It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But John Kerry Said They Got 100 percent of the Chemical Weapons Out Of Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm a little confused on how Syria has any Chemical weapons. I mean Obama and Russia came to an agreement back in 2013 that Syria would give all of its chemical weapons to Russia. So how are they still using them?

September 2013

Russia and the United States, in their third day of talks in Switzerland, said Saturday they have reached a groundbreaking deal on a framework to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov stood side by side in Geneva as they set out a series of steps the Syrian government must follow.

Syria must submit a comprehensive list of its chemical weapons stockpile within one week, Kerry said, and international inspectors must be on the ground no later than November.

President Barack Obama said in a statement that the framework "represents an important concrete step toward the goal of moving Syria's chemical weapons under international control so that they may ultimately be destroyed."

CNN

Or was that just fake news / propaganda because just yesterday Politifact posted a revision about the truthfullness of the Obama admins statements reguarding Syria's chemical weapons.

The outcry leads us to revisit a 2014 claim from former Secretary of State John Kerry. Kerry said in a television interview that in Syria, "we got 100 percent of the chemical weapons out."

Syria had agreed in 2013 to an ambitious program to destroy its chemical stockpiles under international supervision, as part of a deal brokered by Russia. When Kerry spoke in July 2014, the process seemed far along. Based on reports from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons -- which later won the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts -- we rated that claim Mostly True.

There were caveats about incomplete information, but at the time, international experts said the claim largely held up. Given recent events, we have pulled that fact-check

So what happened? Did they lie? Did Russia just turn around and give the chemical weapons back to Syria? Is this a false flag attack designed to get us into Syria?

So now Trump is saying "something should happen"

"I think what Assad did is terrible. I think what happened in Syria is one of the truly egregious crimes. It shouldn't have happened. It shouldn't be allowed to happen," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One. "I think what happened in Syria is a disgrace to humanity. He's there, and I guess he's running things, so something should happen."

Defense Secretary James Mattis will lead Trump through his available options, including what the potential consequences for military action could be.
If the decision is made to strike, the US military has warships and aircraft in the area ready to go.

Full article

I would like to remind Trump of his own words back in 2013.

June 15, 2013

We should stay the hell out of Syria, the "rebels" are just as bad as the current regime. WHAT WILL WE GET FOR OUR LIVES AND $ BILLIONS?ZERO

Aug 29, 2013

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.

Add to that, Russia has weighed in with an interview with the AP

President Vladimir Putin's spokesman said Thursday that Russia's support for Syrian President Bashar Assad is not unconditional, but that the country demands a full investigation of the suspected chemical attack on a rebel-held province in Syria before the United Nations takes any action.

Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov's remarks came two days after the suspected chemical attack killed at least 72 people. Moscow, Assad's key backer, has supported the Syrian government militarily in the ongoing conflict since 2015. Peskov told The Associated Press in an interview that "unconditional support is not possible in this current world," but added that "it is not correct to say that Moscow can convince Mr. Assad to do whatever is wanted in Moscow. This is totally wrong.
AP Link

So will this latest chemical attack be used as a means to justify going into Syria, the same way WMD's were used to justify the invasion of Iraq?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yeah, that confused me too. According to Russia, chemical weapons and their factories were taken care of, but of course neither Russia or Assad would let anyone inspect these factories and warehouses to confirm this.

Poor Kerry, he took their word for it. Well, you can't just blame Kerry since this has become a global matter.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think Kerry intended to say...

"We already blew up all the chemical weapons we armed the rebels with".

link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

The tidbit around 1:30 sums it up nicely:

They got all the declared chemical weapons out. Doesn't mean they necessarily stayed out of the country, just that at some point they were removed from the country.

And don't worry about anything that isn't declared, those don't count.

link   
Well we may have some drums of war looming on the horizon, the problem is that is not going to be as easy as people think, Russia is embedded in Syria and if they don't cooperate we could have some bad results.

Changing the regime is not easy, we as a country have a bad reputation when it come to forced regime change.

But let see what is going to happen.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The problem isn't that they were lying about the chemical weapons.

The problem is that they may have been telling the truth.

Ergo, Assad did get rid of all the chemical weapons and we helped dispose of them.

Ergo, the CIA may have been responsible for this attack in an attempt to lure Trump into an open conflict with Assad and therefor Russia.

Maybe. I don't know.

edit on 4/6/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The terrorists have been receiving chemical weapons from Saudi Arabia.

They found a load of them after the liberation of East Aleppo.

So that's where they're coming from.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Precisely. I would add that Russia just said that Assad support is not unconditional. That adds more possible angles.

link   

I thought about that, you know I look at Assad and is very difficult to picture him using chemical weapons on this own people.

Who could benefit from a regime change, as usual is not the people, but those that are waiting for the opportunity to step in, after destabilization is rampant, those are factious groups, terrorist and opportunist, none have the country and their citizens at hart.

link   
Even Politifact had to admit it was misleading people for three years.

PolitiFact Retracts ‘Mostly True’ Ruling That U.S. Removed ‘100 Percent’ of Syria’s Chemical Weapons

freebeacon.com...

Guess we can't trust these so-called 'Fact Check' sites.
edit on 6-4-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I thought about that, you know I look at Assad and is very difficult to picture him using chemical weapons on this own people.

Or be dumb enough knowing the international outcry that would result.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Yeah, the CIA is never to be trusted but that's a lot of Ergo.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Who could benefit from a regime change, as usual is not the people, but those that are waiting for the opportunity to step in, after destabilization is rampant, those are factious groups, terrorist and opportunist, none have the country and their citizens at hart.

Yea well people described Ted Bundy as being good looking, charming, intelligent, and well dressed.

Wouldn't exactly use that as a barometer for how nice somebody is.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I guess that it's just a ruse to keep the war mongers occupied and in a few weeks a report gets leaked that it was sabotage and not Assad. The uninformed and gullible american people will hate Trump regardless what his next move is gonna be. It's an impossible situation and it looks orchestrated.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Exactly, I more to this attack that met the eye it could be something working behind the scene to create the environment so the UN take him our of power and create a vacuum so the opportunist can walk right in.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Let me tell you youngsters a little story about the horse faced ketchup monster , alright ??

This damned fool, one day was shooting a thumper (M-79) at pile of concrete debris. ( Only God knows for what reason.)
A fragment came back and hit him in the arm, flesh wound so to speak.
He writes himself up for purple heart. ( And it went thru.)

He is one sorry Sierra Omaha Alpha Bravo.

Buck

edit on 6-4-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Bashar Al-Assad: Well, now that I've spent more than 5 years fighting Sunni extremists who are being paid and armed to take over my country, kept the Kurds who are trying to expand their territory mostly at bay, successfully garnered practical support from my allies in Lebanon, Iran and Russia to bolster my own forces and kept those allies broadly on side with keeping me in power, limited the expansionist Turkey ingress into my country and finally reached a point where the international community seem to have accepted that it would be more trouble than its worth to get rid of me, whilst reaching the point where I'm consolidating my hold on all the areas I expect to control when this war is over....

I think I'll create some Sarin gas out of nowhere and attack a load of civilians in order to ruin all of that and destroy my future. I'd rather have an international force partition my country to its own ends and either have me killed by some conveniently placed enemy extremists or if that isn't possible placed on trial for war crimes and executed.

Vice Pres: Okayyyyyyy (backs away slowly)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's because they're probably ours, but nobody even want to think about that possibility.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
It's because they're probably ours, but nobody even want to think about that possibility.

The US has far more advanced biological warfare agents and Sarin is pretty easy to come by too. There is also the whole media outcry and that's always a red flag. I'm not sure what triggered it but i'm now much more open to consider other possibilities. I now recognize certain patterns in the german news outlets too. I recall one specific headline that got repeated for months and it was always about the last hospital that got bombed in Aleppo. How many last hospitals existed in Aleppo if it's always the last one that gets destroyed over and over again. I no longer trust the media and their narrative.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join