It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What comes after North Korea?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

What happens after North Korea?

Nothing, we go back to bombing the Middle East and dealing with the occasional terrorist attack on our soil.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

But: What comes after North Korea? Probably a lot of peace. We'll have to see if North Korea is an event at all.

Yes , may we all rest in peace.
Advocating taking out China after the beautiful chocolate cake share smacks of double cross to me , is there no honour anymore.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
China likes having NK in between thoroughly westernized SK and themselves.

The Koreas will not be unified because China will not allow that to happen.

The likely scenario will be China taking NK and then heading right on down to take SK too.

Not Good because the U.S. already stole it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The war starts from far away points, and slowly moves closer, to you.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

There is always a declared enemy. It is what justifies our projection at any given time.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

‘We will pulverize the headquarters of evil and ruthlessly ravage US troops’: North Korea makes menacing boast it will take on Donald Trump with ‘merciless’ strikes on South Korea and US bases as China warns of 'war at any moment'

Tensions are definitely at an all time high..

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Been there, done that, no problem.

Don't freak. Use fear to clear your mind and realize you're just an animal and nothing more.

There is nothing more powerful than an animal that doesn't need WalMart or money to stay alive.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
China could care less about any weapons NK has. China has ICBM's with deliverable payloads NK doesn't.

China does not want unification between the north and south. Unification would mean more American influence in the region.

Coal is one of the most abundant resources on the planet. No one cares about NK coal.

During the first gulf war Saddam was warned not to use chemical weapons and thankfully he didn't.

If Kim finds himself on the hit list he won't go down the way Saddam did. He's going to gas Japan and the south. 10's of thousands will die. Trump and his ego will nuke the north and Americans will cheer.

We've been in a perpetual state of war since WW2. I'm sick of my country being the world police. If WW3 happens we'll all be sorry.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986
With an unhappy looking group of men that is! Somehow I think they have a serious moral problem.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Or another scenario: When US and South Korea entered former North Korea, they ended up facing an insurgency from remnants of Kim Jong Un's military a la the Iraq War covertly supported by China and Russia.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Chances are China would be involved in any action in North Korea. Most likely agreements were made that the US goals were simply to remove Kim not take over or reunify the peninsula. This would appease China and prevent any further action there.

However China is still pushing for territorial expansions in the South China sea encroaching on neighboring countries borders and claiming islands as their own. They also getting dangerously close to interfering with international cargo shipping through the region.

Long term China's ambitions will cause a large conflict in the region, the US's response will be determined by how willing we are to uphold all the mutual defense agreements and treaties we signed with Japan, South Korea and Taiwan and how aggressively China goes after territory.

But in the short term what happens after North Korea is simple,the US focuses in the middle east...apparently forever.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I would not be very happy looking either, if I had to wear a stupid looking hat like that...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

What comes after North Korea?

The four horsemen saddle up and start their apocalyptic ride.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
China is the key to what happens next.

The North Korean protection came from the fact that North Korea was a buffer zone to the Chinese, separating them from South Korea, Americanized after the Korean War. The Chinese are smart enough to realize our two cultures are too vastly different to peaceably exist in close proximity. They don't want us in Asia!

But they do want friendly relations. I think Trump gave Xi exactly what he wanted in that respect: let's get some serious trade going in both directions, and we don't care how China handles its internal affairs. Xi gave Trump what he wanted: we will trade fairly, and as long as you don't take over, we don't care how you handle North Korea. As long as those verbal promises are kept, Kim Jong Un will either listen to China and let go this nuclear obsession of his, or have his rear handed to him by the US... separated from the other pieces and still smoking. The preferred solution is the former.

I see, assuming the latter option, the US bombing PyongPeng back... or is it forward?... to the stone age, stepping in with enough ground troops to mop up, but less ground troops than China. China will then take control of North Korea and set up a puppet government, and the US will oversee from offshore. Then we'll spend the rest of Trump's term in peaceful relations, until the Democratic President that succeeds him throws us into an all-out war with China over broken promises.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
North korea aint going no where, man the trump fans trully will believe anything he says.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Thank you so much for your post. You were able to eloquently word what I was trying to say. Although I had it happening faster.

I can see the scenario playing out your way also. Actually that makes a little more sense. I'm sure that Trump & Xi made a deal over that piece of Chocolate cake we keep hearing about.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Someone wants a big nuclear war in which US is nuked. Apparently NKorea is chosen, not China or Russia. US enters a war that there will be no winner, said the Chinese minister hours ago. Understand, US will be attacked severely, by nukes, if it cannot be the winner in a regional war with much smaller country.

The president Trump shows little if any reason in his most recent actions, influenced by people who are not part of the US government.

All major US media, all Hollywood, to name a few, strongly oppose Trump and especially the absurd policy shift of the newly elected president. (I say that not because I am in awe of them, but to show how divided the US society is). Trump already surpassed Obama, who after all withdrew from Iraq as promised.

We may witness a second Nixon - Vietnam scenario, if Trump becomes inconvenient after a humiliating and painful result of the North Korean campaign. For USA it will be certainly a defeat if even ONE nuke is exploded on its territory (or bases) by such an inferior country.

Hope it never reaches that point...that is a theoretical exercise, not real case scenario. The real case we will see in the next days...
edit on 14-4-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

China and Russia may just standby and watch the show, after they warned in different ways against the US recent absurd actions.

You think North Korea has a chance is only the US and North Korea is involved? No, I'm sorry. South Korea would pay a horrible price for war with NK, but I think you have underestimated the US or overestimated NK.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
MoA latest ...

Now consider what the U.S. media don't tell you about Korea: BEIJING, March 8 (Xinhua) -- China proposed "double suspension" to defuse the looming crisis on the Korean Peninsula, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Wednesday. "As a first step, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) may suspend its nuclear and missile activities in exchange for the suspension of large-scale U.S.-Republic of Korea (ROK) military exercises," Wang told a press conference on the sidelines of the annual session of the National People's Congress. ...
Wang said the nuclear issue on the Korean Peninsula is mainly between the DPRK and the United States, but China, as a next-door neighbor with a lips-and-teeth relationship with the Peninsula, is indispensable to the resolution of the issue. FM Wang, 'the lips', undoubtedly transmitted an authorized message from North Korea: "The offer is (still) on the table and China supports it." North Korea has made the very same offer in January 2015. The Obama administration rejected it. North Korea repeated the offer in April 2016 and the Obama administration rejected it again. This March the Chinese government conveyed and supported the long-standing North Korean offer. The U.S. government, now under the Trump administration, immediately rejected it again. The offer, made and rejected three years in a row, is sensible. Its rejection only led to a bigger nuclear arsenal and to more missiles with longer reach that will eventually be able to reach the United States.
www.moonofalabama.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Yes I agree about SK. It will be hit conventionally, Soul most probably will fall in the hands of Kim's army in hours. I am sorry for that nation!
I just assume what is the most logical for a nuclear country with dozens of nukes, that is put into the corner by a much stronger superpower. NK will have only one strike - the first one. That's why it will use nuclear weapons directly. May be after some prelude of conventional artillery on Seoul. If NK waits US to bomb all facilities, it will be too late. NK prepared for that war for 50 years. And somehow got the nukes that neither Iran nor Saudi Arabia nor another third world country could manage to obtain.

Of course the equation has many more players, such as China and Japan who could get into their own bitter dispute that continues for centuries. So the real case scenario will be much more dramatic than what several smart people can write in forum posts

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join