It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you bring back the ATS chat room?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i got lucky thanks to that chat. With a human female even.
Good times

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Yes. She was a very smart young girl, very innocent and trusting having grown up in the network of ATS members as did my Children. Some changes came as the site grew and there were always people or members we watched out for having known of them from a very early age. They usually hung out in the below section and tuned into homework help, music, loving pets, youthful discussions about things they had interest in rather than the no holds barred sections and forums of adult content and serious discussion topics. I am not complaining about the growth and direction of ATS, just thinking (means nothing in reality) that the end came shortly after this young member was spoken to in a disrespectful way. This is only one reason why the chat was shut down imho, there were major changes to the forums at that time as well and bandwidth was an issue early on in my memory.

As far as the outside chat rooms some members tried to create, were not accepted by people such as myself because I just didnt want to go to an outside source for chat. For me, ATS was safe and if ever there was a problem ATS would protect members and keep our computers safe from problems, not all of us are computer savvy or knowledgeable.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If the chat room was brought back, they'd need to relax their rules on insults and fracked lingo. Cause if there wasn't, i'd be in trouble.
edit on 21-4-2017 by Neith because: ##$^&$@

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I second this motion! A chat room would be fantastic.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There were some fun days. The best part about it was there was ATS T and C applied, so you felt safe, if anyone got stupid they got booted or banned.
We had some brilliant Radio listener conversation in there too.
Now it would be nothing political trolling, I wouldn't go in there.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I went onto chat a few times before it closed down, I really enjoyed it but I found it too fast and I couldn't tell the conversations apart. Personally i'd definitely partake if it was reactivated - #ed if I'd know how to effectively communicate though....

ETA: I know, we need to follow the same analytics as a normal thread so folks would have to weigh-in on a particular chat 'room' so to speak. A chat live-page would be a perfect compliment for it, imo.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I loved the chat room. Members got to know each other on a more personal level, the atmosphere was chilled and plenty of laughs were had. I spent lots of hours in there.

No matter what disagreements happened on the forums it was never brought into the chatroom. We also had the opportunity to chat with mods in there too.

Yes bring back our chat room. Make it happen.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
YESSS! I LOVED chat!!! It's how I stayed up to date on topics and members! Oh I miss late night chats with everyone!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
I loved the chat room. Members got to know each other on a more personal level, the atmosphere was chilled and plenty of laughs were had. I spent lots of hours in there.

No matter what disagreements happened on the forums it was never brought into the chatroom. We also had the opportunity to chat with mods in there too.

DOOBY!! YES we had fun times in chat! It would be so nice if it came back. Do you remember Mutter? LOL I liked that as well but chat was much better!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: doobydoll

DOOBY!! YES we had fun times in chat! It would be so nice if it came back. Do you remember Mutter? LOL I liked that as well but chat was much better!

Blah-blah!! lol.

Gosh yes I remember.

I think we spent more time in the chatroom than on the forums lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If you guys are so supportive of a chatroom, make the financial resources available to ATS.

Nothing in life is free.

A lot of you could make one time gifts , as such a project would require up front money as well, the provider, more than likely will want a contract to provide such a service and that will have to be met on a monthly bases.

What is Good Faith ?

" In law, the phrase “good faith” refers to a requirement to act honestly and to keep one’s promises without taking unfair advantage of others or holding others to an impossible standard. "

Buck

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I have been with ATS since 2004. The chat room was usually busy. There were interesting people and great conversations sometimes.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahree

spill your guts, don't worry about those frigid crazy ppl telling you NO.

Run, Faster! noooo Faster.......

edit on 29-4-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Should bring back the chat, but it should also give you a mild electrical shock every 3 seconds while using it.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
All chat ever did for me was get me in trouble & post banned a few times....

But it was fun!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neith
If the chat room was brought back, they'd need to relax their rules on insults and fracked lingo. Cause if there wasn't, i'd be in trouble.

No chance, the mods would just kick you from the chat room within seconds lol.

Zero tolerance of abuse/inappropriate conversations/expletives/etc were the fundamental rules in chat, and the mods applied them unwaveringly. It's the reason I liked the chatroom so much, you could have a pleasant civilised conversation or enjoy laughs/jokes/funny stories, all free of vileness and trolling thanks to the mods.

Many pushed their luck as I recall lol, and many were kicked.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Are any of the Gods upstairs even listening to us?

What if we sacrificed a family sized Kit Kat Bar?

***Maybe even a virtual Hot Tub?***

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
I miss the old chat. The yahoo chatrooms were great too. Seems everybody got cold feet and dropped the whole chatrooms thing.

I spent many many hours on yahoo chat...went to two parties where everyone would meet face to face... great times and many great memories.

It was the user created rooms that got Yahoo chat shut down...like older men looking for young girls...it simply went too far.
edit on R462017-05-05T19:46:31-05:00k465Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I miss the chat room as well. It was, chat worthy.

edit on 2-9-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I know, I know... SO et al were not fans of chat.. and I recall that was mainly due to the service they used were completely inept and borderline scoundrels. But, I find it difficult to grasp with the amount of membership base that not only utilized and maintained behavior within T&Cs, but thoroughly enjoyed that particular platform, that an alternative has yet to come to fruition.

The 'real-time' aspect of discussion on various topics (not to mention when ATS Live was a thing) combined with just having an area for general chit chat with other members or when real time events were occurring, was (for me), one of the mainstays that set this site apart from any other.

Not to mention, the relationships that I made within said chat that I am no longer able to maintain as easily, is what made this site "100" (as the kids say these days).

Why, pray tell... in the days of FB Live e.g. ...have we not implemented chat back into the fray of ATS?

There are enough cookie cutter PHP scripts these days that could be implemented with minimal effort being that you already have a DB in place...

SO... Springer... Simon... Mods... can we ressurect Chat please?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join