childhood trauma issues, my depression and anxiety began to wane but so did my transgender feelings. So two years ago I began contemplating going back to my birth gender, and it feels right to do so. I have no doubts--I want to be male!

We have been told sex reassignment surgery is successful. The advocates say that regret is rare, and that 98 percent of surgeries are successful. While that figure might be true for surgical complications, before we accept a narrative of surgical success we should consider the evidence. To evaluate success or failure, we need to go beyond the mechanical skill of the surgeon to examine the emotional and psychological wholeness of the patient afterwards—and not just in the first few months, but in the years to come.

Transgender advocates have worked to create a false narrative, hoodwinking the world into believing that no one ever has regrets from a surgical change of gender. They say the transgender ideology they promote is harmless, safe, even beneficial. But what happens when we dismiss the rhetoric, look at the research, and apply basic critical thinking? We see the reports of success fade and those of regret rise.

Twelve years ago, The Guardian reported that a review of more than 100 international medical studies of post-operative transgender patients by the University of Birmingham Aggressive Research Intelligence Facility found “no robust scientific evidence that gender reassignment surgery is clinically effective . . . Research from the US and Holland suggests that up to a fifth of patients regret changing sex.”

www.thepublicdiscourse.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

In other words since there are few TGs who regretted the decision ALL of them must secretly regret it or will regret later.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: JDmOKI

As a "man of science" you may want to understand the difference between sex and gender.

/shrug

There isn't one. What people are trying to tell us is 'gender' is actually 'body image' or 'personal feeling.'

Gender always has, and will continue to alway be synonymous with sex.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

gen·der
ˈjendər/
noun
noun: gender; plural noun: genders

the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Actually it is natural. Transgenderism is caused by brain chemistry/physiology. You can argue against this point all you want but you'd be wrong.

Sure it's natural. That does not make their perceptions normal nor equivalent.

I have synesthesia. I see colors when I look at numbers and some letters. My perception of the world is different from any other person on this planet. My synesthesia comes from my unique neural cross-linking that formed most likely in my mother's womb.

Just because my perception is natural does not mean it is normal. I am a deviation from the norm.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Mark Dice has the same right to rant as the rest of us. At least he rants in a fairly civil manner, as opposed to some of the more hateful folk I've seen on the internet ranting about the same subject.

Mark Dice should put whatever he is reading closer to the camera, so we at least get the illusion he is speaking to the camera. Other than that, I don't see a problem. He has an opinion. Mine is different. So what?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The Right: Ivanka may be Trump's chief advisor and a warmonger but that doesn't give you the right to boycott her company.

Also the Right: Dove published an ad with a transgender person it. DEATH TO DOVE AND EVERY COMPANY ASSOCIATED WITH IT!!!!

In my opinion...anyone can boycott anything they wish. Capitalism! It weeds out the failures.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

When i was younger the common slippery slope argument of "what next, are people going to want to legalize sex with animals?", which is a ridiculous question.

But I think that "transpecies" is something that is burgeoning. I have no idea why, i have no read anything relating to the psychology of it. I saw a bit on facebook about it. And know a lady whose kid is weird like that too (shes a racoon, i think). My youngest son knows her (and hates her for her weirdness....he's a bit of a jerk though, for what its worth). It is fairly uncanny to be faced with absurd notions cum reality.

Technology will likely blur the gap, with depersonalization probably being the end result. We will no longer need to worry about gender and species if we don't really have a home in meatspace to begin with.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

gen·der
ˈjendər/
noun
noun: gender; plural noun: genders

the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

Yay for using a recent lib-source dictionary. I have one from 1982 before all this insanity began.

A set of two or more categories (as masculine, feminine or neutral) into which words are divided according to sex, animation, or some other characteristic, and that determine agreements with or the selection of modifiers, referents, or grammatical forms.

One category of such a set.

The classification of a word or grammatical form in such a category

Classification of sex

American Heritage Dictionary

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: JDmOKI

As a "man of science" you may want to understand the difference between sex and gender.

/shrug

There isn't one. What people are trying to tell us is 'gender' is actually 'body image' or 'personal feeling.'

Gender always has, and will continue to alway be synonymous with sex.

In your opinion.

Many disagree with your opinion including the AMA, APA, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join