It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post introduces the Tom DeLonge story, to the masses!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
When you read the comments, you realise that this project has an uphill struggle ahead if the goal is to make the subject more accepted by the community at large.

Or, perhaps I should say, the "internet comment community" which might not be quite the same.

There sure seems to be a lot of hostility.

BT

When you tell people, "I know what you want to know, but iam much more special and superior to you, so cant tell you" it tends to make people angry... It is better to shut up then, but that wont sell his stuff..

If the project is to tell people "I know stuff, wont share though" he is doing fine. If he wants to inform people, maybe he should do that, INFORM people, but i really doubt that is the goal of his project. So far he has only shared fiction with us, and we had to pay to read it..

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Doubtful that it's an appetite whetting. His latest book just dropped a couple weeks ago.

"New book" was mentioned multiple times during the article, and the article itself is in the "Entertainment" section of the WaPo.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps this is one big Psi-op to get the people together?
Not that thats a bad thing, but im skeptical on TDL and his disclosure.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

people would sell there soul for that sort of exposure, and to me seemed positive.

the question should be, why are the WP giving him the exposure, he has about 600,000 followers on twitter, hardly really in the limelight anymore.

Just because hes selling books, none of which made any bestsellers list the last time i looked (about a week ago)

so why give him the exposure, unless there's more to it!

680,000 followers on twitter, as it stands, it will be interesting to see if that rises in the coming weeks, Trump has 27 million.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I bought Tom's first two books. The first one was a fiction novel, which I have only gotten a little ways into. But it doesn't have anything concrete as far as I know. The second book was completely filled with speculation that the Gods our society worships are actually aliens. There was little proof offered there, not even enough to convince me of his hypothesis even though I already think it *could* be the case.

Hopefully in his later books he gets into some substance, but right now it is like one of those scams where the person promises to reveal something major and keeps publishing books with nothing major in them... because it's coming... and he wants to build up to the good stuff.

edit on 31pmFri, 31 Mar 2017 13:15:38 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yea I wouldn't get carried away with the "exposure" angle just yet.

A quick scan of the entertainment page of WaPo today, it has an article about some jazz musician I've never heard of doing a tribute to another jazz musician I've never heard of, an article about a teenage photographer taking pictures in NYC, and a review of a book by an author I've never heard of.

I think some perspective is in order here.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
MSM reporting it is either disinformation or they're really preparing us for something.

I don't even know what to think anymore, other than WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

When you read the comments, you realise that this project has an uphill struggle ahead if the goal is to make the subject more accepted by the community at large. Or, perhaps I should say, the "internet comment community" which might not be quite the same. There sure seems to be a lot of hostility.

The hostility has been earned. The AMA was a good example. But moreover, those who have been around for previous unveilings of this nature recognize it as the same pile of poo we have seen before. And the thing is, at least some of these previous piles have been acknowledged as such by the perpetrators themselves as disinfo projects. Now maybe THIS one is different, as we have people like Springer, the Voice of Authority, assuring us that Tom is sincere. Okay. I can accept that, but he may be naively sincere. Plus all this secrecy and "just wait" scenarios sound just like what we have seen previously. Perhaps Tom can pull it off, but the fact is this "franchise" (Tom's term, not mine) looks familiar. We have been down this road before.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Well, I cannot really disagree with you. I think the approach of mixing fiction and fact is "curious" to put it mildly.

And disclosure is not really to point people toward this or that and not providing any evidence that will stand up to any scrutiny.

So if it's not disclosure, I guess it's something else. Either some form of psy-op to turn the whole paranormal thing into something pro-government or something else entirely. I notice it is fairly anti-religious. Gods are just aliens etc.. And pro government. The government has finally got a grip and our "boxing gloves" are on. UFOs are bad news. Trust us, we got you.

I am very confused by the whole thing. If its some kind of psy-op it seems so.. I dunno, underwhelming...

BT

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ummm...that's the same reaction I was left with...
He wanted us to swallow the credulous nature of his non informative account...but all I was left with was an incredulous...WTF...

I can't believe he brought that sad game to ATS...all potato and no meat...a complete waste of time...

Not that I've ever been a believer...just a sci-fi kind of guy...

YouSir
edit on 31-3-2017 by YouSir because: of the of lacking...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
The fact that MSM is putting his story out there makes me go the other direction: it's even more questionable than it already was.

I can think of no good reason for them to be giving him page space other than to distract "us" from something else.

Money my man. Tom has resources, money, and connections that other UFO researchers don't have access to. I am with you on this, it brings more questions not fewer. They greased the wheels for a positive spin, because it will generate more income that way.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

So if it's not disclosure, I guess it's something else. Either some form of psy-op to turn the whole paranormal thing into something pro-government or something else entirely. I notice it is fairly anti-religious. Gods are just aliens etc.. And pro government. The government has finally got a grip and our "boxing gloves" are on. UFOs are bad news. Trust us, we got you.

That do seem to be the narrative. Narratives are wildly popular these days. The exact same points hit me. I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist or nuthin', ahem...but what better narrative could a Globalist desire than one such as this. Jus' sayin'.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Any port in n a storm, I guess?

Or in this case, any gullible punk to be told all these "Sekrets", which he can't share, but believe me, I'm a punk who had a crap start in life, trust me.

"I am just like you guys, I read the same forums, listen to coast2coast, read the same books. I am just like you guys, so trust me".

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

its in the national page- morning mix, next to politics articles, Michael Flynn. Trump articles next to it.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Now maybe THIS one is different, as we have people like Springer, the Voice of Authority, assuring us that Tom is sincere. Okay. I can accept that, but he may be naively sincere.

Which brings all kinds of thoughts rushing back to me. Serpo. The Aviary. Dr. Christopher "kit" Green. More. So much more.

The Men In Black(OPs) The Aviary & UFOs

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

its in the national page- morning mix, next to politics articles, Michael Flynn. Trump articles next to it.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Yeah, could be just filler, but it's right there with other news like you point out. And it is CIA-mouthpiece WaPo we're talking about here. I think it's there for a reason. I am finally becoming intrigued with Mr. Delonge's journey through this narrative of such longevity.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
wow abovetopsecret mentioned today in the express along with this crazy story

www.express.co.uk...

Mr McClelland described while monitoring an unspecified mission from the space centre's launch control centre on a 27-inch video screen, he saw the "alien" standing upright on two legs in the space shuttle payload bay, interacting with the two tethered US astronauts.

He said he watched it for one minute and seven seconds.

He says on another occasion he also saw a UFO at the rear of the shuttle.

He has detailed the experiences on his website www.stargate-chronicles.com, where he also claims to have been involved in 800-plus NASA operations, including the Apollo missions, the launching of the International Space Station and the space shuttle programme.

The website includes a picture labelled as him with Judy Resnick, the second ever US female astronaut who died in the 1986 Challenger space shuttle disaster alongside six others.

But a sceptic posted on a forum on the Abovetopsecret.com site which looks at "alternative topics" and conspiracy theories, questioning the validity of his claims.

He asked: "Why is it if you google his name it only comes up on UFO websites, or postings in forums where the topic of the post was UFOs? There are no mentions of him on NASA's site."

i wonder who the sceptic is, "Your Famous"

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yep, and it's in the entertainment section.

The Morning Mix is a blog WaPo puts together every day of things they think are interesting. Gee, do you think they might find an interview they did of a rock star turned self-proclaimed UFO expert to be interesting, especially when he's got a new book on the market? Maybe...juuuuust maybe.

It's not on the front page of the paper. Or the website's front page.

Hell, now it's not even at the top of the entertainment page anymore because newer articles have already bumped it. But really, there's no point in debating it further. You think an article three menus deep on the WaPo website is a big deal, I don't. Particularly not when the subject of the article is somebody who keeps promising a lot (just buy his book to see it!) but not delivering much (unless you buy his book!) aside from various renditions of "i know something you don't know!" (which are also detailed in his book!).

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

its not, i just checked again, sections>national>morning mix. and a few articles down and it's 10 hours old.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

This part really caught my attention in the WP article:

A Defense Department spokesman said in an email to The Washington Post that neither the Defense Department’s Community Relations nor the Air Force had records of such a meeting. The spokesman “did see one open source story that named generals who supposedly worked with Mr. DeLonge.” Both of the generals mentioned had retired, the representative said, the first in October 2013 and the other in June of 2014.

A careful distancing. An emphasis on the fact that they are retired generals. Private citizens, in other words. Nothing to do with the Air Force.

It's not as if they are giving him much help in the "Disclosure" effort.

BT
edit on 31-3-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join