It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 teenage girls from Frisco charged with spray-painting racial slurs on Plano West Senior High

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

This pisses me off because real racism gets lost in all the faux accusations and actions by these idiots.

Assholes.

As it should, it trivializes real cases, but this also fall into the same category as fake crimes with racist anti white overtones, we all have very real issues to deal with here.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

That's giving them a pass for obviously inflammatory​ behavior. Posting racist stuff is not a prank. Stop the "Oh they are just kids" apologist Rational. Personal Responsibility is something that has been lacking for well over a generation now, time to get that back on track.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

You're wrong. In fact, criminal responsibility has escalated at a ridiculous rate in the past century. Far more activities are criminalized, far more police are enforcing the laws, and far more people are being convicted. You were obviously the perfect child as a teenager.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Sure there's enough racism. It seems to not be talked about on ATS at least not without being accused of suffering white guilt. The only time crimes like these are talked about is if it's a hoax perpetrated by a minority. No one ever posts when white people do the same thing. Similar to when Christians commit acts of terror or Trump does a dumb no one can deny or a Republican gets caught doing a no no. Complete silence from you and yours.

/yawn

Throw the book at em.

Bingo. No crimes commited by white Christians are ever posted on ATS. And we all know why...

As for the Op. If they did the crime, they do the time

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

yet when high school kids chant build that wall at a high school basketball game, an airbnb host refuses service to a woman because "ASIAN" or when white kids shove a hangar up a mentally challenged kids but and call him "kool-aid" thats not racist, right? they all must be "hoaxes"!

let me guess, mexicans are not a race and chanting build that wall to another team is not racist the teens were just expressing their political beliefs.

the kids that did the hangar were just kids being kids, they were hazing their "friend" who just happened to be black, "kool aid" is not a racist term.

the airbnb host has the right to refuse service to anyone and the "asian woman probably made the whole story up and she made the host say the real reason she refused service was one word "asian" and forced the lady to bring up trump as americas savior to make sure foreigners dont tell us what to do.

there are idiot racists (just like the idiots in the op)or politically incorrect, xenophobes, economic nationalists, whatever word you want to call them but they come in all shapes, sizes and colors. we can't deny they are out there all we can do is recognize their stupidity and shake our heads. the people that did this should be punished for these terrible actions.

Never heard of the Asian woman thing, but "build that wall" is not racist. It is people who want to enforce the LAW already on the books to protect our nation in many ways, not just from criminals, but the economic issues that come with it. These people who chant "built that wall" will expressly tell you that they have NO issues with immigrants who come here legally.

We want background checks on guns, but no background checks on who is coming over? Insane.

But you do have checks on who comes in

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yes but it's not like they were merely spraypainting "Killroy was here" or something like that.If black kids spraypaint racial slurs that is meant to make it look like it was done by racist whites,or if white kids do the same to make it look like racist blacks did the spraypainting - then they are guilty of trying to fuel ethnic/racial discord and ill will.I certainly don't think they should go to prison or made to pay massive fines,but a long stretch of community service would imo be suitable.And it souns like these kids could benefit enormously from some guidance and mentoring from well adjusted decent black adults who have a balanced worldview and a sense of personal responsibility for their own lives and actions.People who don't go through life with a forest on their shoulders.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I agree with everything you said.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Hoax hate-crimes were being used to push a narrative that is demonstrably untrue: that Trump's America is a racist country.

truth is relative. If you cant find a fact to support your truth, make some up.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I love how two stupid teenagers doing what stupid teenagers do gets everyone up on their high-horse. If they were two white kids who did the same thing, I'd feel the same way. Teenagers are stupid. If I had to pay for every stupid thing I did when I was 17 I would never be where I am at today.

Unless you can show me that this was done as some sort of concerted effort masterminded by a more nefarious adult, then I may change my mind. They spray painted on a school. No one was hurt. Get over it.

I believe the point was to stir racial tensions by claiming racist white people did it. A stupid teenager stunt would have been to spray paint random graffiti of whatever, not racial slurs meant to direct the act towards another group for the purposes of creating tension and racial bias.

My guess is their charges will be for exactly that...attempting to incite specific responses and behavior may have led to violent actions.

I don't recall any teenage pranks I did with any intention to do anything like this.

These idiots, and likely their parents, need to be re-educated.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You're wrong. In fact, criminal responsibility has escalated at a ridiculous rate in the past century. Far more activities are criminalized, far more police are enforcing the laws, and far more people are being convicted. You were obviously the perfect child as a teenager.
..... I sure as hell wasn't tagging things with racial undertones. I'm not wrong. You condone Suh behavior by not speaking against it. Would you act the same if it were white "misguided youth" doing the same? I forget only white people can be racist. Yeah right. Call a duck what a duck is.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I sure as hell wasn't tagging things with racial undertones.

So that's the unforgivable sin? Your mistakes and stupid decisions are forgivable and should not destroy your life, but their's should?

Suh behavior by not speaking against it.

I didn't say I was in favor of it. I simply said that by blowing a stupid teenage mistake out of proportion is improper.

Would you act the same if it were white "misguided youth" doing the same?

Yup, already said that.

I forget only white people can be racist. Yeah right.

I never said that nor do I believe it.

It seems to me that you are reading far more into my posts than was written or intended. I think you may be having an overtly emotional reaction, as were other posters. That is why I wrote what I did.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

All of these poor people of color being assaulted by vicious white neo-Nazi racists.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

All of these poor people of color being assaulted by vicious white neo-Nazi racists.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It's a more serious matter than you make it out to be. That's my point.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I get that. I just disagree.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Fisherr
Don't they look so cheerful..

Orange will suit them well i think.

What was it they were wearing for their mug shots?

I wish They™ would bring back the stocks as a form of mild punishment. These little hoodlums would never do such a thing again if they had to spend a night or two at the mercy of an angry society.
Yes name the stocks the pillary (standing)and the hillary( Sitting position) I'm afraid that would have no effect on the youths as they dont have the facilities to be embarrassed .

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I love how two stupid teenagers doing what stupid teenagers do gets everyone up on their high-horse. If they were two white kids who did the same thing, I'd feel the same way. Teenagers are stupid. If I had to pay for every stupid thing I did when I was 17 I would never be where I am at today.

Unless you can show me that this was done as some sort of concerted effort masterminded by a more nefarious adult, then I may change my mind. They spray painted on a school. No one was hurt. Get over it.
If they had just written "we hate school" then i could agree with you-the content moves it into the hate crime category. You know how the left dislikes hate crimes.(or thought crimes)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

I appreciate your position but I think that's the exact point at which I disagree with you and most of the others on this thread. Their immaturity, for me, is the guiding factor. (By the way, I guess I'm a lefty on some topics and am considerably more conservative on others. The term "hate crime" drives me crazy. If I punch you in the face because I hate fat guys, it's just a crime. If I punch you in the face because I'm drunk at a bar and you bumped into me, and I happen to call you a racial epithet as I do so, then it's a hate crime. It's truly ridiculous.)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

a reply to: PsychicCroMag

I appreciate your position but I think that's the exact point at which I disagree with you and most of the others on this thread. Their immaturity, for me, is the guiding factor. (By the way, I guess I'm a lefty on some topics and am considerably more conservative on others. The term "hate crime" drives me crazy. If I punch you in the face because I hate fat guys, it's just a crime. If I punch you in the face because I'm drunk at a bar and you bumped into me, and I happen to call you a racial epithet as I do so, then it's a hate crime. It's truly ridiculous.)

What they did was dumb, but let's be real here.

Immaturity?

Under the law, 17 year olds can drive. They can have sex and bear/raise children. They can legally leave home and live on their own. So, they're mature enough to do the above things, but too immature to understand that painting racist slurs could have very negative consequences and could result in some very adult punishments, as well as foment some nasty conflicts?

Sorry, not buying that.

Kids these days are marinating in this hate-filled rhetoric, day in and day out, from MSM to social media, to right at home from parents and other family members. They don't live in some vacuum where they don't understand why what they did is bad or wrong. They're steps away from being a legal adult. They've heard the BLM speeches, heard the calls to fight back, they've seen the same videos "mature" people see. Everywhere you turn, they're being encouraged to do the same.

You want this to stop? Start punishing the people who do this stuff. They're not too young and giving them a soft pat on the wrist and letting them go is not going to make them suddenly see the light and behave. Put their butts in a community service detail and make them work hard to make up for it. We've drifted way too far into a world where kids get off scott free for fear of hurting their feelings or crushing delicate sensibilities.

Before you ask... I wasn't an angel, but I also knew better than to get myself in deep. My family would have come down on me like a ton of bricks for this sort of crap.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

I respectfully disagree with many of your points. Kids are not getting away scot free today. I'm in the criminal courts all of the time. When I was a kid and you got caught with a case of beer, the cops took your beer and tried their best to scare the # out of you. (Which didn't work with me because my father was a cop). If you got in a fight after school, if anything at all happened, it was that your parents were notified. Etc., etc.. Nowadays, these kids are arrested, prosecuted and have a criminal record that can affect their lives greatly.

Relative to your point that harsher penalties bring greater obedience to the law, in my experience, this is incorrect. When you treat an young and impressionable person (usually someone who hasn't had a lot of quality parenting) as if they are a criminal, they believe it and act accordingly. However, when you treat them with understanding and services, meanwhile explaining to them that what they did was wrong and why, they have a chance to get out of the cycle. I believe that too much of our criminal justice system is wrapped up in revenge and punishment and very little is geared toward the reduction of recidivism.

One point I do agree with you on is that the pair should receive some sort of punishment, community service or a fine. If they complete that, the matter should be wiped from their records.

I do not defend these woman nor the actions they took. I don't think we should just let them walk. However, to say what stupid teenagers do is some sort of reflection of some horrible issue is absurd, IMHO. If we, as white people, really want to end racism, we need to have the thicker skin that we advocate for others.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join