It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA misses loaded handgun, owner self identifies, then is charged.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I'd think that Georgia wouldn't have the authority to revoke a CCW from Alabama.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But they can revoke it in Georgia. So no CCW in Georgia for her anymore.
edit on 30-3-2017 by verschickter because: stupid stupid typo

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I sure do hope so...I'm not sure how one forgets a firearm in their belongings. I know when I carry mine it's always in the back of my mind and as long as I have carried I know all the usual places I'm not allowed to carry it. I mean damn...

When I fly I always empty my luggage before packing it.

ETA: just realized the autocorrect...I kinda find that one funny as hell.
edit on 30-3-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I feel like a fine and revokation is a much more suitable punishment for the deed than actual criminal charges...Hell the fine can go towards training for the inept TSA people lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

damm - i messed the fact that it was a CCW from another state

in which case 2b - prosecute her for whatever violations [ if any ] of the local fireams cary laws she may have infringed

the reason i want to yank her CCW - is simple - people who dont even know that they are armed should not be allowed to CCW

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah. I understand you reasoning and I'd agree with it too if it wasn't for the fact that it was for a different state.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

But they can revoke it in Georgia. So no CCW in Georgia for her anymore.

Does it work like that?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: network dude

If she had already made it past security she could have just kept it quite and went about her business. She tried to do the right thing and got in trouble.

The right thing to do would have been to file off the guns serial numbers and drop it in the trash rather than embarrass the TSA. "Hey, you missed our gun!"

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
To be honest, idk for sure..
But I assume, that state A can refuse a CCW license from state B. Because that would be the mirrored problem, of one state overriding another one. For example it´s stil illegal to smoke a jonny for a california resident in, let´s say texas.

I mean state A can´t revoke the ccw license from state B, but they can surely choose to see it as invalid. Hope I got the point across.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That would kinda ruin reciprocity...Dontcha think

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
They need amnesty bins. Somewhere if you find something security missed, you could discreetly drop the item in . . . no harm no foul.

As for why she specifically was arrested, it sounds like she would not have been had she had her carry permit on her.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
They need amnesty bins. Somewhere if you find something security missed, you could discreetly drop the item in . . . no harm no foul.

They need this for dirty briefcase bombs delivered by camel urine drinkers who are rethinking meeting Allah so soon.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Why? So you can legaly posess and consume cannabis in texas, if you are a californian resident? If not, my point is the same but applied to CCW.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Back in the mid 70's and 80's, I would state I had one-unloaded.... and surrender it to the airlines, who would give possession to the captain who would lock it into the Captains cabin until landing...but that was then....

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Back then, the cockpit door was wide open and children and adults were allowed to look around the cockpit. The flight attendants even approach the kids actively if they want to take a look.

That was when flying was somehow comfortable and a journey for itself. Now it´s shut the # up and get in line.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Reciprocity is federally recognized...Legal cannibis consumption is not...As much of a farce as that is. It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: intrptr

She self-reported to police and officers showed up at the gate to confiscate her gun and bag. Jackson told them she had a permit from Alabama, but did not have it with her. Police arrested her and charged her with unlawful possession of a handgun.

Right after that she was walking to the plane when a nearby terr suddenly puled an AK from concealment and started shooting. She reflexively reached for her gun, but...

The last thing I'd want if a terrorist was shooting up a place is for an unknown civilian shooting back. You have no clue what their training is and you need more than just target practice training to respond in such a situation.

Thats why terrs shoot up airports, thanks to fraidy cats like you they know everyone there is unarmed and can kill with abandon.

Same with places like the Kenya Mall, Mubai hotel, ETC.

These incidents went on for hours. Much rather have them think twice about attacking some place, precisely because there are idiots with guns, than no guns at all. You don't see them attacking places where there are people with guns like the gun range, lol.

What a dork. At least if they aren't qualified, some nearby veteran will be.

"Here, gimme that".

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Back then, the cockpit door was wide open and children and adults were allowed to look around the cockpit. The flight attendants even approach the kids actively if they want to take a look.

That was when flying was somehow comfortable and a journey for itself. Now it´s shut the # up and get in line.

I have a picture when I was a child standing in the cockpit with the two pilots. I think the picture is from 1980 or so. They'd take you up into the cockpit, show you around. Take a picture and give you a set of pin on wings.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

He grabbed his go bag and forgot he had his wife's 380 in the bag.

Sorry to be argumentative mate, but isn't it like rule number 1 of gun ownership to actually know where the firearm is?

As for the actual topic, yeah she did the right thing...
But did they follow the Law?

In other words is it a chargeable offence, whether she admits her mistake or not?

It's like going to ICE and saying "oh yeah I'm illegally here, I've admitted my mistake, don't arrest me please".

Or is that different?

I agree with this...the TSA could have handled it with a warning, maybe, but the responsibility still lies with the gun owner to know where the gun is, know where her permit is, etc.

There's plenty more to fry the TSA over.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Alabama Honors Every State Carry License / Permit.

These states honor the Alabama Pistol Permit

Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky. Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, VIRGINIA, VERMONT, West Virginia, WISCONSIN, Wyoming.

But she didn't have her license with her, so that might be a deal breaker.
edit on 3/30/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join