It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post introduces the Tom DeLonge story, to the masses!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Another story involving Aliens, this is a proper paper telling the TDL story, and "NOT" making him out to be off his head,

this is quite interesting, Toms Story has just been given more legs, the Washington Post is big league, and probably one of the players,

that would be involved in any disclosure, if its happening, something is going down, and it is going down Soon!

judging by current news relating to aliens etc

www.washingtonpost.com... term=.eaf13c639aed

"But DeLonge’s air of secrecy — and the government’s — stemmed from the danger that alien contact posed, the former Blink-182 guitarist said. It was a pessimistic view of alien intelligence, a fear shared by physicist Stephen Hawking (though Hawking still supports SETI initiatives such as Breakthrough Listen). DeLonge had been “briefed on things” that caused him to lose sleep “for multiple days on end,” he said. “Because it really, really threw me down the stairs.”

DeLonge’s view was not completely dour, however. Far from it. He said that exposing the phenomenon as a malevolent extraterrestrial influence would persuade humans around the world to cooperate. He likened current global conflicts to someone incorrectly fighting a fire. “When I was in high school, I wanted to be a firefighter. I learned that you spray the base of the flame. You squirt water on the fuel, not the flame itself,” DeLonge said."

the article is quite good, i suggest you read it

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"All the small things" help I guess.

I can't help but look at Tom and his efforts with a tinge of cynicism, but I would be the first to hope that there is a BIG story and if he is the man to facilitate disclosure, good luck to him.

I'm glad the Washington Post hasn't turned it into the usual "Nut job" piece.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The fact that MSM is putting his story out there makes me go the other direction: it's even more questionable than it already was.

I can think of no good reason for them to be giving him page space other than to distract "us" from something else.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

When any possible outcome becomes a plot you can assume you are starting to lose touch with reality.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
"He said that exposing the phenomenon as a malevolent extraterrestrial influence would persuade humans around the world to cooperate."

This is the bit, thats got me, exposing them as malevolent, so does that mean they are all malevolent, it sounds like they are trying to create a new bad guy, who is much bigger than any of us!!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've read both Tom's books. the thing is, they aren't Tom's books. Both of them were written by someone else. Tom is like an Executive Producer. He commissioned the books. The first one, "Sekret Machines," is fiction and tells a sweeping tale of interstellar warfare going on without our knowledge just above our heads. It's "fiction (wink, wink) that we are obviously supposed to believe is real. The second one, 'Gods, Man, and War," is an historical treatment, kind of an update of Eric von Daniken, that attributes almost everything significant that has ever happened in human culture to the influence of the space people. It's all space people all the time. The whole tone of both books so far is a kind of, "I know sekrets, and I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." rhetoric that we have seen in for example, Steven Greer. It's the same modus operandi. One of the prevailing themes is the "Cargo Cult," which Lavenda (2nd author) details very well. Ironically, he doesn't seem to realize that he and Tom DeLonge are in one.
edit on 3/31/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: Shamrock6

When any possible outcome becomes a plot you can assume you are starting to lose touch with reality.
, he said to one of the biggest skeptics on ATS.

Get a clue lol

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

So is this the Big Reveal he promised , a cover story?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hold on to your Mouse Ears, kids, this is gonna be one heckuva snow job...

When it comes out...be careful what you believe.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
"He said that exposing the phenomenon as a malevolent extraterrestrial influence would persuade humans around the world to cooperate."

This is the bit, thats got me, exposing them as malevolent, so does that mean they are all malevolent, it sounds like they are trying to create a new bad guy, who is much bigger than any of us!!

Even bigger that Russia? Wow...I can't wait for this one.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That was what I got from the half-assed AMA he did here on ATS: I know stuff, believe me I know things, but I can't tell you why they picked me, or who picked me, or what it is I even know, but trust me it's bigtime stuff....oh and buy my book

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I think we are seeing the culmination of all the disinfo ops that have gone before, Schuy. Looks like the same players--at least some of them--backing (some might say "Handling") DeLonge.

This world is getting Hollywood-weird fast...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I remember the AMA he gave, the only answer he had for any questions (those few he actually cared to answer) was this "Buy my stuff"...

If he one day has something to say, i might listen, but so far the only thing i hear is still "buy my stuff"

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When you read the comments, you realise that this project has an uphill struggle ahead if the goal is to make the subject more accepted by the community at large.

Or, perhaps I should say, the "internet comment community" which might not be quite the same.

There sure seems to be a lot of hostility.

BT

link   
Any port in n a storm, I guess?

Or in this case, any gullible punk to be told all these "Sekrets", which he can't share, but believe me, I'm a punk who had a crap start in life, trust me.

link   
a reply to: The GUT

be careful what you believe.....

never a truer thing said, its what they want us to believe that is gonna be interesting.....

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
And ATS is called #fakenews...

*SMH*

I guess in way, this is kind of ATS in the news though. He's still a member. Any publicity is good publicity, I guess!
edit on 31-3-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: typing at the speed of light, missing letters...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

So is this the Big Reveal he promised , a cover story?

maybe a wee whet of the appetite first!

it is april fools day tomorrow

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

There sure seems to be a lot of hostility.

I don't think its hostility but rather more don't waste our time until you actually provide something new and worthy .

He is following the same old and tired methods of charlatans before him. I don't hold Greer to any level of integrity but in reality Greer has done more than Tom has done so far, which is really sad.

I just don't see the big deal about this or Tom involvement?

edit on 58331America/ChicagoFri, 31 Mar 2017 12:58:03 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So he's going the Bramley route... Gods of Eden, i.e.: Aliens making humans war for yummy bad energy (or reasons unknown).

Hard to say if it's Bluebeam starting or what, but better to keep tongue firmly in cheek and expectations high, 'cause why not?

Interesting, whether psy-op or face value... interesting, but likely not too useful or revealing to folks already paying attention.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join