It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Wisconsin-Madison offers free tampons in men’s bathrooms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Oh, I guess next they will install the little sanitary napkin disposals that go between the stalls, so the free tampons can be thrown away after use.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Next up: mens aftershave dispensers in the ladies locker room.

edit on 17-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And urinals.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Does this mean I can go find a local place of business, go into the men's room and if they don't have a tampon dispenser, I can sue for discrimination?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Does this mean I can go find a local place of business, go into the men's room and if they don't have a tampon dispenser, I can sue for discrimination?

Pretty much...... guess you are already ahead of the game?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

With Walmart you could go class action.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I get why they did it. But really don't know why they did it. I'm so confused.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I figure the student govt is trying to out lib the other colleges, or a complaint was filed and the Dean gave this to the student govt. And the student govt was stupid enough to take this on. I imagine the Dean laughed his butt off because he will be able to collect his huge $$$ with out making any decisions.

Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It could just be that the student government decided to be proactive and show how progressive they are and how much they don't hate on transgenders.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
1) Trans Students who currently identify as male (but actually have a vagina) will now have free access to tampons like NORMAL women.

2) Was this machine or whatever installed to ALL bathrooms? If not, why not?

3) If this was just a one time cost of a small machine and maintenance personnel time I don't have a problem with it.

4) At what point do we stop trying to make everything equal for all groups, no matter how small or how expensive in cost or time or resources?

5) My sister attended UW-Madison with the help of scholarships from her outstanding Valedictorian effort in HS.

6) We have family that live in Madison, and yes, they are flaming liberals, all of them.

7) I avoid the town like the plague.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"University of Wisconsin-Madison offers free tampons in men’s bathrooms "

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

So bloody what? Does it affect your life in any way, shape or form? NO IT DOES NOT - other than to give you another outlet to whinge about how the world doesn't fit into your narrow and limited view of how things should be.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I suppose you talk about only things that affect your life? Like commenting here, does this affect your life?

Did I even say it affected my life?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Some men have vaginas.

Yet it's conservative men who ironically get their collective panties in a twist over it.

Grow up, people.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Did I even say it affected my life?

Then what's your issue with it? Just feel like having another whinge do you?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

No, men do not have vaginas, sorry. If someone has a vagina they are in fact a women.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Seems how this post must be something that effects your life, I will answer you (but this won't affect my life). I see it as silly, but am a logical person and it is just a point of interest.
It seems like lots of other people on ATS (including) you are interested.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Seems how this post must be something that effects your life, I will answer you (but this won't affect my life). I see it as silly, but am a logical person and it is just a point of interest.
It seems like lots of other people on ATS (including) you are interested.

You can attempt to claim that it affects me until the cows come home, it will never make it true.

I think you're just backpedalling now that it's been pointed out that it has nothing to do with your life and that you only posted it to have a whinge about things that don't fit into your limited and narrow view of how the world should operate.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join