It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
hi whats the quickest way to lose fat and put on a 6 pack
i used to be pretty fat now im not over weight but im really considering joining the terratorial army in the UK i know i have to be able to do 50 sit ups and press ups and run 1.5 miles but thats just to get in to start training so i thought it would be good to go in with better fitness

i would ideally like to be in IT-COMMS because im currantly studing this at college

so inconclusion whats the quickest way to lose weight and put muscule

[edit on 2-2-2005 by klain]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
hi whats the quickest way to lose fat and put on a 6 pack
i used to be pretty fat now im not over weight but im really considering joining the terratorial army in the UK i know i have to be able to do 50 sit ups and press ups and run 1.5 miles but thats just to get in to start training so i thought it would be good to go in with better fitness

i would ideally like to be in IT-COMMS because im currantly studing this at college

[edit on 2-2-2005 by klain]

Well if it is weight you want to lose, all I would suggest is eat in moderation, every 4- 4-1/2 hours, small portion, but high protien if you choose to be doing exercise. Low carb diets and exercise can take a toll on you mentally, depriving your body of important simple sugars it takes to complete energy in cells.

Remember as well you cannot turn muscle into fat and fat does not turn into muscle. They are totally different cell structures...You also have to remember that if you lose alot of weight, you lose some elastisity in your skin, and it tends to hang. Toning will help that somewhat.

Any type of resistance walking, jogging and weight training will help you tone fast and keep it toned. Avoid taking any type of enhancing formulas, the risks of some of them are greater than shedding a few lbs.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Train specifically to what you'll be tested on. Any military camp PT requirement revolves around isometrics. So you need to train your body, not with weight, but with the interaction of the muscle groups involved in the excercises. Do full squats with no weights, do push ups off of your stairs.....go down a stair as your strength increase, until you're at horizontal. Definetly run every morning, pushing yourself in weekly increments.
Foods...simply do not eat any "white" food ( sugar, processed flour goods, white bread, rice, etc. ) . Eat nothing but proteins, veggies and sparringly, whole grains.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Losing fat requires a healty diet and some good old fashion cardio-vascular exercise. Adding muscle requires strength training. You can use weights, or as mentioned you can use your body weight to perform quite a bit of exercise. Adding muscle will also help burn calories throught the day.

If possible, get up early and do your cardio(20-30 min.) first thing in the morning before you eat anything. At this time of day it's been 8-10 hours since you last ate, and your body is forced to use reserves(mostly stored fat) for energy. As mentioned, try to steer clear of highly processed foods. Don't try and skip all carbs, but just limit them to reasonable quantities. You want a lifestyle you can maintain. Give yourself 1 day a week where you don't worry about what you eat to avoid burnout.

If you can do cardio and strength training 3 times a week, and monitor your eating habits, you'll be on the road to being in good shape.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am glad there are people who can get around the fad diets and actully do some work to get it done the right way with out long term damage, or even short.

I've even taken some notes on here...lol

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Workout routines from several members are here , might give you some ideas

I need to get into shape as well but i don't have the will power :shk:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
Workout routines from several members are here , might give you some ideas

I need to get into shape as well but i don't have the will power :shk:

You def. have to have will power...eating right and excerize should be a lifestyle change, not a one or two month thing.

I walk 2 miles of non-resistance, eat balanced meals, cut back on alot of the sugar and hydrate myself with water or even pedialite (gatorade is for over active people in intense sports, when using for hydration)...I am use healthy alternatives while eating and preparing food. Its not that hard...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i walk half a mile every day except the weekends to go to the other college block on mondays and tuesdays i walk an extra mile im hoping to double this and go up the gym or swimming more often thanks for the ideas

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

i walk half a mile every day except the weekends to go to the other college block on mondays and tuesdays i walk an extra mile im hoping to double this and go up the gym or swimming more often thanks for the ideas

Swimming is great because you do not realize how many muscles you are using...if it wasnt so darn cold out Id go swimming at the gym.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
thanks for all the tips im just going to eat high protein food at college now like nuts and some fruits like apples

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

thanks for all the tips im just going to eat high protein food at college now like nuts and some fruits like apples

Id stay by the bathroom too...lol that is not high protien, thats high fiber, and you pretty much cancle out high protien if it is high fiber. Doesnt stay in your system long enough> Hi Protien: broiled or boiled chicken, green leaf:Spinich (as well as Iron which will bind you)...peanuts....lol take some TP with you

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is no quick way...not and be healthy too, and keep what you accomplish....this is a big problem with people...I want it "now"......the problem needing fixed didn't happen quick and you can't reverse it quick either...regardless of what anyone tells you.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
yeh when i sheded a lot of "pounds" it was'nt quick i had to work at it, its taken 10 years and im still not happy but with work i will reach my goal im currantly 168 pounds but need to get rid of a few "love handles"

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

yeh when i sheded a lot of "pounds" it was'nt quick i had to work at it, its taken 10 years and im still not happy but with work i will reach my goal im currantly 168 pounds but need to get rid of a few "love handles"

Fiber and water diets really are not that good for you unless you need them. For example, people that have had histories of bowl obstruction should eat high fiber...However, all high fiber does is lossen and push out. It really does not give a body time to really digest the protiens in food.

However, if you are deficient in any of your nutriant intake, you should consult a doctor.

I found out I was anemic when I was 10, only to find out I also had Hypothyroidism. I was loosing much of my viatmins and nutrients before my body had time to regulate the intake to corospond with my metabolism.

So now taking synthroid for the rest of my life, eating healthy and trying my best to do what I am told....it is working. There was one point in my life where at 5'9 I weighed 230, however I got my meds adjusted and found out I had gained almost 20 lbs in water weight alone( Edema). So I went from 230 to about 170 in 3 months. Now at 5'9 I weigh 172-178 and try to keep it that way..I know I am not skinny minnie but I can deal with that....ho humm whats a person to do.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
in the last day ive done 25 sit ups and hope to double this but in time

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Switch to drinking Green Tea without sugar....it's good for you.

also, nervous tics are good for you

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
Switch to drinking Green Tea without sugar....it's good for you.

also, nervous tics are good for you

LOL

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
That came up in the news lately, along with standing up burns a significant number of calories....so do more things standing up.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Not that I really need to, but as I get older I realize that I need to cut some things out of my diet. I have heard that cutting soda out alone can subtract 10-20 pounds from you over the span of a year. I suppose that it is all the sugar. I'll tell you how it goes in 11 months.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Many things can make us a drop a few lbs during our daily life food or exercise, even if you dont think it is.

Cutting back on soda, and other sugar added beverages can reduce body fat. Added sugars do not burn as fast as simple sugars (found in some foods). Seeing Fat Free does not mean always that it is that either. Twistlers for instance, "Fat Free", however, the sugar content in the package is very high. Burning that amount of sugar off before it turns to fat is really bad.

Instead of Twistlers or snacks like that, try dehydrated fruits. Low sugar beverages, that are water based are better than carbonated beverages; however fruit juices are both high in sugar and in carbohydrates, diet iced teas (low in carbs and sugars), water (duuh) and even low to skim milk are a better choice.

When it comes to burning calories, since when you are standing your muscles are not at rest, I can see how you can burn some calories, being significant though? No. NOW, if you were standing and flexing...maybe.

I'd rather do a full work out and be happy. Howeve everything you do burns calories if you do it long enough...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join