It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do these Symbols mean on my Great Grandfather's Master Mason Sword? (Pictures Included)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Wow! Take good care of that

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I'd put all that up for auction as it looks like they could fetch a bit.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It was possibly made by the famed bladesmith, Weyersberg company in Soligen, Germany. It should have W. Clauberg Solingen engraved on the other side if it is this old. It might be a later production by Horstmann Bros. of Philadelphia, PA. This was likely used by York Rite Freemasons for ceremonial purposes. You'll find an explanation for movement of the 30th to the 31st degrees hidden in this document from the Ancient Chinese Koans. See case 132-133. No Noble Voice 31st degree, Bodhisattva 32nd, and then return for 33rd Degree. But say, what does it mean to deceive people in relation to the tombstone in case 132 and statue in case 133? Sword to the heart of the matter in the temple.

Entangling Vines

I'm not a Mason, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

you got one thing right,, Your not a Freemason,,

It's Templar sword from the York Rite, nothing more, there is no 30th, 31st or 32d Degrees in the York Rite.
If you where a Mason you would know that.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I'd like to see your Rosslyn tattoo. We just visited and I took some amazing pics -- they even let us in for free (because we are St. Clairs).

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sauron

I was not referring to York Rite, but the source of original Masonry.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Old people can be posers too.

Food for thought

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: vampira309

It's a realistic black/grey scale of exactly this foreground facade.

Only someone I may be consorting with gets to see it. Such a thing may be rare these days with; dick pics sort of being the modern business card, to greet someone with... but I am a modest individual.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

excellent! I have a great photo of my husband in that very spot.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow
I was not referring to York Rite, but the source of original Masonry.

Masonry has nothing to do with Chinese Koans or any other Eastern philosophy.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The cross and the crown is a dead giveaway of it being from the York Rite.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Manu would disagree.

The first Masonic Legislator whose memory is preserved to us by history, was Buddha, who, about a thousand years before the Christian era, reformed the religion of Manous. He called to the Priesthood all men, without distinction of caste, who felt themselves inspired by God to instruct men. Those who so associated themselves formed a Society of Prophets under the name of Samaneans. They recognized the existence of a single uncreated God, in whose bosom everything grows, is developed and transformed. The worship of this God reposed upon the obedience of all the beings He created. His feasts were those of the Solstices. The doctrines of Buddha pervaded India, China, and Japan. The Priests of Brahma, professing a dark and bloody creed, brutalized by Superstition, united together against Buddhism, and with the aid of Despotism, exterminated its followers. But their blood fertilized the new doctrine, which produced a new Society under the name of Gymnosophists; and a large number, fleeing to Ireland, planted their doctrines there, and there erected the round towers, some of which still stand, solid and unshaken as at first, visible monuments of the remotest ages” (Morals and Dogma, p. 278).

Tiandihui

Koans hold the origin of you mysteries.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Pike's opinion on Buddha is not a historical fact. Masonry's origins have been demonstrated to come from Middle Age stone guilds as shown by the Regius Poem.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The secret doctrine of Gnosis, the fraternal order of the Monks and enlightenment was never a discovery of any one Masonic brotherhood, but rather a shared priesthood known throughout the world, but you already know this. And yes, even the Bible is a Koan.

edit on 21-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow
The secret doctrine of Gnosis, the fraternal order of the Monks and enlightenment was never a discovery of any one Masonic brotherhood, but rather a shared priesthood known throughout the world, but you already know this. And yes, even the Bible is a Koan.

If you say so, Masonry still has zero to do with Eastern philosophy. But you would know this if you were actually a Mason and participated in the ritual.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Pike

Buddha is declared to comprehend in his own person the essence of the Hindu Trimurti; and hence the tri-literal monosyllable Om or Aum is applied to him as being essentially the same as Brahma-Vishnu-Siva. He is the same as Hermes, Thoth, Taut, and Teutates. One of his names is Heri-maya or Hermaya, which are evidently thesame name as Hermes and Khirm or Khurm. Heri, in Sanscrit, means Lord.

A learned Brother places over the two symbolic pillars, from right to left, the two words IHU and BAL: followed by the hieroglyphic equivalent, of the SunGod, Amun-ra. Is it an accidental coincidence, that in the name of each murderer are the two names of the Good and Evil Deities of the Hebrews; for Yu-bel is but Yehu-Bal or Yeho-Bal? and that the three final syllables of the names, a, o, um, make A.'.U.'.M.'. the sacred word of the Hindoos, meaning the Triune God, Life-giving, Life-preserving, Life-destroying: represented by the mystic character ?

The genuine acacia, also, is the thorny tamarisk, the same tree which grew up around the body of Osiris. It was a sacred tree among the Arabs, who made of it the idol AUzza, which Mohammed destroyed. It is abundant as a bush in the Desert of Thur: and of it the "crown of thorns" was composed, which was set on the forehead of Jesus of Nazareth. It is a fit type of immortality on account of its tenacity of life; for it has been known, when planted as a door-post, to take root again and shootout budding boughs over the threshold."

edit on 21-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Pike's opinion is an opinion and is not historical fact. He enjoyed tying multiple philosophies together, it doesn't mean he was correct.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Indeed very much so; of course depending on degree and orders and of course lodge specifics such things is either significant or insignificant.

So both yourself and Augustus are in a sense correct... focus is going to vary and does between the same organization, I know of some lodges only do fund raising... they never get into any of the order and degree business unless someone specifically wants to go in that direction.

So depending on where you are there you are as far as whatever it is; is decided to take place. Some treated no more than an after college fraternity house; to drink and party rub elbows around hiring strippers etc. so eh best to check it out or speak with some to see how theirs operates; especially if one wants to get into the more metaphysical aspect of it...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
So both yourself and Augustus are in a sense correct...

There is nothing correct in stating Masonry has at its base Eastern philosophy.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The European and US Masons are very far apart in how they handle things; the Rose and Royal Order of the Cross accepts all of it and has sought to link all of it together into one harmonious order not something separate but all pointing to the exact same thing; of course one gets to choose their personal bent... but in the spirit of brotherhood none of them are really encouraged to be seen as separate, or higher or lower than any of the others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join