It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian "stealth" fighter F-313 qaher begins taxi tests.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Miracula2
Devastating Iranian firepower.

Commander Gulf fleet task force :

"Keep me updated on the gun boats on the radar horizon."

General Alarm sounds:

"Battle stations! Multiple incoming aircraft!"

"Can't see them thru the fog!"

Impacts begin from warheads mounted in the light aircraft, turns out they are willing to sacrifice themselves like Japanese Samurai pilots did in WWII.

FACEPALM...just FACEPALM.
Ah yes the "dreaded" mass attack...THAT can be seen being set up hours before with those craft. they cant get higher than 100 ft before stalling and losing their lift. They are also LOUD and produce a fair amount of heat from their engine on back. Also ROugh water also is a weakness. They also cannot carry weapons heavy enough to sink a US navy ship. its a LIGHT SCOUT. If its looking like Iran is going to fight the US the fleet pulls back outside the Persian gulf and flattens them. MOABS can be used on ships as well and even sink them. Not to mention the waves produced after it detonates to damage even more of those craft

And flying/skimming in fog with one of these is highly dangerous. THAt particular weapon is not even worth using. the russians gave up on these types for a good reason.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Famous last 'facepalm'. I expanded on the scenario to another poster that also didn't see the potential...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

a reply to: buddah6

The WIG craft depicted here is not stealthy and incapable of carrying more than fuel and one driver.

Its not intended to be stealthy, but might appear as nought but well known fast attack boats on a radar screen.

In clam sea they can be flown with very little power as the ones in you pictures but payload is still small.

At night in foggy conditions when the sea is calmer. Four Japanese carriers were set ablaze and sunk by a few bombs because, they caught the carrier fleet at a vulnerable time when they had fueled aircraft and bombs on deck. Even a hand grenade or (IN the Forestal's case) one rocket can be disastrous. Simply crashing into the deck full of planes and ordnance, might be even more disastrous (google Kamikaze, suicide vest, etc).

The advantage is disguise, inclement weather, and determination.

When I saw these little boat planes in formation on the water, I saw the potential, right away.

I know the man, here in the US, who has worked on WIG craft. I have spoken at length with him on it's capabilities. He states that it is a cute toy as I said. It does not have the capability to carry out any military operation as you say. I am also familiar with your "Boston Whaler" navy.

I can tell that you are referring to the small boat that damaged the USS Cole in 2000. There is much difference in attacking a ship at a dock and a warship at sea. You obviously have no idea what either Iranian Navy or the US Navy can do and their capabilities.

The Iranian gunboats are equipped with .50 caliber machine guns and RPGs. They have been allowed to close to a range of about 350 meters to our ships in the Persian Gulf. Sadly, the USN was under orders not to provoke Iran so don't let this embolden you and your country. It will end badly for Iran with our new president.

If you were with a small understanding of all things military you would see an increase in US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. There will be an increase in naval vessels in the Persian Gulf. This is not by accident. Iran will be surrounded on 3 sides by the US military. You spoke of suicide attacks...you may very well get your opportunity.

Iran will never confront the US nose to nose for they how it would turn out. What would happen is Iran would stir up trouble by using Hamas and Hezbollah against Israel. Iran will use terrorism as it has in the past.

One attribute for Iran is it's ability to use rhetoric and circular logic. The Great Satan and Little Satan diatribe and death to America chants are good examples. It's use of phony weapons system programs and the sinking of US aircraft carriers is laughable.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Iran fakes things to make people believe they have it. For example the tank they claim to have built that was in this video. Read this

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That's a neat looking aircraft.

Though I thought from the last report it would be a trainer.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Famous last 'facepalm'. I expanded on the scenario to another poster that also didn't see the potential...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This isnt WW2 for one.Since then we have developed Satellites and ways to see through fog.

Your scenario precludes us not even Seeing these morons setting up such a attack. Erkanoplanes such as these are very hard to use past RECON and light attack. Something you are failing to take into account

The U.S. fleet began adding Army-style missiles to its own helicopters. And in 2012, the sailing branch went a step further when it finally fielded a custom-made guided rocket of its own that is specifically optimized for defeating swarms of boats. The Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System is a 2.75-inch-diameter rocket with a laser seeker.

Navy and Marine Corps helicopters, as well as other aircraft, can carry pods, with each containing up to seven of the rockets. The copter shines a laser on enemy boats, or other targets, then fires. Each APKWS rocket heads for a different boat, in essence swarming the swarm with tiny lethal munitions.

The guided-rocket system has a 95-percent hit rate, according to the military. "This will give the helicopters a potent capability against swarming fast inshore attack craft,"

Toss that in with the CIWS and SEA-ram and overlapping fields of fire, and aircraft they would be hard pressed to even get a 10 percentile damage rate on the US ships.

THIS IS EVEN IF THE FLEET WAS IN THE GULF IN THE FIRST PLACE. NO they arent going to pull a sneak attack when all we have to do is stay outside the gulf and kill them from afar. destroying their hospitals,refineries,water processing and fuel depots. Then you sit back and let starvation and lack of medicine and fuel do the work for you.(hospitals can be bombed in the circumstance they will be used for military personnell legally)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

No, they have a new trainer that's a separate aircraft. I put a picture on page 2 I think.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Page 3 actually.

Not a bad looking trainer either.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Brother, US Army owns Iranian army in every single aspect. What we've managed to do is making an invasion of our lands so hard and so costly (human life and money both) that anyone even US thinks several times before pulling the trigger.

We've achieved that by building potent IRBMs, AShBMs,AD network and of course, proxies.

Our airforce can do nothing in case of a US invasion. but we've got a very very strong Air defense network which can indeed cause huge casualties for USAF. if that isn't the case i don't know whats keeping US from an aerial invasion.

people should realize that we're not sand-dwellers and we are capable of scientific and industrial achievements as well

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Brother, US Army owns Iranian army in every single aspect. What we've managed to do is making an invasion of our lands so hard and so costly (human life and money both) that anyone even US thinks several times before pulling the trigger.

We've achieved that by building potent IRBMs, AShBMs,AD network and of course, proxies.

Our airforce can do nothing in case of a US invasion. but we've got a very very strong Air defense network which can indeed cause huge casualties for USAF. if that isn't the case i don't know whats keeping US from an aerial invasion.

people should realize that we're not sand-dwellers and we are capable of scientific and industrial achievements as well

An invasion of Iran would go the same as Iraq. Iraq had a much larger military and even a better air defense system. The reason Iran is still there is they haven't given a US president the need to remove them. But bottom line Iran would be easier than saddam since many new weapons have been added to the US arsenal. Me i hope there is no invasion and Iran doesnt cause problems with neighbors.
edit on 4/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I'm not Iranian dinkums, uS is the aggressor. So more power to the ones defending their homeland, their freedom and sovereignty from Invaders.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Not WWII, yes, not WWII.

Bobbing corks...

edit on 16-4-2017 by intrptr because: second video

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

An invasion of Iran would go the same as Iraq. Iraq had a much larger military and even a better air defense system.

Haven't you heard, still fighting in Iraq.

Yay, Endless war. Go ahead US, open another front.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm not Iranian dinkums, uS is the aggressor. So more power to the ones defending their homeland, their freedom and sovereignty from Invaders.

Iran isnt under any threat its not that important. The only way the US would attack Iran is if it attacks first or they threaten their neighbors.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

An invasion of Iran would go the same as Iraq. Iraq had a much larger military and even a better air defense system. The reason Iran is still there is they haven't given a US president the need to remove them. But bottom line Iran would be easier than saddam since many new weapons have been added to the US arsenal. Me i hope there is no invasion and Iran doesnt cause problems with neighbors.
Whatever helps you sleep better at night.
We've given US "president" every reason to attack us. biggest reason being we're not their puppet and we have challenged their every move in Asian continent. trust me mate, US has more reasons to attack Iran than it ever had in attacking Iraq and all other those tiny states combined.

From this: en.wikipedia.org...

when your officials first denied it ever happening and then acknowledged and politely asked Iran to give it back.

and we actually did: www.rt.com...

and then to this: en.wikipedia.org...

as i said, yes, US army owns Iranian army.

oh but don't take that condescending tone, time has shown it works against anyone who does that to us

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not sure they really need a stealth fighter. Iran captured this footage of a US carrier.

edit on 16-4-2017 by intrptr because: portion redacted

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Whatever helps you sleep better at night.
We've given US "president" every reason to attack us. biggest reason being we're not their puppet and we have challenged their every move in Asian continent. trust me mate, US has more reasons to attack Iran than it ever had in attacking Iraq and all other those tiny states combined.

From this: en.wikipedia.org...

when your officials first denied it ever happening and then acknowledged and politely asked Iran to give it back.

and we actually did: www.rt.com...

and then to this: en.wikipedia.org...

as i said, yes, US army owns Iranian army.

oh but don't take that condescending tone, time has shown it works against anyone who does that to us

I assume because you live there you have a need to feel important. There is nothing the US deems vital to national security. And they are not a threat to US military. As long as they dont do something stupid that is. In other words as long as Iran doesnt go attacking people things will continue on as usual. At least until the Persians living there say they have had enough of muslim rule. Because im sure you know persians arent happy with the Ayatollah.
edit on 4/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

What's the point of those videos?

Not sure why you posted them.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

edit on 4/16/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

What's the point of those videos?

Not sure why you posted them.

They reflect how a single modern surface to surface anti shipping missile can wreak havoc. I watched this develop over the years in the Falklands war, when the Argentine air force fired Exocet missiles that eluded chaff and jamming and found its mark. Again when the Iraqi jets hit the USS Stark with Exocets.

Since then the lessons learned have developed and bred a whole plethora of ultra fast and smart sea skimming missiles that out weigh any possible air craft attack scenario, especially when they can be launched from anywhere to home in and destroy their targets, en masse. The cost of each unit making hundreds of them cheap and easy to make and hide (in Irans case along a thousand mile coastline).

People keep saying oh we have this invincible strike fleet, lulz. When the next actual wide spread conflict breaks out theres going to be a bunch of sunk vessels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join