It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian "stealth" fighter F-313 qaher begins taxi tests.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Devastating Iranian firepower.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
They also unveiled the Kowsar (Kosar) trainer.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
if it can produce enough lift it can fly.. if you can make a plane fly knive edge where there is next to no wing surface to give the aircraft lift i am sure you can make something like the jet this thread is about to fly.

edit on 15-4-2017 by dannylightning because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dannylightning

Just use what's after the "=" in the video link.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dannylightning
if it can produce enough lift it can fly.. if you can make a plane fly knive edge where there is next to no wing surface to give the aircraft lift i am sure you can make something like the jet this thread is about to fly.

Well, sure. What you have in the video is an aerobatic plane. It would "fly" without wings given its thrust to weight ratio.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: dannylightning

Well, sure. What you have in the video is an aerobatic plane. It would "fly" without wings given its thrust to weight ratio.

actually that plane would not fly without wings. if you have no wings on that you would have no Aileron controls and it would just spin out of control. you nee aileron, elevator and rudder controls and a lot of thrust to make a plane fly knife edge.

the point is if you can get enough lift it can get off the ground without a large wing span, i am pretty sure the jet the OP is posting would be able to fly.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Because international aircraft designation all stem from the London International Radiotelegraphic Conference, in 1913.

Because London says so. Go figure...

If war corp international has their way, Iran is next in line to be 'disarmed'.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Commander Gulf fleet task force :

"Keep me updated on the gun boats on the radar horizon."

General Alarm sounds:

"Battle stations! Multiple incoming aircraft!"

"Can't see them thru the fog!"

Impacts begin from warheads mounted in the light aircraft, turns out they are willing to sacrifice themselves like Japanese Samurai pilots did in WWII.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

One posters observation from the link...

If its Iranian how come the markings in English?

Because they invented the number system that we use in the West. Those are their numbers. They let us use them.

Yes, they did. They also invented math.

But hey yeah, they're a third world country that lead the world before your country even had its name.

They also led naval research for many hundreds of years.

Some people are just so thick, it stunts their brains.

P

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The "It's not Western so it's a total POS" attitude always amazes me.

Screwed the allies over for the first couple of years of Ww2 with that thinking about Japanese planes being made of "bamboo and rice paper"..Ignorance is bliss I guess..
Its all about intelligence in warfare.
Kamikazi is tactically a loss as you will lose materials and pilots at a greater rate than the damage caused and the allies will counter it quickly..
Admiral Yamamato said it right.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

American
Superiority
Syndrome

It makes a donkey out of you.....

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Its a play on the F-5 by the look of it, with some potentially unstable aero features to make it more maneuverable.

What do you make of the canted wings? - it doesn't look built for speed so are they some kind of lift measure?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Because they invented the number system that we use in the West. Those are their numbers. They let us use them.

But hey yeah, they're a third world country that lead the world before your country even had its name.

P

Wrong we got our numbers from Arabic numerals but those came from hindu numerals.In fact our modern number system came from north africa. So it all originates in India as far as mathematics thats the greeks that started it. Though Egypt also developed some complicated math . Now what you meant to say was algebra however without the greeks and indians no algebra. But now thats done countries can have past glory and go into decline. In fact all countries will at some point, Persia used to be on top than they were invaded by arabs and since than was on a sharp decline. Had the persians maintained control who knows were they would be today.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Theoretically they'd generate compression lift at low altitude. I don't know how well they'd work on a subsonic aircraft, but they seem to think it would work.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

Yes, back in the days when they were Zoroastrians. Then Islam happened and they, along with much of the Middle East, slowly regressed back to thinking that the scientific miracles of the Koran were the pinnacle of technological achievement.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Your biblical slant is glaring. There are plenty of civilizations older than Persia. They don't use english numbers, either.

More to my point conventions are usually established by the current Empire, in this case the English, (Get it: English?)

IOW The golden rule, those that have the gold make the rules.

T he queen in gold room

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Commander Gulf fleet task force :

"Keep me updated on the gun boats on the radar horizon."

General Alarm sounds:

"Battle stations! Multiple incoming aircraft!"

"Can't see them thru the fog!"

Impacts begin from warheads mounted in the light aircraft, turns out they are willing to sacrifice themselves like Japanese Samurai pilots did in WWII.

LOL! If you are making a joke here...it's a good one.

The WIG craft depicted here is not stealthy and incapable of carrying more than fuel and one driver.

Wing in ground (WIG) effect boats are nothing more than cute toys. They can't be flown in much more than 4 foot swells and can't fly at all if the sea state exceed half of its' wing span. In clam sea they can be flown with very little power as the ones in you pictures but payload is still small. I would say the ones in the picture would have a payload of around 300 pounds. This would include pilot, fuel, tactical systems and weapons. If you do the math a pilot would be maybe 140 to 200 pounds, 5 gallons of gas @ 6 pound per gallon, radar system to find targets in bad weather would be 150 pounds and a machine gun (small caliber of 7.62 mm) coming in at 30 to 50 pounds not including ammo. This doesn't leave much room for a warhead.

Just like all other Iranian systems, they made for local political consumption to a ignorant, uneducated public. I am not saying that all Iranians are uneducated but just enough to prevent being overthrown. If Iran was truly powerful it would not depend on terroristic tactics and bogus weapons programs.

edit on 16-4-2017 by buddah6 because: Superior pain medication and no coffee.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Enjoy:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

The WIG craft depicted here is not stealthy and incapable of carrying more than fuel and one driver.

Its not intended to be stealthy, but might appear as nought but well known fast attack boats on a radar screen.

In clam sea they can be flown with very little power as the ones in you pictures but payload is still small.

At night in foggy conditions when the sea is calmer. Four Japanese carriers were set ablaze and sunk by a few bombs because, they caught the carrier fleet at a vulnerable time when they had fueled aircraft and bombs on deck. Even a hand grenade or (IN the Forestal's case) one rocket can be disastrous. Simply crashing into the deck full of planes and ordnance, might be even more disastrous (google Kamikaze, suicide vest, etc).

The advantage is disguise, inclement weather, and determination.

When I saw these little boat planes in formation on the water, I saw the potential, right away.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
a reply to: Miracula2

Enjoy:

Nice video. What becomes apparent is other nations learn from our mistakes and copy our weapons systems. Eventually, they will be on par, and having one other advantage. While we spread our selves ever thinner, expending more resources in ever increasing conflicts, they are sitting back, building their reserves and learning how to respond to our tactics.

Another reason why all empires wind up on the ash heap of history.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join