It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No way it is coincidence that morality is not taught in schools, Universities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You wanna conspiracy, you better be seated for this one.

I've always been good at getting good grades, not saying I am smart just street smart within school context.

Out of high school I went straight to University of Victoria and later transferred to UBC giant well known University in Vancouver.

I've studied all kinds of things and when I needed to build credits I took variety of courses out of pure interest

Schools will teach you all kinds of useful and useless stuff, but they simply won't teach you to be a moral member of society.

GET THIS because this is fascinating

You can have 1-10 diplomas on your wall and in all that time no one bothered to teach you right from wrong.

Oh sure you can take philosophy courses that drown you in pointless scenarios that border on sci-fi

You can take divinity courses that teach religious dogma

Sure you can take sociology courses that teach how morality is in the eye of beholder, as if killing or torturing someone against their will is just a matter of personal-cultural perspective

And students lap this stuff up

Sickening

Even if you go into medical, they teach you do no harm STRICTLY in the context of surgery/healing. Nothing to do with being a moral person.

A society that will teach you anything you want, except how to think morally act morally

Service to self society, everything based on fear and greed.

EXACTLY HOW GOVERNMENT AND BANKERS LIKE IT

say it ain't true

How is it that designers of school programs (guys with PhDs) skip over these:

Tell the truth
Be kind to others
Obey laws
Question unjust laws
Help others if you can
Don't let yourself be used by unscrupulous
Uphold justice
Uphold truth as personal duty
Maintain healthy body

And lets face it, this would naturally lead to :

Measure your leaders and government by the above list.

Oh, now you see why schools don't teach morality.

Here is 17 sec clip

edit on 2-4-2017 by LesterJust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Congratulations,now what are you going to do about it?This is a fine beginning.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LesterJust

If you need school, particularly college, to teach you right from wrong you are pretty much royally effed to begin with.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Hell

Maybe I should write a book, but honestly what good will it do

Without affording expensive marketing agency, how man readers would be interested

Books without body counts. Not interesting to the masses

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

And here is me thinking morals were taught at home .

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
How can the military industry flourish with an offensive agenda if they had morals? How could all the satanic / blackmail / pedophilia networks continue to grow and hold their positions of power with morals?

In looking at the legacy Obama left in the Middle East and his support for the Islamic extremist of Saudi Arabia and others, slavery in many forms is still alive, doing well and is international. The attack on morals is needed to keep the policies on slavery alive.

It's great to see you found some with all this spiritual warfare going on, well done.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you need school, particularly college, to teach you right from wrong you are pretty much royally effed to begin with.

I think you are missing the point mister high and mighty Freemason elite whatever

And that is the system is taking over complete schooling of kids, relying less and less on parents

And if system refuses to teach morality

Over generations morality become extinct

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

And here is me thinking morals were taught at home .

And how is that working out ?

I assume you think it is working out just fine and peachy
edit on 2-4-2017 by LesterJust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Sheeple are easier to herd. Easier to control. Only need one dog to control a hundred sheeple. Sheeple with morals become people that are free and don't want live any other way.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The public US university I went to required everyone to take an ethics and values philosophy class.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

And how is that working out ?

Actually i think my moral compass is set pretty accurately .

link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Oh am not saying I am perfect

But yeah when I see crap I call it crap

I don't put sugar on it

link   
School is not where you learn your morality, its at home with your parents.
edit on 2-4-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Sheeple are easier to herd. Easier to control. Only need one dog to control a hundred sheeple. Sheeple with morals become people that are free and don't want live any other way.

Yup, precisely my point

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtEsquire
The public US university I went to required everyone to take an ethics and values philosophy class.

Honestly I have trouble believing this

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

They don't want thinking feeling human beings they want drones. That way you don't question authority.

Good for you for not losing your humanity in all that vacuum of banality. Find your niche where you can remain you. Refrain from trying to fix the larger picture, you can't. Just behave the way you know in your heart you are supposed to. Your inner beacon will guide you thru.

Be the example you want set, be the change you want to see. Like you just did here. There are others who see the same as you and get inspiration from that.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Really. That's awesome

What about others. Are you as confident in their moral compas

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesterJust
You wanna conspiracy, you better be seated for this one.

I've always been good at getting good grades, not saying I am smart just street smart within school context.

Out of high school I went straight to University of Victoria and later transferred to UBC giant well known University in Vancouver.

I've studied all kinds of things and when I needed to build credits I took variety of courses out of pure interest

Schools will teach you all kinds of useful and useless stuff, but they simply won't teach you to be a moral member of society.

GET THIS because this is fascinating

You can have 1-10 diplomas on your wall and in all that time no one bothered to teach you right from wrong.

Oh sure you can take philosophy courses that drown you in pointless scenarios that border on sci-fi

You can take divinity courses that teach religious dogma

Sure you can take sociology courses that teach how morality is in the eye of beholder, as if killing or torturing someone against their will is just a matter of personal-cultural perspective

And students lap this stuff up

Sickening

Even if you go into medical, they teach you do no harm STRICTLY in the context of surgery/healing. Nothing to do with being a moral person.

A society that will teach you anything you want, except how to think morally act morally

Service to self society, everything based on fear and greed.

EXACTLY HOW GOVERNMENT AND BANKERS LIKE IT

say it ain't true

How is it that designers of school programs (guys with PhDs) skip over these:

Tell the truth
Be kind to others
Obey laws
Question unjust laws
Help others if you can
Don't let yourself be used by unscrupulous
Uphold justice
Uphold truth as personal duty
Maintain healthy body

And lets face it, this would naturally lead to :

Measure your leaders and government by the above list.

Oh, now you see why schools don't teach morality.

Here is 17 sec clip

I thought parents didn't want schools to decide what is moral and not relative to that particular student???

Such as with teaching sex Ed and the massive blow back from the Christian community..

Or if you even mention like homosexuality or anything sexual besides abstinence.

Lots of Christians would say evolution is teaching morality..

Then there is the conservative push to suger coat history and stop teaching about the Indians, slavery, civil rights and other scandalous events.

And really it only gets into greyer territory from there...one persons facts are another ones morality , is another person's propaganda..

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesterJust
I think you are missing the point mister high and mighty Freemason elite whatever

No, I got the 'point', you think the state and/or school should be instructing children in morality which is rather sad. And I do appreciate you noticing my might.

Over generations morality become extinct

So, being that we have had many tens of thousands of generations of humans why do we still have morality?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

They do... well, did... teach morality at one point. I learned some of it, starting in the first grade.

I learned that if I start a fight, the other guy is going to hit me back. I learned that lying was an easy way to get into trouble or lose respect from my friends. I learned that if I'm mean to others, they will probably not like me and might be mean to me. I learned bullies are cowards with big egos. I learned that if I didn't follow the rules, I would be punished.

There was no textbook, no lecture, no tests. Morality class started when I woke up and ended when I went to bed.

Somewhere around high school, the lessons started getting harder. I learned that humans are unreliable, dishonest, backstabbing creatures that place little to no value on life. I learned that authority could (and probably would) be abused. I learned that popularity equaled power and vanity. Those lessons are even more intense today.

I saw the morals my kids were taught. I saw the lesson on never questioning authority when my son's locker was cut open, with him 20 feet away in a classroom, over an allegation from another student which was proven false, then the school refused to even replace the lock. I extended the lesson when I showed up in the pricipal's office, demanded my son be present, and proceeded to inform her what the law said about wanton destruction of private property. Yes, he got a new lock.

My daughter had one lesson where she was denied a field trip over religion, while a similar trip was approved for a different religion.

They still teach morality; make no mistake about that. The lessons still start when people wake up and stop when they go to bed. All that has changed is the content of the lessons. As a matter of fact, I look around me at the corruption, abuse, self-centered egotism, lack of true compassion, and intense hatred of others, and I am amazed at how bright our youth are. They have learned the lessons they were taught extremely well.

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join