It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy strike group to move toward Korean peninsula

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Preemptive strikes make us the war criminals but there's sure nothing wrong with showing them a little muscle either.
Un is a dangerously insane man. He does not feel the value of human life. But he may value his own and back off to preserve it.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well to be fair, it hasn't happened yet..

Even though it looks like we are going toward that direction, let's hope Trump knows a lot more than he's telling us and these are all well calculated moves. Or behind the scenes there is something bigger going on..

Ding Ding Ding! Everytime people say oh this is the end of Trump! He's always vindicated. Everytime. This is yawn, North Korea should have been dealt with along time ago, to MAGA, means you can't have a hostile nation saying crap like "death to America" over and over again while making Nukes. America's enemies should fear and respect it. To be Alpha Dog means making everyone else it's Beta, Time to house train this bad dog.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What does responding to a chemical weapons attack on civilians have to do with north Korea?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: face23785

So why did we bomb them? Because Assad for some unknown reason decided to gas his own people knowing the consequences of doing such a thing? I don't believe that for a second, sounds like a good excuse to invade the place though, good thing for the MIC

Whether you believe the reason we bombed them or not, we're not at war. Stop spreading lies.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i love how the US goes to other countries because of "THEIR worrisome behaviors.."
i cant wait until there is a level playing field where the victors arent writing history.
no one is holding us accountable for any of our actions abroad.

As an American, I can wait. It'd be nice if we minded our own business, but I certainly don't want to be equalized. Selfish but true

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Preemptive strikes make us the war criminals but there's sure nothing wrong with showing them a little muscle either.

How about preemptive retaliation?

Gotta put aircraft carriers somewhere. Northwest Pacific is as good a place as any.

edit on 4/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I was in S.Korea in the early 1990's. I loved it. Itaewon was an almost a spiritual experience! Anything / Any label / discount. Of many adventures, in truth I'm proud to say I still sometimes wear a suit made from cloth on the bale by the excellent Mr Kim 😊

However it goes with N.Korea I wish S.Korea only peace, and that it remains "The Land of Morning Calm".

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

How long before the first strike? Hours?

en.wikipedia.org...

As of June 2014, 9 of the 17 (53%) hit-to-kill intercept tests have succeeded. The flight intercept tests from 2010 to 2013 were not successful.[15] In response the Pentagon is asking for a budget increase and another test for the fielded program

Since there is only a 53% success ratio of ICBM interception tests. It would cause a NATO strike against the NK nuclear program if China were not successful in deterring the President of North Korea supporting Syria's use of illegal weapons against Syrian children.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: BlueAjah

Oh God. All I can take from your post is that even though he said he wouldn't take us to war, you knew he would, so that's why you voted for him.

BlueAjah, you are a puppet and mouthpiece for him. You and I will never agree on anything. If you can't see what this joker truly is by now, then I'm sorry for the day you will. I am, and that's really about all I have to say to you.

He's taking us down a very dangerous path because he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. He has no place in the WH.
His daughter has no place in the WH. His son in law has no place in the WH, and all the crooks, money whores, and corrupt people he has appointed, have no place in the WH.

That is all.

Look at the big picture. Forget allegiances to whatever political party you side with and have a really close look . Look really hard... you want a politician that tells the truth ? No politician tells the truth . Doesn't matter what party they are with or what country they are from , you will not find a truthfull politician, anywhere.

Maybe at the start of their career they are pretty much a blank slate with ambition and morals , but through time they will work their way up the chain and the further up they go , the less truth and morrals matter to them unless it gets them votes to stay in a job. It's called self preservation, a trait that all humans have.

So if you think Clinton or any other politician would have been better then you obviously haven't looked deep enough into the rabbit hole.

This north Korea issue has been going on for too long now. Be thankful that we know how modernised their nuclear program is, because of that you feel pretty safe right?

Now imagine if the UK was making the same threats? Would you feel as safe?. Would you still not want a strike group to head out as a show of force because your president said he would not take you to war Wether he said he wouldnt in the past or not?

No, you wouldn't care who was in office or what was said as long as action is taken to keep you and your family and friends safe.

I implore you to look into that rabbit hole.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa
a reply to: Nyiah

I was in S.Korea in the early 1990's. I loved it. Itaewon was an almost a spiritual experience! Anything / Any label / discount. Of many adventures, in truth I'm proud to say I still sometimes wear a suit made from cloth on the bale by the excellent Mr Kim 😊

However it goes with N.Korea I wish S.Korea only peace, and that it remains "The Land of Morning Calm".

South Korea has a lot to lose if hostilities break out. Estimates say the entire country would be leveled in a few minutes, and they're probably right. Then there's the aftermath. After all the fighting in NK (and that wouldn't be an easy victory, casualties would be very high), it's SK who would have to reunify and deal with the economic burden of the north for generations in order to make them successful again.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Major Ed Dames will be right...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

that is if you assume the US-South will win that war. The first Korean war wasn't exactly won...and there weren't nukes.

What if in the process US gets an EMP?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
...there's sure nothing wrong with showing them a little muscle either. Un is a dangerously insane man. He does not feel the value of human life. But he may value his own and back off to preserve it.

Actually, that's the basic wrong move and this is about as stupid as policy to North Korea gets(short of actually triggering the big war). It's real newb stuff, real macho bs. This is because Kim wins whenever there is a crisis. If we imminentize a crisis, he wins big.

It goes like this. If war breaks out with North Korea, there is nothing we or anyone can do to save Seoul. It's a modern city with millions of people and it is right on the border. Because it's right on the border, there is nothing anybody can do to prevent NK from being ready to turn it into a hell on Earth if war breaks out, and that is exactly what they have done over the past ~half century, what they are ready to do if war begins.

So every crisis goes the same. They play a game of chicken and eventually they all do a deal, which is inevitably mostly a secret deal given the nature of NK and how embarassing it is/would be for our President/Generals to have to do a deal with that guy. The deal is always that Kim (previously his father) gets a bunch of free stuff and makes a bunch of empty promises.

In other words, every crisis that has to be solved with deal making is Kim shaking down our macho idiot generals and getting the last laugh. Thus a crisis means we've already lost again. What do we get from them? Nothing. We need nothing from North Korea. So every time the prize is that they get to back down and give NK a bunch of free stuff to avoid starting a war that will kill millions and destroy most of South Korea in a pretty short amount of time.

In this case especially, the way to win is to not play. You ignore the child and their tantrums as much as possible. The Neocons and macho nitwit sort of Generals have already failed to do that and now Kim is all but assured of winning a bunch more free stuff in exchange for empty promises in a few days or weeks.
edit on 10-4-2017 by 11andrew34 because: clarification

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tekn1cal

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: BlueAjah

Oh God. All I can take from your post is that even though he said he wouldn't take us to war, you knew he would, so that's why you voted for him.

BlueAjah, you are a puppet and mouthpiece for him. You and I will never agree on anything. If you can't see what this joker truly is by now, then I'm sorry for the day you will. I am, and that's really about all I have to say to you.

He's taking us down a very dangerous path because he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. He has no place in the WH.
His daughter has no place in the WH. His son in law has no place in the WH, and all the crooks, money whores, and corrupt people he has appointed, have no place in the WH.

That is all.

This north Korea issue has been going on for too long now. Be thankful that we know how modernised their nuclear program is, because of that you feel pretty safe right?

No, you wouldn't care who was in office or what was said as long as action is taken to keep you and your family and friends safe.

I implore you to look into that rabbit hole.

We are dealing with a Nuclear state with as many as one hundred warheads with ready ICBM that can reach USA. It has two satellites that probably are charged by EMP devices, nuclear or other. How North Korea got the super-modern space center shown on videos, the ICBM on mobile platforms, or miniaturized nukes that some say, could be ignition devices for hydrogen bombs, I don't know. We'd better accept it for a fact.

Remember how the beginning of the Cold War USA dealt with USSR, with much lesser nukes, much simpler missiles. Still, no one sane reasoning was going to "attack USSR to feel safe". For comparison, the Cuban crisis had only some 20 missiles.

If someone will feel safer by attacking a nuclear country and doesn't fear backfire from "starving communist dictatorship North Korea", then one should think again where China stands in the bigger picture. They may say Everything, but they play according their own rules going back 5,000 years old empire. Perhaps they have their own plans how to overcome USA, and North Korea is one piece in it.

So...with every bold step we close on Armageddon...Perhaps the Angels from above won't be happy to gather souls in that great number...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The situation does feel a bit like the Cuban missile crises during the days of JFK. Not that bad just yet. Korea has been hot for a while, getting on to 3 generations.

It is testing the gray zone, just where the line is. There is only one solution for Korea and that is for Korea to work it out. A bit more motivation for reunification is not necessarily a bad thing.

Trump is new to the job. He found it tough to pull a judge in line over the travel ban. Trying to pull these neocons in line is going to be a lot tougher. I do see it taking a couple of years for him to settle in the job and have a stronger presidential line.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
that is if you assume the US-South will win that war. The first Korean war wasn't exactly won...and there weren't nukes.

I don't know if the US could win it in an acceptable fashion, but I do think the combined might of China, US, and SK, would be able to avoid losing ground, and eventually push the border further north. The problem, is that it's heavily fortified, mountainous terrain, full of guereilla warfare, with a population every bit as fanatical and willing to fight to the death as the Japanese in WW2. Every inch would be paid for with a lot of blood, and it's not even like it's good terrain.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: 2012newstart

I don't know if the US could win it in an acceptable fashion, but I do think the combined might of China, US, and SK, would be able to avoid losing ground, and eventually push the border further north. The problem, is that it's heavily fortified, mountainous terrain, full of guereilla warfare, with a population every bit as fanatical and willing to fight to the death as the Japanese in WW2. Every inch would be paid for with a lot of blood, and it's not even like it's good terrain.

I'm not sure how much the population is willing to fight to the death. Many defectors have related that the population and even many of the armed forces are mainly kept in line via fear. If we did a decapitation strike I'm not sure the whole country would go down for their dead wacko leaders.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Blinky blinky, somebody did a stinky.

There was cheering in the halls of the puzzle palace not long ago.

Buck

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I'm not sure how much the population is willing to fight to the death. Many defectors have related that the population and even many of the armed forces are mainly kept in line via fear. If we did a decapitation strike I'm not sure the whole country would go down for their dead wacko leaders.

Fear is a powerful motivator. Look at what people did in WW1 just because they were afraid of their officers killing them on the spot if they refused.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: face23785

Fear is a powerful motivator. Look at what people did in WW1 just because they were afraid of their officers killing them on the spot if they refused.

No doubt. My point is that once you remove that element they are afraid of, the Kim regime, I'm not sure the people would be willing to fight to the death on principle. I could be wrong. Hopefully we never have to find out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join