It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The guy was a total idiot, at anytime he could have just walked out. He has no "right" to anything on the plane and at the point he refused to leave the cop had all the right. What if a person refuses to leave a cab?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

True, but dude wasn't confrontational. The officers were.

What is not confrontational about ignoring the direction to leave. Go get in a cab and refuse to get out and just sit there...I guess that is non-confrontational too...lol geez

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
The key part of that is "if you are denied boarding involuntarily" meaning the airline has the right to do so. It doesn't say the can drag a passenger off kicking and screaming though. UA agents need to be more tactful in performing their duties.

So the guy refuses to leave... what do they do... ask nicely for 10 hours?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
We are really just paying cattle to them. A shame because it wasn't always so inhumane.

a reply to: Krazysh0t
edit on 10-4-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Comply? This man did NOTHING wrong. This is the US, not Iran. Better off in a court of law when you did nothing going wrong? SMH. He's a doctor and has

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Badge means what in this case?

They have authority to do whatever the hell they want?

I have argued and won with just about ANYONE and i can tell you some of these badges are now my friends.

This incident needs to be blown up bigtime in the public eye...tough guy buffoonery always brings karma..they need to apologize publicly for this behavior.

People should protest this moronic decision and make an example of the officers and the idiots who gave the order.

I guess noone needed the cash...hell i would have offered my seat up.

But i guess bitching about Trump cause the media tells everyone too is easier.

edit on 10-4-2017 by ParasuvO because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What's the doctors current condition?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
united should change their name to Islamic state airlines, so when they overbook they won`t have to get the police involved they can just behead 4 passengers right there on the plane and throw their bodies out on the runway to make room for the 4 employees.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Source 2 - A man wouldn’t leave an overbooked United flight.

And now the rest of the story...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

I have argued and won with just about ANYONE and i can tell you some of these badges are now my friends.

This incident needs to be blown up bigtime in the public eye...tough guy buffoonery always brings karma..they need to apologize publicly for this behavior.

People should protest this moronic decision and make an example of the officers and the idiots who gave the order.

This was security and unfortunately we dont get to see the start....people always cut that part out of their little cell phone videos. Dont look as good for their posting and likes on freakbook or Twits on Twit-er
Wait for the rest of the story

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: ParasuvO

This was security and unfortunately we dont get to see the start....people always cut that part out of their little cell phone videos. Dont look as good for their posting and likes on freakbook or Twits on Twit-er
Wait for the rest of the story

False I posted on the previous page that a Policeman had been put on leave due to the way he dealt with it on the plane.

Nice try though

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I have been taking abuse all day for trying to explain this on reddit as my wife works for an airline, but I will just say I keep seeing "over sold by 4 seats" but this is quite different. They sold precisely the correct amount of seats but last minute they had to fly a new crew to take over a flight. They were in a position where they either displace 4 people or displace an entire flight.

It was obviously not handled correctly on the plane but it wasn't United employees that drug that man off the plane, it was police. If there is anyone to be furious out for knocking the Dr. out and dragging him off it is them. I don't expect that will change anyones mind but the misplaced outrage of what is essentially a 1st world problem is immature, ignorant, and unnecessary.

Every single airline has to do this at times, this is just the first time it has been on the news because the passenger refused to leave. The whole thing sucks, but flying is a privilege not a right. Anyone furious with UA, I challenge you to either quit flying all together or find an airline that doesn't have to displace passengers from time to time in order to move employees. It will be the same result either way.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A doctor? UA needs to have some people exempt from the lottery.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

overbooked my butt was there another carrier flying to louieville that day? if so why not put your employees on that flight. we custumers pay for our tickets and show up on time and get loaded on plane and them we get kicked off because some of your guys were deadheading is unacceptable. this doctor was beat up for standing up for his self and being the plane was stuck on ground for 2 more hours everyone was late getting to their destinations because some united employees needed some seats . i can't express the words i want to say because of the amount of profanity i would use. i just hope they don't charge this doctor because if i had been him i would have done exact same thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

dude he had every right he paid for the service. this should never be allowed.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Where do you draw the line? Who verifies the Doctors credentials? What if you have 2 doctors, who decides which ones practice is more important? What if you have 2 doctors, a fireman, and a politician? Everyone's day is important, you can't decide who flies and who doesn't based on their career.

Most likely the criteria for deciding who is in the lottery and who isn't has much to do with how much they paid for their ticket, how often they fly with United/American, what or if they have status etc. I am just guessing here.

edit on 4/10/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

a reply to: proteus33

What if you were on the flight stuck waiting for the new crew to arrive in order for you to now fly? Would you still feel the same way or would you not care about their plans at that point because you have plans of your own? Just curious.
edit on 4/10/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Clearly the politician.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

I have been taking abuse all day for trying to explain this on reddit as my wife works for an airline, but I will just say I keep seeing "over sold by 4 seats" but this is quite different. They sold precisely the correct amount of seats but last minute they had to fly a new crew to take over a flight. They were in a position where they either displace 4 people or displace an entire flight.

It was obviously not handled correctly on the plane but it wasn't United employees that drug that man off the plane, it was police. If there is anyone to be furious out for knocking the Dr. out and dragging him off it is them. I don't expect that will change anyones mind but the misplaced outrage of what is essentially a 1st world problem is immature, ignorant, and unnecessary.

Every single airline has to do this at times, this is just the first time it has been on the news because the passenger refused to leave. The whole thing sucks, but flying is a privilege not a right. Anyone furious with UA, I challenge you to either quit flying all together or find an airline that doesn't have to displace passengers from time to time in order to move employees. It will be the same result either way.

I don't think anyone is all that upset about the fact that an airline needed to bump passengers due to their lack of good planning. As you said Airlines have to do this all the time because of their bad planning.

I think what is upsetting people is that the airline choose to have a man assaulted instead of offering fair compensation to 4 of their passengers who had to be inconvenienced.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: Miracula2

Where do you draw the line? Who verifies the Doctors credentials? What if you have 2 doctors, who decides which ones practice is more important? What if you have 2 doctors, a fireman, and a politician? Everyone's day is important, you can't decide who flies and who doesn't based on their career.

Most likely the criteria for deciding who is in the lottery and who isn't has much to do with how much they paid for their ticket, how often they fly with United/American, what or if they have status etc. I am just guessing here.

a reply to: proteus33

What if you were on the flight stuck waiting for the new crew to arrive in order for you to now fly? Would you still feel the same way or would you not care about their plans at that point because you have plans of your own? Just curious.

If I was on that other flight that had to be grounded because of the airlines bad planing I would be angree with the airline and demand some compensation.

I wouldn't blame other passengers on another flight for this misplaning on the airlines part. I certainly wouldn't want a man asulted so that I can leave on time.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join