It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy strike group to move toward Korean peninsula

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So we should just impeach him because he's a liar? If that were the case, every president in history would've been impeached. See a trend here?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i love how the US goes to other countries because of "THEIR worrisome behaviors.."
i cant wait until there is a level playing field where the victors arent writing history.
no one is holding us accountable for any of our actions abroad.

And if N.Korea shells Seoul or nukes Japan or something, we're pulled in anyway.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
This crap is exactly what he said he would not do, so it follows it is exactly what he's going to do.

Impeach him now while we still can.

How do you think that this is not what he said he would do? He said that China should deal with North Korea, but he did say many times that something has to be done. There is no way to know what was discussed with the leader of China this week.

This is one of the reasons I voted for Trump. He is not going to sit back and be a weak president. Obama scared me. He did nothing about North Korea. Sanctions and talking have not worked.

Sept. 2016:

How would a President Trump react if North Korea had nuclear weapons that could make it to the U.S.?

Conway’s short version: “North Korea and the rest of the world would know, Charlie, that President Trump and Vice President Pence aren’t messing around with anybody who is trying to threaten our lives.”

The anchors pressed on. But what would he do to make sure they knew the U.S. wasn’t messing around?

“He’s not going to reveal all of his plans and he’s made that very clear and maybe someone can ask him in a debate. But the fact is that this entire world would be put on notice that there’s a strong leader in the White House,” Conway said. “There would be no failures in Syria, in Libya, in Benghazi. There would be no Russia reset. There would be no advance of ISIS, who our own President called the JV team,” she continued.

source

Why is anyone surprised if something happens? We knew it was coming:

Dec. 2016

When Donald Trump first strides into the Oval Office as president, his perfect day is likely to be ruined by a file marked "North Korea." Trump's (first? only?) term in office may include either a messy confrontation with an unpredictable, highly combustible regime, or a rogue nation gaining the power to destroy large portions of Los Angeles with nuclear weapons. Or both.
But the Obama administration's policy of "strategic patience" has been hard to distinguish from paralysis in the face of bad choices.
Is it acceptable to have North Korean nuclear weapons targeted on American cities?

Plenty of experts will give a firm "no." Accommodating the North Korean nuclear threat to America would send the message that anti-proliferation efforts are essentially dead. It would put immense destructive power in the hands of a psychopathic leader. It would invite and enable emulation. It might provide North Korea with a sense of impunity, encouraging catastrophic miscalculations.

source

I have been shaking my head for days now, reading so many on these forums, who are supposed to be more informed than most, who seem shocked and surprised by Trump's actions. It has been so long since we had a strong president that people forget. Trump is going to be busy cleaning up the mess left by Obama. America needs to be safe again, and that is what Trump promised. Defending the US is not what the past presidents have done, with their political interventions in other countries. Trump is defending us. Get used to it.

edit on 4/8/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yes, but these are unprecedented and unpredictable times. If I told you Trump would strike Syria 48 hours after the chemical attack, what would you say?

What would I say?

SOP: something happens in the Middle East, and we either bomb the crap out of them, or invade them.

Standard Operating Proceedure for the last 20 years or so.

Where have you been?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Good job Trump, you may have just gotten us into WW3.

Hope you guys who voted for him are happy.

You guys should be happy if it does, means everyone starts over on an even playing field. No more 1%.

edit on 8-4-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Good job Trump, you may have just gotten us into WW3.

Hope you guys who voted for him are happy.

You guys should be happy if it does, means everyone starts over on an even playing field. No more 1%.

True dat! IF you are among the lucky enough to survive it.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

So what's your issue with this thread? Did you read my OP entirely? I'm not advocating war, or fear mongering. I presented the articles and speculated what could happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

there are multiple unconfirmed reports of the same on twitter.

20 tanks, artillery, via northen Jordan. However Mike Cernovich getting reports of "boots on the ground" by June 1... stay tuned.

The frequently laughed at john titor story (archived on ATS) did mention a "brief middle eastern nuclear war" prior to a larger war, in 2015. Of course, anyone could predict that. I think my mom predicted that in the 80's...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

but an equally good chance of no more family - since approximately 2-3Billion people would die, of our total of 7B.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Never said I had an issue with your thread.

And: you're coming off pretty hostile there dude...might want to check that at the door.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The usual MSM suspects are reporting nothing about any invasion. I checked US and UK news outlets. There is nothing in the german news either. This is literally just fake news. A very pathetic attempt i might add.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: drphilxr
a reply to: Wardaddy454

but an equally good chance of no more family - since approximately 2-3Billion people would die, of our total of 7B.

Well Progressives talk about over population all the time, so again, they should be happy.

link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Oh God. All I can take from your post is that even though he said he wouldn't take us to war, you knew he would, so that's why you voted for him.

BlueAjah, you are a puppet and mouthpiece for him. You and I will never agree on anything. If you can't see what this joker truly is by now, then I'm sorry for the day you will. I am, and that's really about all I have to say to you.

He's taking us down a very dangerous path because he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. He has no place in the WH.
His daughter has no place in the WH. His son in law has no place in the WH, and all the crooks, money whores, and corrupt people he has appointed, have no place in the WH.

That is all.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hillary would of done the same or worse. Please she supported the notion hours before it happened..gonna blame folks wanting to express their freedom to vote?

Who could of been elected from the two, that would of done differently?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Hillary would of done the same or worse. Please she supported the notion hours before it happened..gonna blame folks wanting to express their freedom to vote?

You are very likely right about that. But no matter who does it doesn't mean it's the judicious thing to do.

link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

And that means she's still recieving information from State.

link   

Hillary supported the notion too...now what do you have to say?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Cracks me up every time I see a post or thread here on ATS: ZOMG! US Naval ships are going to Korea! 

Yah....uh, no kidding. We're there. Been there.

How am I being hostile? Nothing about my post was hostile at all? I'm sorry if you felt that way.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Meanwhile, Paul Joseph Watson just tweeted this from "Partisangirl"

"The US has just invaded #Syria from #Jordan"

"Big if true"

twitter.com...

Something big potentially brewing on 2 fronts!

I'm following this.
This is the info I have (note, some are still rumors and claims):
- Troop (including armour) movement has been spotted at the Jordan-Syria border
- Military jet planes have been spotted buzzing above the sky at fast speeds (claims are that they are from Israel)
- A US cargo ship docked in Jordan yesterday. Articles claim it had military cargo.

I can confirm that the US cargo ship 'Libarty Passion' docked in Jordan yesterday. But I don't know what cargo they were carrying.

There are some articles popping up claiming that there was a car-bomb at the Jordan-Syrian border, followed by a skirmish between ISIS and Jordan at the same border.
The troops are believed to be a response to the ISIS attack and the jets are believed to be from Jordan, not Israel.

This is all still mixed up and all over the place.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Of course its not imo. I fought against gwb and obama on this sillines (horror)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join