It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass of Merlot gives brain a work out: Drinking wine engages brain more than any other human behavi

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Clos Du Bois paid for this study.

Did they have any help from the Baroness Lafite?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
.....as I fill my glass with Merlot, a toast to all.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This would make sense! I once saw a wino perform surgery on himself after he woke up and he had slept on broken shards of glass.

Lol drinking alcohol kills braincells = brainworkout for the highly educated.

Merlot tastes like crap sorry! It might have health benefits but serously people cant be this dense.

edit on 5-4-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Where do I sign up to be a test subject?!?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He's probably subsidized by the American Wine Makers Association.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have tried every wine possible and they all taste like puke. Seriously.. rotten grape puke. I want to use my wine glasses... and all I can put in them is Dr Pepper. If I put my pinky up I feel special.

Yummy Chambord.. wonder if that would do...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

If you can get a hold of it where you are try some Duplin muscadine or their scuppernong. Some of their wines tastes exactly like your out in the woods and ran across a muscadine vine. A few taste just like muscadines , very tasty.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: savagediver

If you can get a hold of it where you are try some Duplin muscadine or their scuppernong. Some of their wines tastes exactly like your out in the woods and ran across a muscadine vine. A few taste just like muscadines , very tasty.

Ohh I definitely will! I wanted to do it for the health benefits really, but Ive went through about 20 different bottles.. all icky.

Thank you so much!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yep, sell more of the red stuff.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

And super cheap.. Id been spending a fortune... holy cow! THANKS again!!

www.wine-searcher.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Have you tried a mid priced port? Careful, it is strong.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Have you tried a mid priced port? Careful, it is strong.

Ive tried mid and high.. and a few very high.. and its all pukey tasting. I mean Im not being funny... it has this acidic rotten fruit vomit quality that really turns me off. I like sweeeeet stuff. I get a fountain soda of Dr Pepper and put even more cherry syrup in it. LOL! Im a bourbon and whiskey lover... and its the sweet in those I love... and the musk of the barrel.

Season... I even tried wines from Italy when we were IN Itly.. gag.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Wow..thanks for that info! Might explain why my favorite moments for creating ATS threads is after the nightly glass or 2 of Merlot.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Wow..thanks for that info! Might explain why my favorite moments for creating ATS threads is after the nightly glass or 2 of Merlot.

I dont drink as a rule.. I get, erm, ROWDY. I want to fight and drive.. and cant do either when Im drinking. So, I imagine me posting drunk would be a complete disaster that involves a ban and a tip to DHS cybercrimes division ...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You are not a wine person, and that is OK. I like Merlot, but it isn't love at first sip. Like beer, it is an acquired taste.
edit on 5-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes we can pontificate the origins of man while 1/2 in the bag, I do not touchy the keyboardy at any time after 2 real glasses of wine.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You are not a wine person, and that is OK. I like Merlot, but it isn't love at first sip. Like beer, it is an acquired taste.

Dont like beer either.

Im going to try what was suggested earlier. Seriously, I dont think I was born with whatever tastebuds wine drinkers have that tells them its yummy. Ive sure tried.. I mean Im not a young kid.. and Ive tried for years to find one. Even wine tasting trips with a few friends. Felt like I might as well be sipping mad dog 20/20.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I don't think Merlot was good at first. I first started with zinfandel, then moved to merlot. I really don't super like beer, it is an offensive taste to me. But if I was to try, I imagine I could develop a taste for it.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This explains it

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I have seen many an Einstein recite very difficult equations while in the middle of a "brain stimulation" at bars. It is truly impressive.

Were they trying to Check if their change was correct?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join