It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you bring back the ATS chat room?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Haha. Whats the password!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Snarl

Haha. Whats the password!

LOL ... you think they'd trust me with That!!??

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Use youtube

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
That place where Yuppa was polite and well mannered most of the time, Narcoleptic Buddha slept most of the time and Kali and I never argued political views? Why would anyone what that back? Even Advantage and I causally discussed spot prices of Prestone stock, which only confused people to no end...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
i was POLITE? what heresey is this?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Has anybody thought of hosting an independent chatroom set up for ATS users? We really don't need the ATS staff to create a chatroom in order for us to convene in one online, though I am in favor of this idea if the ATS staff is capable of implementing it.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I've offered up my chat server only about 20 times. I have no problem with it. But it is IRC... which many people don't know how to use, and which the moderators have been staunchly against for several years....

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Why would they be against it?

Does it violate the T&C somehow?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

NIKE !

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I don't know. There are plenty of web based irc clients available that I could link to the server. We'll have to wait and hear from a mod or SO/Springer.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

What is springer?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

One of the Three Amigos that are the owners of ATS:

Springer
Simon Gray
Skeptic Overlord

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It´s so you can´t harvest IP adresses from ATS users, Mr. self proclaimed hacker. Obvious attempt is obvious...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Now with the new donation addition, seems it would be a good idea to bring the feature back. It was AWESOME, I remember so many great conversations with members, getting live coverage in private of events worldwide such as tornadoes, earth quakes and the like. I even planned many a friday night in to just kick back after a hard work week to spend quality time being entertained by the serious discussions and the joking around.

Man I miss the chat! Mods could you imagine not having a private area to talk with other Mods? How would it feel if that just dissapeared one day? Same feeling.

Anyway regardless of the reasons behind the shut down I wish that we could bring it in some form back.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If you have to login with the ATS username, abuse would be minimized.

XL5

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I remember ATS chat being just yahoo chat, just a bit more mature. Once a female enters the room, the vultures start putting on their unicorn costumes and start that *dances in circles thing. There were also cliques or at the very lest random outsiders seemed pushed to the side if they deviated from the "*dances" format. It also descended into dirty adult discussions, not that I have a problem with that as it was less random and if ATS has shareholders, that would be a big no-no. Not once did I see any ATS related discussion.

That said, chat would turn to political arguments pretty fast now I'd bet.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think towards the end a few new comers did some odd ball things but all in all it was a good experience, there were seperate rooms for different topics, that was cool and for the most part worked out well. There was also a feature where you could PM people during chat for private talks. The most negative thing was once I remember some bad attitudes got sexually rude with a young member. EVERYONE in chat jumped their ass for it as we knew this person although 18 was a very innocent sweet heart and the daughter of a SM.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

What is SM?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

super moderator

I believe

-Alee

new topics

top topics