It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Putin claims the US is preparing to strike areas around Damascus.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Just Breaking: Live: Putin claims more US strikes being prepared for Syria with aim of blaming Assad.
Russian president Vladimir Putin says he has heard the U.S. is getting ready to bomb southern Damascus.

The Russian leader says the aim of these strikes is to subsequently blame the Syrian government.

Putin also said he wants the international authorities to conduct a careful investigation of last week's chemical warfare attack on the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun last week that left 89 dead.

He also said he hoped international attitudes would become more positive but that Russia would "tolerate Western criticism" of Russia's role in Syria.

Putin said the U.S. strike on Syria reminded him of the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" claims surrounding Iraq.

President Putin claims the US is preparing to strike areas around Damascus.

edit on 11America/Chicagov01am430 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Putin also said he wants the international authorities to conduct a careful investigation of last week's chemical warfare attack on the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun last week that left 89 dead.

The most sensible suggestion I've heard so far.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

So this is it! The leaders already exchange ultimatums (see Tillerson gives ultimatum to Russia).

The nuclear war strategy requires the first strike to be preemptive, surprise and so on. Not really surprise after those words...Kremlin speaker Perkov said only days before the Syrian last crisis, that the US-Russian relations are at lower level than during the Cold War...

CNN won't give 12 hour warning before the war starts! Now the presidents exchange their last words. If not to convince the other side, then to remain in history as doing everything possible to prevent the nuclear war that is imminent.

Only a MIRACLE can stop it now!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Well thats a card the international community will have to take. However, If in fact this attack was backed by the rebel group then the US wont buy it.
edit on 11America/Chicagov26am430 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

No, I would say that a WW3 rhetoric from this is highly unlikely. There is nothing to gain from MAD.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
No one is going to launch any nukes. Everyone knows that is the dumbest idea to do. I don't know why people are so worried about this situation. US and Russia have been playing this game far longer than any other country to date, They aren't stupid.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

The most sensible suggestion I've heard so far.

Yeah , gonna get deep when they find Russia was involved
Look out folks , runaway train on the loose

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Putin should send couple of hundreds of soldiers with tens of GoPro cams streaming real-time images into Khan Shaykhun.
All angles at once. Maybe with a couple of non-Russian reporters. He could laugh right into their lying mouths on Youtube once he's got the whole public on his side by one shot.
I mean, if it's true he can lose the info-war only because of the lack of invention.
Maybe it's too late and the ruins have already been cleaned to some degree but securing the area for the international inspection should be the next logical step.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
To me it seems obvious what happened here. The Intelligence Community (IC) and Military Industrial Complex (MIC) and big oil and banks played Trump like a fiddle.

The bottom line is, they wanted war with Russia.

Plan A was for Hillary to become president because she is already in bed with the power players and hates Putin with a passion. This would have made it easy for them to start crap with Russia. Since she didn't become president (to much of their surprise), they had to think of Plan B.

Plan B was to convince the masses that Trump won the election because of Russian "hacking", which would start a chain of events that would lead to tension and war. They figured this would be easy for them because a little more than half of the population that voted for Hillary were already emotional and will believe anything. Psychological manipulation of the masses is their specialty. They figured they can find or create dirt on Trump and Russian ties and so far that seems to be blowing up in their face, and a majority aren't buying it. Even though they are playing on the words "hacking" when they really just mean "propaganda", its clear nobody hacked anything and people are finding that out slowly, so time for Plan C.

Plan C... Take advantage of Trump's personality, and control his decisions by giving him bad intel. Besides 'popular' belief created by psychological manipulation via propaganda to help Hillary win the election to support Plan A, the reality is that Trump is a kind and good hearted individual, and would jump at the chance of being a hero. So Plan C is to have big money secretly bomb some innocent people including children in Syria, and then have the IC blame it on the Syrian government. Then manipulate Trump's emotions and advised him to bomb the airstrip in retaliation, which he will want to do because they hired some professional photojournalists to film the suffering and gasping of air of the dying in high-definition video and sound just to convince Trump and the populace that a response is necessary. Now all they have to do is keep feeding Trump bad intel, and he can be that hero he always wanted to be, all the while starting a war with Russia.

The reality is... the president of the US, whoever it may be, is only as good as the intel that is given to him. This means the IC controls the world.
edit on 11-4-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It's funny, Putin has been saying he wanted the UN or some neutral party to come in and investigate the chemical warfare claims right from the beginning, so has Assad. But the US goes in and bombs the airport and nobody is going in and doing a proper investigation. I guess that means the US is actually acting guilty of covering things up. There should have been an immediate investigation of this.

By now the rebels probably have got rid of any evidence that they had a chemical weapons stockpile, Trumps actions actually interfered with a proper investigation. I would have more chance of believing Assad did this if they were trying to impede an investigation, they are wanting an investigation by a neutral country. The US on the other hand is avoiding this investigation, stating that their evidence of bombs dropping is all that is needed. If a bomb hit a chemical weapon storage site, there would be some major release. Those rebels should not be having banned chemical weapons in the first place.

I believe that the US will falsify evidence to protect their mistakes, telling one lie to cover up another lie or mistake. I am sure the people running the White house are good at that, they are all big businessmen. That is common big business practice.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
US and Russia have been playing this game far longer than any other country to date, They aren't stupid.

Russia thinks the US were complicit in last weeks chemical gas attack on a Syria
The US has told Russia to bugger off out of Syria or else!

They're both pretty f****n stupid if you ask me!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

#thetruthstinkslikesh1t

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

Putin is saying mean things about Trump. STOP THE INVESTIGATIONS IMMEDIATELY! TRUMP IS A PATRIOT! (Whew, that was a close one, eh comrade?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

US and Russia have been playing this game far longer than any other country to date, They aren't stupid.

Russia thinks the US were complicit in last weeks chemical gas attack on a Syria
The US has told Russia to bugger off out of Syria or else!

They're both pretty f****n stupid if you ask me!

So far they both haven't went to war with each other yet, so I wouldn't dismiss them as being stupid. Anything else in whatever they say on camera is being put on for the show.
edit on 11-4-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I thought that..
but Putin looks very pale and unnerved. He's scared things could spiral out of control and he's helpless

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I guess we will find out soon how far will either side go to see whos calling the bluff. All I have to say is I hope it is worth the lives that will be lost if either side doesn't negotiate or set terms both sides can agree to.
edit on 11-4-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: corrected lazy grammer.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
U.S. to strike areas around Damascus...

just what would the purpose of that action be ?

perhaps to secure a devastated area & put Damascus environs under USA & coalition domination...(i.e. Annex Damascus ?)

so a few runways could be built, so a 150,000 man Tent-City could be secured to house the incoming boots-on-the-ground along with the extra 50k 'Private contractors' who make about $100k tax free per tour.

I just can't see any other reason for the USA to concentrate on the areas surrounding Damascus...

even the Syrian Army and the Rebels (ISIS included) have withdrawn from the immediate vicinity as it has no strategic value as is...

if that's the goal... the immediate strikes would be to kill off the remnant of stragler fighters...
then come in with enough troops to secure a perimeter... so the combat engineers can begin the start of infrastructure, so more troops can be added to the Annexed City in a constant multiplier effect...

the replaced Damascus,then a fortress compound would eventually be used to house Syrian civilians as they get 'displaced' by war but are not qualified to get refugee treatment in the USA or the EU
edit on th30149192612711552017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So Putin will tolerate western criticism, lol, what a fun way to say he got caught with his hand in the Sarin Gas jar.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I bet Putin brings back the little green men with US patches on their uniforms to cause trouble.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Agit8dChop

I guess we will find out soon how far will either side go to see whos calling the bluff. All I have to say is I hope it is worth the lives that will be lost if either side doesn't negotiate or set terms both sides can agree to.

There is quite a bit that the United States and Russia can do to temporarily stabilize the area. The first obstacle, however, is that Donald Trump has to prove to the American people that he is an honest broker for them. Hence the kabuki with the missile strike.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join