It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Healthcare Vote Withdrawn

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Trump is a moron... he said he blames the Democrats for it not passing. The bill didn't need one single Democrat to vote for it.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Which was sort of the point of the "reconciliation" thing. Wasn't it?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: gortex

They had 6 years to figure out a replacement but they instead wasted time attacking Obama. Shocking, I know. Republicans are complete failures and I'm glad their god awful and rushed "healthcare" replacement fell flat on its face.

They have ALL had plenty of time to fix it or replace it. While the right attacked Obama what exactly did the left do to fix it? Heads in the sand and deny the reality of what was happening? Didn't seem to work out.

There is no excuse for any of what's going on with the legislative branch and hopefully people will start really getting motivated to vote for people willing to work for change.

Not holding my breath since it's easier to not accept blame and point fingers. Go team!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Look at all the ATS-"crats and cans" in jubilee and confusion!!

(post by Sillyolme removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The ACA has some very strong points addressed, pre-existing conditions, kids on their parents insurance until 26, etc. It also has some serious faults. The Republicans have had control of the house and Senate since 2010, and did nothing except come up with the turd that the vote was pulled on, shame on them.

Somebody really needs to take a look at the high cost of health care in this country.

(post by Gandalf77 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Spider879

peoples lives are at stake.

True but for the Koch Bros, 0 fks given..they were the ones who wanted a crappy bill worst.

Are you sure about that or did you prematurely pick up your pom poms?

Koch Brothers’ group vows millions to Republicans who vote against health care bill

I actually for once agree with the Koch's!

The Koch Brothers wanted the bill voted against because it still contained the basic requirements (maternity care, mental health care, etc). They did want the 'this crap bill but worst'. Or, this crap bill made even worse.

You don't understand the article you provided. Spider879 was correct.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Spider879

peoples lives are at stake.

True but for the Koch Bros, 0 fks given..they were the ones who wanted a crappy bill worst.

Are you sure about that or did you prematurely pick up your pom poms?

Koch Brothers’ group vows millions to Republicans who vote against health care bill

I actually for once agree with the Koch's!

The Koch Brothers wanted the bill voted against because it still contained the basic requirements (maternity care, mental health care, etc). They did want the 'this crap bill but worst'. Or, this crap bill made even worse.

You don't understand the article you provided. Spider879 was correct.

The bill also contained gun control! So NO I understood the bill perfectly! Ryan is a gloabalist shill just like the Dems you adore!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The bill also contained gun control!

Where?
www.gpo.gov...
edit on 3/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
a reply to: amazing

My opinion, based upon the Constitution, is that healthcare should be completely up to the states. I'm not interested in the argument about what should or shouldn't be in a "perfect world" environment.

This country cannot afford to pay for everyone's health insurance because about 50% of the people in this nation -- mostly liberals, don't pay any taxes at all. If taxes were raised in an effort to try and provide universal coverage, the drop in capital investment and economic activity would send this country and probably the whole world into a depression.

However, if a state like Massachusetts, which under Mitt Romney did pass a plan similar to Ryancare wants to do so, that's fine with me. Under the 10th Amendment they are perfectly within their Constitutional rights to do that.

I understand what you're saying about the constitution, but reality is a little more cloudy than that.

What if you've been paying insurance and taxes for years and you lose your job and your insurance and then your wife get's a a car wreck. Does she have the right to medical care? Let's say she is losing blood and also has a broken leg. Then, is it only life saving medical care she has a right to (stopping the bleeding and then sending her on her way) or is it actual medical care...with no take home pain medication, crutches or physical therapy?

That's what we're talking about.

And then I would say that half of those people you mention that don't pay taxes are republican. Research that.

(post by seeker1963 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
The ACA has some very strong points addressed, pre-existing conditions, kids on their parents insurance until 26, etc. It also has some serious faults. The Republicans have had control of the house and Senate since 2010, and did nothing except come up with the turd that the vote was pulled on, shame on them.

Somebody really needs to take a look at the high cost of health care in this country.

I know. Republicans have had 7 years to come up with a good plan. And this is the best they can do? LOL Talk about key stone cops.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If you (plural) keep labeling every elected Republican that fails or exercises critical thought, a RINO... you're going to start running out of people to vote for. Same for news sources... eventually you'll be down to Sorcha Faal.
edit on 3/24/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The bill also contained gun control!

Where?
www.gpo.gov...

Ryancare does not repeal or ammend the 2nd Ammendment issues spedifically mentioned in Obamacare.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Seeker said the AHCA includes gun control.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

If you (plural) keep labeling every elected Republican that fails or exercises critical thought, a RINO... you're going to start running out of people to vote for. Same for news sources... eventually you'll be down to Sorcha Faal.

I call them as they see them! Sorry, if it upsets you! But it amazes me that all of a sudden the people on the left like you are now sticking up for the globalist shills on the right?

But hey! At least you're consistent when it suits you and your beliefs!

edit on 24-3-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

I know. Republicans have had 7 years to come up with a good plan. And this is the best they can do? LOL Talk about key stone cops.

This bill was a turd from the get go, all of the compromises only made it worse. As I said in my first reply, we need some really smart, ready to compromise folks, to sit down and fix this. This for-profit medical care system is not working, and that somehow needs to change.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Now Trump is defiant and blaming it on the Dembs. and at the same time calling for bipartisanship.

How can he get anything done now? Talk about pissing in your oatmeal!!

www.politico.com...
edit on 24-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You should stop accusing people that disagree with you of being upset. Also don't mistake my temporary pat on the back of Republican members of the House as anything but temporary. They did their job and listened to their constituents. Are your fellow right wingers globalists now too? Because it was them calling their reps. and showing up at meetings, demanding for this bill to be voted against.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join