It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: ANTIFA Arrives AT Berkeley Event

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
(post by DrMescalito removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
People making this a free speech thing.

Would you prefer it if everyone just stayed at home? Of course you would, which is why they don't.
I guess protests are only good when they back your point of view.. who knew..

Who is trying to shut down free speech in this instance?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That's not what it's about. I mean they mostly blow off steam. People feel the need to have an impact and since there's next to no way to influence politics we get together to remind them, that
if safety is measured in the meters of the walls surrounding you
you're in prison.
Humans are violent, there are a lot of people (good people, nice, friendly...) who enjoy a fight now and than. Why not do it for a cause? That's the black Antifa hoodies. Old tradition by now.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The whole point of allowing these types of events is to create more confrontation and create more division.
Both gullible sides think they are exercising the 1st Amendment rights, when in reality they are playing the roles the taskmasters had already pre-planned.

These are exactly the same type of tactics we have used for the last fifty-sixty years to destabilize the civilian populations of many a foreign country. Young fools and few old ones as well.

Its very sad.

Buck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Trust me I know its all virtue signaling and maintaining the echo chamber on twitter.

I hope they keep it up I love watching videos of them getting punch in the face and looking shocked like WHAT? WHY ? HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

Shocked that people they attack fight back.

Seems like the women in antifa got more balls than the dudes.

Here's hoping the cup runneth over.

edit on 15-4-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Taggart
People making this a free speech thing.

Would you prefer it if everyone just stayed at home? Of course you would, which is why they don't.
I guess protests are only good when they back your point of view.. who knew..

Who is trying to shut down free speech in this instance?

How is it shutting down free speech? Is their speech not free?

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I politely disagree. Wearing a mask while taking an unpopular political stand can protect you from later attacks by individuals or by the government officials. Wearing a mask where pepper spray had already been released and where, given the atmosphere, one could reasonably expect more to be released has a practical positive affect. Wearing a mask in this situation, where your job or family relationships could be damaged or lost, is okay in my book. Lastly, it is a political statement, it is a rejection of the prevailing ethos, and it is a voluntary submission to a movement that you are indicating means more than your personal needs. I point out that people on both sides were doing so.

link   
a reply to: Lysergic

After edit: I enjoy watching too, but here in germany it's mostly the nazis getting bloody faces

edit on 15-4-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Heh, seems in America Antifa is on the loosing side,

not really nazis here

I could see there being more in germany considering its where they #ing started.

edit on 15-4-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
These antifa communist authoritarians do not want free speech.

These losers want to silence free speech. They do NOT have any right to do so and anyone who defends their censorship attempts as "free speech" ain't right in the head.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Basically, it's a gathering of a bunch of low-T, 20-something communists.

Losers.

Haha!
They should load a MOAB up with a bunch of androgel and just masculate the whole lot of them...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
The whole point of allowing these types of events is to create more confrontation and create more division.
Both gullible sides think they are exercising the 1st Amendment rights, when in reality they are playing the roles the taskmasters had already pre-planned.

These are exactly the same type of tactics we have used for the last fifty-sixty years to destabilize the civilian populations of many a foreign country. Young fools and few old ones as well.

Its very sad.

Buck

I disagree and here is why.

In a way you are right, but if we allow one side to get so extreme in their tactics against those they disagree with to sit back and do nothing, then what?

Of course you are right as far as all of us being played like flutes, however, should those of us who disagree with this PROGRESSion, sit back and do nothing?

We are all pawns in a game of chess and when we realize how those who orchestrated this, it will be to late anyways...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You misunderstood the concept of free speech. It includes saying "I am against you saying that"
Also gay black handicapped people can be a$$holes too....

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The irony of anti-fascists protesting a free speech rally proves they are anti-fascist in name only. But claiming the title and shouting slogans and being violent towards other views is enough of a substitute for reason that people would support it.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

Goes to show how divided as a country we are don't ya think?

Who promoted this kind of division and why is that should be the question we ALL should be contemplating?

You know I have supported you and your profession, yet which side seems to want me to think you are my enemy?

It's sad to see what the mass media in this country has done to people. Apparently I can't be a Communist AND support free speech AND our right to bare arms.

Hell just the other day I was explaining to my mother how I don't believe Assad gassed anyone and she basically called me a terrorist sympathizer who should move to Dearborn, MI with the rest of "my kind". lol

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I politely disagree. Wearing a mask while taking an unpopular political stand can protect you from later attacks by individuals or by the government officials. Wearing a mask where pepper spray had already been released and where, given the atmosphere, one could reasonably expect more to be released has a practical positive affect. Wearing a mask in this situation, where your job or family relationships could be damaged or lost, is okay in my book. Lastly, it is a political statement, it is a rejection of the prevailing ethos, and it is a voluntary submission to a movement that you are indicating means more than your personal needs. I point out that people on both sides were doing so.

I guess I will see you on the battlefield then?

Free speech is free speech, and this is what this OP is about. People wanted to have a rally and other people whom disagreed with their ideology thought they had a right to shut them down!

So who are the fascists?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You misunderstood the concept of free speech. It includes saying "I am against you saying that"

It's okay to speak out.

It is not okay to silence people.

These antifa poop-stains don't care about free speech.

They are baby-authoritarians who wish to silence free speech.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I agree relative to the tactics of shutting down another's free speech. And I'm no fan of Antifa. I find their tactics to be quite fascist and they are therefore hypocritical in the extreme. My first comments were more relative to what I watched on the live stream than the OP and for that I apologize if it was off topic. It's a great OP and I appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Except the antifa crowd doesn't stick to simply saying "I'm against you saying that." They often resort to saying "shut the # up Nazi" while destroying property that doesn't belong to them and assaulting other people.

Which is where the whole "trying to silence free speech" comes in. Because they're using physical means to try and stop an opposing viewpoint from being heard.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

a reply to: Shamrock6

Goes to show how divided as a country we are don't ya think?

Who promoted this kind of division and why is that should be the question we ALL should be contemplating?

You know I have supported you and your profession, yet which side seems to want me to think you are my enemy?

It's sad to see what the mass media in this country has done to people. Apparently I can't be a Communist AND support free speech AND our right to bare arms.

Hell just the other day I was explaining to my mother how I don't believe Assad gassed anyone and she basically called me a terrorist sympathizer who should move to Dearborn, MI with the rest of "my kind". lol

I welcome anyone who supports the Constitution with open arms. Gay, Trans, and whatever other category that has been created by identity politics! I can understand though how those who live an alternative life style are driven to the left!With that being said, I support the Constitution and I could care less about your sexuality or how you identify. If you love the Constitution you are my brother/sister.....

I don't believe Assad gassed anyone either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join