It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post introduces the Tom DeLonge story, to the masses!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

So if it's not disclosure, I guess it's something else.

Well It's definitely not disclosure , his co-author already stated that . They are going to pretend its all real and build their stories from there.

So that something else IMO is related to selling books and movie deals in hopes of building an empire.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: Shamrock6

its not, i just checked again, sections>national>morning mix. and a few articles down and it's 10 hours old.

Yes, I know "it's not" on the front page or still on the entertainment page because it's already been bumped.

And yes, I know, it's three menus deep at this point to find it, when even just a few hours ago you could go directly to the entertainment page and it was still on there (reminder: it's not anymore) at the top.

Thank you for confirming what I said.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reasons for that could be because he is basically in line to clash with the billions on this earth that are tied to a creed,
i wouldn't want to be the guy, that tells them everything you believe is a sham,all religions are cargo cults, religious people are likely to take that news badly, and like i said, billions, billions of angry folks looking for "retribution" ....

but i dont even think TDL is gonna be the guy who tells everyone, he may be a small part of the disclosure/deception.

if we are going to discover that there is life out there, it is more likely to come from something like this, that brings us the informationwww.telegiz.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The object regarding disinfo in Ufology has always been to marginalize it, keep it on the little green men giggle side, and out of the mainstream, and that the aliens are our enemies or our friends depending on whose making the new movie about them.

They have accomplished all of that

Now with Levenda what is he saying?

That the UFO’s are related to metaphysical phenomenon and a variation of the ancient alien thesis

Where this leads to; I do not know

But we do know this, with the Trump era things are degenerating into some very very bad.

If there are interested aliens, they might have to intervene

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I agree that we, meaning the people who are interested in these topics, have been down this road before.

But I think it is important to remember that this narrative is not so much directed at us ( as the AMA perhaps demonstrated) as at Toms fanbase and those perhaps a little more unfamiliar with it all.

They don't have the ghost of Bennewitz and the spectre of Greer in their intellectual luggage, and perhaps this will look different to them?

I think most of the regulars here at ATS are a bit too hardened for this to be just accepted.

What would be really scary though, as narratives go, is if they do trot out something spectacular to back it up. Something real even. And what will we do then? Will we swallow the whole narrative hook, line and sinker, or will we manage to hold on to our very prudent scepticism?

I fear that if they have a carefully crafted narrative, which they are building now, and at the end of it produce something spectacular ( a "reversed engineered craft" for instance, real or not) a lot of people will buy the whole package.

Will we be able to keep our cool in the face of such an onslaught?

BT

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
hmmmmmm and Independence Day is right around the corner, so to speak....hopefully the won't be a third...the sequel blew chunks
edit on R292017-03-31T15:29:41-05:00k293Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Seeing as the world is falling apart (Brexit, Nato, possible EU falling etc) seems like a perfect time to unite the planet against alien threat. Whetver fake or genuine.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

reasons for that could be because he is basically in line to clash with the billions on this earth that are tied to a creed,
i wouldn't want to be the guy, that tells them everything you believe is a sham,all religions are cargo cults, religious people are likely to take that news badly, and like i said, billions, billions of angry folks looking for "retribution" ....

but i dont even think TDL is gonna be the guy who tells everyone, he may be a small part of the disclosure/deception.

if we are going to discover that there is life out there, it is more likely to come from something like this, that brings us the informationwww.telegiz.com...

I don't think anyone could tell them and have them believe it. Their bubble is strong and supported by billions of others. They will have to slowly die off while new humans are raised with more of an open mind.

It's funny to me that the people most likely to giggle and laugh off any mention of aliens essentially go to church each week and pray to an alien.

The next group to laugh are the scientists who believe that if us humans haven't figured it out yet then it probably doesn't exist. Both are foolishly closed minded in my book. If one can't look at the universe and realize how small we are and how relatively ignorant we are in the spec of time we have had to learn, then one cannot grow. It's just be born, jump in a bubble and stay there until you die for those folks. A sad existence.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Yeah, I guess there would be some backclash from that. However, I think that they are keeping back in order to see how this develops.

If you are running an op, that is perhaps what you would do. Let it evolve for a while and make adjustments as appropriate. No plan survives contact with the "enemy" and now they are nicely positioned for a quick withdrawal.

I can see the reply already: " The US Air Force did a study on the UFO phenomenon some time ago. It was called Project Blue Book, but it was determined that there was nothing of national security interest in this phenomenon. The individuals you mention are rerired and as private citizens they are, of course, free to do as they please with their time. The Air Force, however, has no position on the matter of UFOs and related phenomenon."

BT

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not to mention, he only answered a few people's questions during that hour. Then bounced without saying that's a wrap.
Just dropped the microphone and walked off stage.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Now with Levenda what is he saying?

He is saying he has no intentions of releasing any proof of anything nor disclose anything. He just wants you to assume its all real.

But we do know this, with the Trump era things are degenerating into some very very bad.

Yes , because before trump everything was peachy king. LOL

It is only NOW after trump that Corporations are running the show, we have world conflict, and citizens are too busy fighting among themselves over racism,sexism, and which party is better.

edit on 43331America/ChicagoFri, 31 Mar 2017 17:43:32 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

The next group to laugh are the scientists who believe that if us humans haven't figured it out yet then it probably doesn't exist.

They may laugh at what people believe with nothing to back it up, but they surely don't believe if they haven't figured it out yet then it probably doesn't exist. Actually they are aware that they haven't figured out a lot of things. Hence they spend billions annually trying to figure out things in scientific experiments in regards to what they think might be true or trying to find out what they don't know.

It appears to me that the most closed minded people are the ones that claim to have an open mind. They have open minds as long as everyone just agrees with them.

edit on 06331America/ChicagoFri, 31 Mar 2017 17:06:13 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

They may laugh at what people believe with nothing to back it up, but they surely don't believe if they haven't figured it out yet then it probably doesn't exist.

I agree with this. Scientists (which are people who do scientific research and not a species apart as some seem to think) privately believe a lot of things to be true. They just don't feel comfortable publishing things they cannot back up with (drum roll) scientific evidence.

Scientists can, and have, engaged with the UFO phenomenon quite seriously in the not so distant past (Hessdalen in Norway is a good example). They just need the proper motivation to do it.

Look at the scientists as S.E.T.I. There's a persistent bunch if there ever was one.

BT

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
Seeing as the world is falling apart (Brexit, Nato, possible EU falling etc) seems like a perfect time to unite the planet against alien threat. Whetver fake or genuine.

I don't see those issues as a world "falling apart" at all, unless you are a globalist. I see it more as movements to ensure self-determination. These kinds of disclosure movements have historically not attracted a great deal of worldwide attention anyway. A Happy Talk lightweight article in the entertainment section of the Washington Post does not constitute earth-shattering headlines. Remember when the production of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (Gross = $300 Million in 1977 dollars) and "E.T." (Gross = $792 Million in 1984 dollars) were seen as preparatory to "Disclosure"? I could even have been convinced of that, but alas, Nothing! And those were multi-million dollar successful productions aimed squarely at the viewing public. Greer clearly thought his National Press Club event in 2001 would break apart the logjam and force Disclosure. He blamed the failure for that to happen on 9/11, but it begs the question. If 9/11 had not happened are you telling me we would have Disclosure now? Or was that simply a convenient excuse?

And the excuses for NOT having Disclosure seem very lame to me. One of them is that it would “de-legitimize government.” Really? I don’t think so. If we suddenly knew government had been withholding information that E.T. was here, wouldn’t we still have to go on with our lives? That information would not reduce our mortgage payments, obviate the need for showers, or suddenly reduce our tax bills. The machinery of life would still need to go on.

Another excuse is that “people would panic.” I don’t see that either. Our religions do not teach us we’re the only life in the Universe. The Vatican seems quite open to E.T. And so are we. After all, we are the Star Trek generation. Warp Drive works because we’ve seen it on TV and Luke Skywalker bounces around a galaxy far away with ease. If Government suddenly said, “Hey, looks like Einstein wasn’t quite right. These guys from Andromeda just let us peek at their Warp Drive, and it’s a doozy. Zero to sixty in nothing flat.” Half of us would want to take it out for a spin. The point is that “Aliens from Space” is a natural. It’s what we expect. The only question is why it took them so long.

Disclosure of what we expect anyway isn’t a very convincing Disclosure. It doesn’t justify the secrecy. What would? Well, what if Disclosure is of something we do not expect at all?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The next group to laugh are the scientists who believe that if us humans haven't figured it out yet then it probably doesn't exist.

They may laugh at what people believe with nothing to back it up, but they surely don't believe if they haven't figured it out yet then it probably doesn't exist. Actually they are aware that they haven't figured out a lot of things. Hence they spend billions annually trying to figure out things in scientific experiments in regards to what they think might be true or trying to find out what they don't know.

It appears to me that the most closed minded people are the ones that claim to have an open mind. They have open minds as long as everyone just agrees with them.

I disagree. I am a scientist myself and I didn't mean to include all scientists. There is a lot to be said in favor of scientific methods. I just know far too many who have the opinion that it is impossible to travel across the vast distances of space.

Having an open mind doesn't require that everyone thinks like you, its not even a piece of it. It's just taking a position that we have not even scratched the surface of what reality is. That humans are not much higher than an ant when it comes to the knowledge of the universe. We may know a lot more than ants, but relatively we're closer to them in our measly tens of thousand of years of learning than to whatever wonders are yet to be learned.

Are you arguing that its better to have a closed mind? Or are you just trying to twist the definition of an open mind so that it includes everyone having to agree with them? Neither sounds very good to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Are you arguing that its better to have a closed mind?

No I'm arguing that your below statement is blanketed BS statement.

If its true then there wouldn't be any research going on, nor testing theories , nor validating what we think we know.

edit on 59331America/ChicagoFri, 31 Mar 2017 17:59:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
a reply to: interupt42

They may laugh at what people believe with nothing to back it up, but they surely don't believe if they haven't figured it out yet then it probably doesn't exist.

I agree with this. Scientists (which are people who do scientific research and not a species apart as some seem to think) privately believe a lot of things to be true. They just don't feel comfortable publishing things they cannot back up with (drum roll) scientific evidence.

Scientists can, and have, engaged with the UFO phenomenon quite seriously in the not so distant past (Hessdalen in Norway is a good example). They just need the proper motivation to do it.

Look at the scientists as S.E.T.I. There's a persistent bunch if there ever was one.

BT

Yea, I wasn't clear enough when I said "Scientists who believe". It wasn't meant as "Scientists, who believe". I'm all for scientific research and methods. But there are SOME scientists who make grand statements that no intelligent life can ever solve the space distance problem, those are the ones who laugh at the thought of aliens. They say how can you possibly travel faster than the speed of light and I say give me a billion years to work on it (since there may be lifeforms that are a billion years ahead of our science).

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Not a blanket statement at all, its a subset of scientists.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I agree with you :-)

BT

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

Not a blanket statement at all, its a subset of scientists.

Well I didn't see the subset part mentioned on your statement. Although I have yet to run or work with any scientist who feel that way , I'm sure there are some.

edit on 04331America/ChicagoFri, 31 Mar 2017 18:04:58 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join